I get it at work once in a while also. Sometimes the jabs are harmless, but sometimes they jabs are more like an attack. The owner of our company switched to an iPhone recently.

When people see me going through an issue with my BB<which happens sometimes> they are like 'BB will DIE! BB is going out of existence'. I just tell them them that all phones go through issues and not to make a big deal of it.

On occasion, I have wowed people with my device too
    02-09-12 11:40 AM
    I feel left out. No one cares what phone I use outside of CrackBerry.

I feel the same though!
    02-09-12 11:49 AM
    I feel left out. No one cares what phone I use outside of CrackBerry.

I feel the same though!
    LOL. It's a smartphone jungle out there.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-09-12 11:55 AM
    I need to whip my phone out more often to elicit heated debate.

I foolishly keep it in my pocket most of the time. .
    02-09-12 11:58 AM
    My BB does everything I need, and nothing that I don't need (like transferring 8 MP photos back and forth, scarfing up data). Just the other day, I was with a friend (an interior designer) who was trying to show a prospective client a website on her iPhone, and had to apologize that she couldn't show them the full site because it was in Flash. I typed in the address on my Torch, and there it was, in all its Flash glory.
    Tell your friend to download Skyfire or Puffin and she will have full flash as well. Problem solved.

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk
    02-09-12 12:06 PM
    Here's an example: a friend and co-worker that I text often is finally getting a smartphone!

I told her how much I like my BlackBerry keyboard, LED, size etc.

She just announced what phone she is getting after I explicitly told her to get a BlackBerry so we could BBM.

Notice my scathing reply and how a heated debate follows. I'm the second one in the text thread. Google Voice puts the senders name on all lines.

http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/l...MTIwLmpwZw.jpg

Lol. As you can see, I couldn't care less what phone she chose. It's her choice and has no negative impact on me.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 02-09-12 at 12:24 PM.
    02-09-12 12:09 PM
    ^ those are definitely some strong fighting words. You better be looking over your shoulder for the next few days.
    02-09-12 12:38 PM
    LOL.

I routinely jump BB users with my posse every 3rd Sunday of the month. We be dropping them Bs on em.
    02-09-12 12:47 PM
    LOL.

I routinely jump BB users with my posse every 3rd Sunday of the month. We be dropping them Bs on em.

The other night one of my friends sat down next to me while I was doing something on my Bold and asked me "Still using a BlackBerry? Don't you like smartphones?" He's lucky we were in a church...I politely told him a thing or two or three. The funny thing is he's a "feature phone" user still.
    02-09-12 12:56 PM
    Well this time it only took 18 posts for someone to call an iPhone a toy. Yay for progress! *eyeroll*

vrs626 likes this.
    02-09-12 01:02 PM
    My BB does everything I need, and nothing that I don't need (like transferring 8 MP photos back and forth, scarfing up data). Just the other day, I was with a friend (an interior designer) who was trying to show a prospective client a website on her iPhone, and had to apologize that she couldn't show them the full site because it was in Flash. I typed in the address on my Torch, and there it was, in all its Flash glory.
    When did the Torch get flash?
    02-09-12 01:06 PM
    Well this time it only took 18 posts for someone to call an iPhone a toy. Yay for progress! *eyeroll*

Was going to comment on that as well, but thought better of it. Sigh, trolls come in all sizes and flavors.

I'm surrounded by iPhone users at work...there's only one I really flame at, but mostly because he's a "worship at the altar of steve" type. The rest I can usually have good conversations with regarding phone choice. I may not prefer iPhone but the last thing I'm going to do is call it a toy.
    reeneebob likes this.
    02-09-12 01:08 PM
    People think a Honda Accord or Toyota Camray are the best. I'd be willing to bet they have never driven a Chrysler 300 too.
    02-09-12 01:10 PM
    My GF works for a technology firm and she also goes through the same deal. And keep in mind that she has a 9850 Torch. She is the only person with a BB and they nick named her phone the grand ma phone. She gets very frustarated with this, her office is mostly IPhones with some Androids sprinckled in. But she says no one says anything bad about the Droids.
    02-09-12 03:05 PM
    I've started packing heat. I hate when someone disrespects my phone.

Seriously though, what kind of people do some of you hang out with who would give a rats *** what kind of phone you have.

I'm with Chrisy, no one seems to notice what kind of phone I have, nor do they seem to care.
    02-09-12 03:29 PM
    I work in a basicly all apple enviroment, with a few BB. I try to convert them but one school just purchased 180 Ipads. Going to be difficult now lol. What a shame haha. Im not one for debating which is better either so simple answer is " I work on them all, they all suck". Except BB ofcourse lmao.
    02-09-12 03:31 PM
    I've started packing heat. I hate when someone disrespects my phone.
    We need an app that resets the other persons phone...hard reset that is

Seriously though, what kind of people do some of you hang out with who would give a rats what kind of phone you have.

I'm with Chrisy, no one seems to notice what kind of phone I have, nor do they seem to care.
    Ironically, for me it's the apple people I work around that make the biggest deal. There are some that can't seem to get over the fact that a person could actually prefer a BlackBerry.
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    02-09-12 03:32 PM
    My GF works for a technology firm and she also goes through the same deal. And keep in mind that she has a 9850 Torch. She is the only person with a BB and they nick named her phone the grand ma phone. She gets very frustarated with this, her office is mostly IPhones with some Androids sprinckled in. But she says no one says anything bad about the Droids.
    Tell her to stand proud and consider herself the unique, smarter one of the bunch!! Lol
    02-09-12 03:33 PM
    Anyone that doesn't like my Blackberry can just suck it! hehe. Just kidding.

No really, to each their own. I don't partake in "my device is better than yours" conversations. You just talk in circles and refuse to see the other person's position. It's like talking politics. PASS!
    02-09-12 03:45 PM
    The conversation never comes up. I see a lot of androids a few iphones and a few blackberry's.
    02-09-12 03:49 PM
    Anyone that doesn't like my Blackberry can just suck it! hehe. Just kidding.

No really, to each their own. I don't partake in "my device is better than yours" conversations. You just talk in circles and refuse to see the other person's position. It's like talking politics. PASS!
    Well said. My sister has BB I have iPhone. The last time I visited her I picked up her phone and played with it for an hr. She did the same with mine. THEN I KICKED THE CRAP OUT OF HER....

No none of that. I don't get the iPhone vs BB vs Android thing. It's so f';(:$g. High School.
    Last edited by skier1960; 02-09-12 at 07:30 PM.
    02-09-12 04:06 PM
    Since when did BlackBerry phone browers support Flash? Did I miss something?

Or was this a joke? :/
    I think maybe he's a little confused.
    what probably happened was that the iPhone will always try to send you
    to the mobile version of a website and he just simply went to the full
    version
    02-09-12 05:09 PM
    As an added bonus you can always use the BlackBerry PlayBook to smack upside the head those very people scoffing at your use of this tablet. If you have the tablet protected by an Otterbox case, there is no harm - to the tablet - when it strikes someone in the skull after being flung across the room. I hear the BlackBerry PlayBook even makes an excellent ping-pong paddle too.
    02-09-12 09:36 PM
    I try to avoid the "my device is better because" topic as well. It's pointless and never ends well!
    Especially pointless to the argumentative type using a non-BlackBerry smartphone.
    02-09-12 09:39 PM
    Sometimes when I go to my client's houses they tell me I should get an iPhone. I tell them I had one but I upgraded to a Blackberry.... They usually leave me alone after that, lol
    02-09-12 11:43 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD