So, I am a big fan for the Q10 and lately been hitting two phones my z30 and my Q10 but never was able to cope with the fact that I needed the bigger screen and my keyboard at the same time with the same operating system. Today I saw the blackberry classic and played with it abit in a cellphone shop and to my surprise I LOVED it and bought it today and let me tell you: IT IS WORTH IT to switch from the Q10 to the Classic BIG TIME.

First: the screen in not Amoled and it is very well brighter than my Amoled Q10 (I think it's LCD).

Second: it feels sharper than the Q10.

Third: the size and shape of the phone and the feel in the hand is super premium. It feels like a Scandinavian design output. Like a Bang & Olufsen accessory. Just very premium and slick design.

Fourth: the battery is really nice.
    Fifth: the 10.3.1 let's android apps work as natives. I only download instagram, instamessage and Google maps since I have all the apps I need on my BlackBerry world. (I use instagram only for the filters but since it will be featured on the insta10 soon enough I guess the instagram days on my phone are not that long).

I am extremely satisfied and feel the real upgrade from the Q10 to the Classic. And that's coming from a guy who asked for a Q10 successor a month ago and I tried to create a Q10 channel just for that. I still love my Q10 but am very satisfied with my Classic.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 11:31 AM
    How is the google maps app? I use that daily in NYC.
    02-03-15 11:50 AM
    As native

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 12:13 PM
    I use an older version of google maps, one that does nor haras me about my G+ signing in.

runs a bit chopily tbh

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 01:04 PM
    I run the latest update. I just puts skip when it asked (only the first time) for signing in. And that was it. I used it since my Q10 and now here

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 01:58 PM
    Do you still use your Z30? I got one And I am thinking on going to a classic... not sure if it will be an upgrade or a downgrade...

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 04:48 PM
    Do you still use your Z30? I got one And I am thinking on going to a classic... not sure if it will be an upgrade or a downgrade...

Posted via CB10
    I am in the same boat as you henriquehh. I like the specs of the Z30, but I hate the virtual keyboard. Only if the Classic came with the same specs with as the Z30 it would make the decision much easier.
    02-03-15 05:35 PM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Enjoy OP! Yeah, I had a q10 and think the Classic does hit the sweet spot!!! Classic >>>>> q10 imo

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 05:44 PM
    I am in the same boat as you henriquehh. I like the specs of the Z30, but I hate the virtual keyboard. Only if the Classic came with the same specs with as the Z30 it would make the decision much easier.
    Yeah, here in Portugal we do not haver the classic on the shops, s� I cannot see the classic with my own eyes. Today I had the passport in my hands, and honestly I think I would not adapt to the phone. I love my Z30 but I think an upgrade is necessary...Miss the phisical keyboard, but very afraid Of the specs... now from z30 users to go back to classic or not... that is the question...special for that price... I do not know what to do....lol

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 05:47 PM
    Q10 and Classic both have 720p x 720p screen. So, OP, correct me if I am wrong, but you probably see exact same amount of content on screen as in Q10? Pixel size is slightly bigger so everything is probably marginally bigger but overall amount of content (lines of text) visible per screen should be identical?

Correct me if I am wrong.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 05:49 PM
    Nice OP...looking forward to getting a BlackBerry Classic myself. Thanks for the good feedback.

Posted using my awesome Blackberry Q10.
    02-03-15 08:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Honestly the Classic's screen is wider than the Z30's and it feels much more of an upgrade especially with android apps working flawlessly. Definitely and update and no classic came instead of both Q10 and Z30 together as my only drive.

Posted via CB10
    henriquehh likes this.
    02-04-15 01:18 AM
    Q10 and Classic both have 720p x 720p screen. So, OP, correct me if I am wrong, but you probably see exact same amount of content on screen as in Q10? Pixel size is slightly bigger so everything is probably marginally bigger but overall amount of content (lines of text) visible per screen should be identical?

Posted via CB10
    I'll have to check for that to be honest I never made such comparison but putting the two together Classic's screen is brighter bigger and looks and feels sharper.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 01:20 AM
    Nice OP...looking forward to getting a BlackBerry Classic myself. Thanks for the good feedback.

Posted using my awesome Blackberry Q10.
    You are welcome

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 01:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    The Classic's screen is 3.5" verses Q10's 3.2" so it is physically larger and you do see more of the page as I have put both of my phones side by side. I most likely won't go back to my Q10 ever because I love this phone and the toolbelt rules!
    02-04-15 09:39 AM
    Tried the classi out before rolling it out to the ceo. It feels good but I'm addicted to my passport. It's feels a lot faster, is easier to read /write emails and better at browsing the Web. The classic is the same speed as the q10 / z10 isn't it? My z30 feels a lot faster then the z10 and the passport feel a lot faster then the z30. The z30 is running a 10.3.1 leak tho

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 10:10 AM
    I use an older version of google maps, one that does nor haras me about my G+ signing in.

runs a bit chopily tbh

Posted via CB10
    Check post #1.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=965257

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    02-04-15 10:11 AM