While Jan 30th has come and gone and each day we are seeing more and more apps coming to BB. I thought of something Rim could do to help the lure people away from other platforms.

Some people seem to be focussed on apps, right or wrong it seems to be a huge part of peoples decision making. Some people are heavily invested in their platforms others not as much.

What I suggest to help make it the transition easier to join BB is this.

Blackberry would allow you to repurchase X amount of the SAME apps/content from your other platform. Assuming both stores have the same item available they would allow the new customer to get the app/content for free.

Say 3 or 5 apps are my absolute favorite on platform *. If I switched to Blackberry I could get them back for free.

Not sure how they could prove I had abc app on android or what ever platform though.

Just thinking out loud, what do you guys think?

They could time this for the American launch. By then we will have even more large names in appworld as well.
    02-02-13 07:07 AM
    dont most apps go for 1$ or 2$??? I dont think this cost is a significant factor. As long as the apps are there and RIM allows you to purchase them (available in all countries), I dont think it should be a problem.
    02-02-13 07:34 AM
    While I think the idea is an interesting one, I also can't think how you (or anyone else) could prove they had X apps.

This
    They could time this for the American launch. By then we will have even more large names in appworld as well.
    on the other hand, makes me cringe. Basically, what you're saying is everone else around the world who has already purchased, or will purchase, the phone before it's US realease should pay for their apps, then once it's available in the US, then the apps can go "free". Doesn't that overly penalise the rest of the planet just because the US carriers can't get themselves together to release the phone at the same time as everyone else?

Si.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-02-13 07:43 AM
    A small incentive BlackBerry could give is a $5 blackberry world credit (or other small amount).
    02-02-13 08:37 AM
    Oh, so BB, not RIM any longer, should take it in the keister for further hits because the US Carriers, who received the handsets for testing the same as everyone else, have to jump through many more hoops before they start selling their handsets? Yeah, that makes sense.
    02-02-13 08:45 AM
    Good idea actually. Although they would probably just say $15 in free apps for every new customer. Or a certain number of free apps, like 10 free apps.
    02-02-13 08:46 AM
    That was my 200th post!
    02-02-13 08:47 AM