I recently got my two year old daughter her first phone and of course it's a BlackBerry!

Do you think it's too early for her to have her own phone? I thought about waiting until she was three.

Got my daughter her first phone-img_20170221_1628294.jpg

Attachment 417835

Of course it's a dummy phone from AT&T.
    Last edited by mrfreeze; 02-21-17 at 03:44 PM.
    02-21-17 03:33 PM
    I think you did a bad decision ,you should have other priorities for your daughter

Via classic
    02-21-17 03:36 PM
    I think you did a bad decision ,you should have other priorities for your daughter

Via classic
    It's a dummy phone, not a real one. She just uses it as a toy.
    bakron1 likes this.
    02-21-17 03:42 PM
    oh, that's ok then

Via classic
    02-21-17 03:44 PM
    For some reason only the picture of my daughter is embedded in the post, I can't get the picture of the phone to stay embedded.
    02-21-17 03:45 PM
    I recently got my two year old daughter her first phone and of course it's a BlackBerry!

Do you think it's too early for her to have her own phone? I thought about waiting until she was three.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170221_1628294.jpg 
Views:	810 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	417836

Attachment 417835

Tsk tsk tsk. You know what's going to happen next don't you? She'll get tired, really fast, of her calls not connecting and her WiFi dropping out and Dad's too cheap to put her phone on the plan, so she keeps running out of minutes. Then she's going to come looking for Dads phone when he's not looking.
    mrfreeze and gebco like this.
    02-21-17 03:49 PM
    Then she's going to come looking for Dads phone when he's not looking.
    She already does that! I was hoping this would mitigate that issue, it does not. lol
    02-21-17 03:50 PM
    Excellent idea. Good choice of a phone as well. Ha ha I need to get one of those for my kids.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-17 03:52 PM
    I say why not. Apple basically started that way. BlackBerry should be thinking that way maybe they will get some more support then. Possibly BlackBerry Trainer Phone like walkie talkies back in the days when I was a kid.
    But may I suggest a mirror on the face of it though. Then she can do her makeup with mom. By the way cute pic.
    02-21-17 03:53 PM
    Excellent idea. Good choice of a phone as well. Ha ha I need to get one of those for my kids.

Posted via CB10
    It wasn't easy to source. Haha.

The Z10 was the best choice as it is super durable. She has thrown and dropped it numerous times with no damage.
    02-21-17 03:58 PM
    By the way cute pic.
    Thanks!
    02-21-17 03:58 PM
    It wasn't easy to source. Haha.

The Z10 was the best choice as it is super durable. She has thrown and dropped it numerous times with no damage.
    Honestly that's a good testing feature for the durability of a phone. Chances are if you have a little one your kids have grabbed your phone at some point and it inevitably gets dropped, thrown, or something.

Should maybe offer your guidance to some companies for testing purposes.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-17 04:02 PM
    No problem, she wearing BlackBerry Huggies too ? I find BlackBerrys help digest Apples too. Hahaha.
    Always and forever BlackBerry user till death do us part.

She could be the the new beta tester.
    02-21-17 04:10 PM
    My mother runs daycare, and while the little kids had a couple of "kids toy" cell phones (Fisher-Price type stuff), I gave them a bunch of old but real phones (old Nokia bar phones, and Samsung and Moto flip phones) and they absolutely love playing with them. In fact, they're far happier playing with those than the Fisher-Price toys. It's amazing how fast they pick up on things, and how they immediately understand the difference between a toy and a "real" phone.
    02-21-17 07:49 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170221_1628294.jpg 
Views:	810 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	417836

Attachment 417835

I got my son his first BlackBerry (z10) when he turned 1. No plan but I knew he could appreciate the flow

Posted Via Passport with CB10 app
    02-22-17 07:16 AM
    My mother runs daycare, and while the little kids had a couple of "kids toy" cell phones (Fisher-Price type stuff), I gave them a bunch of old but real phones (old Nokia bar phones, and Samsung and Moto flip phones) and they absolutely love playing with them. In fact, they're far happier playing with those than the Fisher-Price toys. It's amazing how fast they pick up on things, and how they immediately understand the difference between a toy and a "real" phone.
    You should be ashamed of yourself, giving a possible exploding phone (samsung) to children! Lol kids do love things with screens and buttons

Posted Via Passport with CB10 app
    02-22-17 07:19 AM
    I gave my PlayBook to my granddaughter when she was three.... had it loaded with Disney videos and a few basic games. It surprising how quickly they can pickup how things work. Not saying three year olds need working phones, but they are never too young to start learning.
    02-22-17 07:22 AM
    She already does that! I was hoping this would mitigate that issue, it does not. lol
    Haha I have a coworker with a daughter about the same age that will grab his phone and take off with it. We were working out the other day and I was using my phon for a timer. Little fart kept walking over and trying to take mine. Her little toy phone wasn't cutting it
    02-22-17 08:06 AM
    The AAP has released new recommendations that significantly limit the amount of screen time that young kids have access too. I suspect The new limits are still too generous.

I get that this was a joke, but this is probably the right place to remind parents of young children to severely limit or eliminate the access that kids under 2-3 have to screens (TVs, DVDs players in the back of minivans, cell phones, tablets, computers, etc).
    misterabrasive likes this.
    02-26-17 04:54 PM
    She's going to be angry when she realises it doesn't have access to the same apps her friends use.
    02-27-17 12:41 AM
    Naiiss

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 03:11 AM
    I gave my PlayBook to my granddaughter when she was three.... had it loaded with Disney videos and a few basic games. It surprising how quickly they can pickup how things work. Not saying three year olds need working phones, but they are never too young to start learning.
    Totally agree, when I was 3 years old my dad taught me how to navigate MS-Dos to a paint program,. Point is kids are smarter and more capable then they appear
    02-27-17 09:19 PM