Hi

Just got a refurb 9780 and trying to get all set up, am with giffgaff in the uk and the phone isn't recognising my giffgaff contacts so i'm getting charged for texts etc when it should be free.

Have asked on their site but they just say do a manual roam and reboot.
    Can anybody help? have pulled the battery and that didn't help
    01-04-13 03:09 PM
    So your texts to other giffgaff users should be free but texts to other users are charged? This would be something giffgaff would need to look into as the charging is done their side, not on the phone.
    01-04-13 03:42 PM
    So your texts to other giffgaff users should be free but texts to other users are charged? This would be something giffgaff would need to look into as the charging is done their side, not on the phone.
    Nope it should be free giffgaff to giffgaff and I have unlimted texts anyway, with a bundle. I have contacted them. They are a bit useless to be honest lol.

was wondering if it was maybe a corporate phone or something before?
    01-04-13 03:55 PM
    All the charging is done via the carrier so I'm afraid your best bet is to contact them again.
    01-05-13 12:38 AM
    Try some technical skilled persons and used it in a different way to repair......
    GlamGemini likes this.
    01-05-13 12:49 AM
    Nope it should be free giffgaff to giffgaff and I have unlimted texts anyway, with a bundle. I have contacted them. They are a bit useless to be honest lol.

was wondering if it was maybe a corporate phone or something before?
    What Lunatic is explaining to you is that RIM and your phone do not bill you for your texting. That is done by the giffgaff carrier. If you don't get good service from giffgaff, then look for a different carrier.
    01-05-13 12:50 AM
    What Lunatic is explaining to you is that RIM and your phone do not bill you for your texting. That is done by the giffgaff carrier. If you don't get good service from giffgaff, then look for a different carrier.
    Yep its definitely a problem with the carrier. Have asked them for help via their 'ask an agent' service online, annoyingly they haven't got back to me yet.

Also, been trying to figure out myself what the problem is. The only thing I can think of is when I was setting it up, I got a message saying, did i want my contacts to BlackBerry or something? Myself and my brother thought this was for BBM as its the first BlackBerry we've had so we clicked no, Should we have clicked yes? Could that be it?

Also, where is that really handy link to the user guide for the 9780 that someone very kindly posted up here yesterday? Am sure i have some more newbie questions for you all hehe
    01-05-13 06:43 AM
    Try some technical skilled persons and used it in a different way to repair......
    hehe yeah some technical skilled persons would be handy about now lol. I must admit am not that techy minded and this is my first BlackBerry. Just wish my carrier would get it sorted so I can actually enjoy the experience
    01-05-13 06:44 AM
    Another couple of newbie questions hehe.

As I was playing with the phone last night, I noticed the little one line of icons that appears on the home screen has disappeared!! No idea how this happened or how I get it back, how do I do this?

Also which is actually the volume up and down switch for during calls? I pressed the one on the left with the three little dots on and it spoke to me, not entirely sure what that was lol. I wear hearing aids so deffo need to find the volume and stuff to try this out. Am finding it great for my sight tho, have upped the font and its lovely.

All help muchly appreiciated!! Am currently having a good nosey through the user guide via the blackberry website.
    01-05-13 06:49 AM
    giffgaff is a rubbish network. they save money by only having online support and no phone support... sounds like its their fault though!
    01-05-13 08:58 AM
    giffgaff is a rubbish network. they save money by only having online support and no phone support... sounds like its their fault though!
    Yeah they are, it seems stupid to me that they don't have a helpline or anything, they are now saying I may have to wait 72 hours for a reply from their ask an agent service!! Ridiculous!! I'm convinced there's only one person works there on a little desk.

I don't know whether to take my sim out and put it back in again, then click yes when it says sync contacts to BlackBerry or whatever it was......Giffgaff no help whatsoever. Definitely thinking of changing, don't know who's good though, I was with Virgin before.
    01-05-13 09:16 AM
    With virgin here, never had a problem concerning blackberry, or any other problems in the 2 years ive been with them... contract.
    01-05-13 09:45 AM
    With virgin here, never had a problem concerning blackberry, or any other problems in the 2 years ive been with them... contract.
    Yeah I was with them on PAYG for years just up until Feb 2012, then switched to GG. They seem terrible with BlackBerry tho, which is silly.
    Does Virgin BlackBerry Messenger include everything? is that BBM, apps and everything?
    01-05-13 09:58 AM
    Yeah they are, it seems stupid to me that they don't have a helpline or anything, they are now saying I may have to wait 72 hours for a reply from their ask an agent service!! Ridiculous!! I'm convinced there's only one person works there on a little desk.

I don't know whether to take my sim out and put it back in again, then click yes when it says sync contacts to BlackBerry or whatever it was......Giffgaff no help whatsoever. Definitely thinking of changing, don't know who's good though, I was with Virgin before.
    i dont think that will works. its a problem from their end. i guess u could try it. virgin is good. 3 is very good too
    01-07-13 03:34 AM