I tried fully charging the battery..(the battery symbol shows up with lightening bolt on the side)..... the red light comes on and off while charging.

When I pull the charge cord off .... the red light comes on again and goes off.

I hold the power button and I see a little white flash... and nothing.

I take the battery out...and put back in... nothing.

Am I doing something wrong? It was working fine last night....
    10-04-08 09:55 AM
    try taking the battery out for 30 seconds. If that doesn't work I would take the phone/charger back as being defective.
    10-04-08 10:02 AM
    When it is fully charged is that what shows up is the battery with the lightening across it?
    10-04-08 10:13 AM
    no, if thr phone is off or completly dead i get the large batery pic
    id return it
    10-04-08 10:31 AM
    Yeah, they told me to bring it in. He said when it is charging that the red light stays on.

Mine is blinking on and off while charging with 5 second intervals.
    10-04-08 10:37 AM
    I'm not happy...... I got an Instinct on Thursday..got it out of the box and played with it for a sec and hated it. I took it into the Sprint store the same day and got my blackberry and love it. But, i'm not happy with what i'm going through already with it. I have never had trouble with any of my Samsung phones.
    10-04-08 10:38 AM
    I'm not happy...... I got an Instinct on Thursday..got it out of the box and played with it for a sec and hated it. I took it into the Sprint store the same day and got my blackberry and love it. But, i'm not happy with what i'm going through already with it. I have never had trouble with any of my Samsung phones.
    Just like any product, there are a few DOA's out of the box, Quality Control normally weeds out runs of clinkers, but every now and then a few get by. Nothing to freak out over, just go get it replaced and start using the new one.
    10-04-08 11:13 AM
    I got it to work. I guess the battery was so dead it needed to charge for awhile. It finally came on......

How long does it take to fully charge and how long does your battery life last?
    10-04-08 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD