Hello !

A few days ago, I suddently got my BB calendar replicated: Each and every entry was duplicated. I'm using Gmail Sync for mobile, so I figured out that if I delete all other calendars (associated with my email accounts) I will end up having just one, the "default".

The only way I thought doing that is going to book services and deleting the CICAL entries next to my e-mail address. It worked for the calendar, but I was fooleshly thinking that will resolve my issue.

I realized later I couldn't send any email, got as many red X's as you can imagine.

Went to the BB site and clicked on "resend service books". Didn't work (although the deleted CICAL entries appeared again).

Deleted the e-mail address altogether from the att.blackberry.com page, still having the same issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    05-11-10 02:17 PM
    Have you pulled your battery? You've tried everything else I would have suggested.

As far as the duplicate entries, you get that when the default calendar gets changed. Sync only sees the default calendar so when it gets changed, it dumps all of the events onto the new default. You can set your default calendar in options / advanced options / default services.
    05-11-10 02:28 PM
    The first thing I did was pull out the battery...

I don't see a "default calendar" in the option you suggested, so I selected one of my e-mail address as the default one (?).

The most serious issue, is that sent e-mails don't come through :S After a while I get the red X...
    05-11-10 02:43 PM
    You seem to have deleted essential service book entries. Go to your BIS website and re-send your service books.
    05-11-10 03:01 PM
    You seem to have deleted essential service book entries. Go to your BIS website and re-send your service books.
    I did, CICAL entries appeared again, but problem persists....
    05-11-10 03:17 PM
    The "Device Default" calendar and the default calendar in the default services menu aren't the same thing (in fact, as you found, you can't even make your Device Default calendar the default). Device Default is just where all of your events end up that used to live in calendars that you deleted, or events that you created before you had any email addresses set up (and therefore before you had other calendars). Once your events resync to your newly-selected calendar, you can delete all of the events in the Device Default calendar and it will disappear from the lists.

As far as your email not working, are you receiving email?
    05-11-10 04:32 PM
    Thanks for the calendar tip.

I am, in fact, receiving email. I even did an O.S. upgrade (8300 from 4.5.0.110 to 4.5.0.182).
    I get the red X after 20 mins or so after sending.

The last resort will use the wipe option.. but that's not the ideal.. I've tried everything I'm aware of..
    05-11-10 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD