Hi...am trying to get to grips with Blackberry Maps and googlemaps on my Bold. I find Blackberry Maps frustrating because it doesn't follow the car, I have to scroll across the screen. Googlemaps follows the car ok, but the screen fades to black every minute or so!(Blackberry Maps stays on all the time). The only options I can find to change are the screen backlighting ones, which have no effect.

Grateful for any advice please!?
    02-16-09 04:58 PM
    I am having the same issue. It seems sometime google maps will continue giving me direction without the screen locking (going blank) the other times it will go blank while I'm driving which is annoying because I have a press any button to view the map. Is there any option we can enable so while I'm getting direction thru google map the screen never goes blank? Please help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 02:13 AM
    Hi...am trying to get to grips with Blackberry Maps and googlemaps on my Bold. I find Blackberry Maps frustrating because it doesn't follow the car, I have to scroll across the screen. Googlemaps follows the car ok, but the screen fades to black every minute or so!(Blackberry Maps stays on all the time). The only options I can find to change are the screen backlighting ones, which have no effect.

Grateful for any advice please!?
    BlackBerry maps will follow the car if you press Esc to return to the tracking mode after you scroll.

Google Maps fades to black when the car has stopped, but turns back on when the car starts moving again. At least on my Bold.

However, Garmin Mobile was more user friendly and it had automatic reroute as well as other features I needed, to make it 100% handsfree (and, essentially legal).
    03-10-09 08:25 PM
    Hey Chris,

I had the same issue with google maps but my mate put me on to 'Screen Light':

appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/6808

Does the job
    03-19-10 05:00 AM
    Try Leave It On. In the CB store, allows you to decide when you want your backlight left on, and will keep it on until you decide to shut it off. Works well for me when I'm using google maps or navigation software.

http://software.crackberry.com/productMobile.asp?id=32805

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-10 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD