Am I the only one having major issues with google sync? I love this service, but It seems to be constantly duplicating my calander entries, loosing tons of contact data and turning off my reminders..

Has anyone else experience this? have we found a way to resolve?
    06-24-09 12:27 PM
    I've had nothing but excellent luck with GS.

Try going to Options>Advanced Options>Service Book.

Delete anything that has [CICAL] on the end.
    06-24-09 12:51 PM
    I've had nothing but excellent luck with GS.

Try going to Options>Advanced Options>Service Book.

Delete anything that has [CICAL] on the end.
    Why? I have a (CICAL) for gmail, my work email, and blackberry.net. What will deleting these do?
    06-24-09 01:15 PM
    I had trouble with events disappearing on the the calendar.

I looked at the google help blogs, and troubles seem to abound for many.

I deleted it and I am going to wait out improvements, losing data is not acceptable.
    06-24-09 01:36 PM
    I had trouble with events disappearing on the the calendar.

I looked at the google help blogs, and troubles seem to abound for many.

I deleted it and I am going to wait out improvements, losing data is not acceptable.

Ditto! It seems very prevalent with Outlook 2007.

Ken
    06-24-09 01:43 PM
    GS works flawlessly on my Storm, "touch wood"
    06-24-09 01:51 PM
    I only have the allday problems that are well documented, as well as recently issues with reminders being removed when I sync, or repeating events not remaining as such.

I'm still testing things though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 02:19 PM
    Why? I have a (CICAL) for gmail, my work email, and blackberry.net. What will deleting these do?
    It removes the duplicates.
    06-24-09 02:35 PM
    Works perfectly on my bold
    06-25-09 12:35 AM
    Do you use all three calendars or just one? If you only use one and you're using a today theme I would delete the others. Today themes can only handle one calendar at a time.
    06-25-09 01:25 AM
    are you also syncing with outlook separately?
    06-27-09 03:02 AM
    having multiple sync's (work calendar on BES & Google sync) seems to cause this sort of issue...
    06-27-09 03:48 AM
    anyone else notice that when syncing with Google calender it deletes all entries older than 4weeks from your Blackberry, so i'm in a meeting and somebody asked me "what date did you attend that meeting" hang on while i check my BB, oh sorry Google seems to think that i no longer need this information as its over 4 weeks old, simply no good for me, i need to recall appointments from longer than 4 weeks ago. hope Google sort this soon.
    06-27-09 10:09 AM
    My thoughts exactly, it seems this thread has confirmed nearly every issue I was having, so its not just me!

As i said I love the idea of this service, but I am experiencing:

-duplicate calendar entries
    -loss of data
    -disapering reminders
    -re-ocuring apointments no longer apearing as such (major PITA when trying to remove what WAS a reocuring apointment, have fun deleting 2 years worth!)
    -and maximum 4 weeks of apointments (actually, not only does it delete apointments more then 4 weeks past, if you add a new apointment via your blackberry that is more then 4 weeks in the future, it syncs it to google, then removes it from your blackberry and re-downloads it when its within the 4 week sync period.. sure hope u didnt need to know when that apointment was in the interm!)

Google.. I hope your reading this!!
    06-27-09 04:14 PM
    Most people ( me included) feel like data from a month ago is just taking up space on the handheld. If you really need the information it is located online. You can go to google calendar online and search for it. I also have my google calendar and contacts two-way sync with outlook so they are always talking to each other. If I need to reference old events I can always go to my computer and check outlook or go online. Its not a bad setup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 04:25 PM
    i'm having trouble syncing my calendar events from phone to google calendar.

i've already downloaded the google sync application and it worked fine for my contacts but not for my calendar. everytime, i try to sync my calendar, this message appears "google sync is disabled while the blackberry is updating settings. please try again in 5 minutes."
    07-02-09 12:23 AM
    -and maximum 4 weeks of apointments if you add a new apointment via your blackberry that is more then 4 weeks in the future, it syncs it to google, then removes it from your blackberry and re-downloads it when its within the 4 week sync period.. sure hope u didnt need to know when that apointment was in the interm!)

Google.. I hope your reading this!!
    Umm, if you go to options in Google Sync you can change the option to sync future appointments to 24 weeks.
    07-02-09 01:47 AM
    i'm having trouble syncing my calendar events from phone to google calendar.

i've already downloaded the google sync application and it worked fine for my contacts but not for my calendar. everytime, i try to sync my calendar, this message appears "google sync is disabled while the blackberry is updating settings. please try again in 5 minutes."
    sounds like you were trying to sync while the phone was receiving service books.

Also google cal will only sync calendar items placed on your BB after your first sync. It won't sync items on your calendar prior to installing google sync
    07-02-09 01:48 AM
    It's doing well on my 8320
    07-02-09 02:21 AM
    I have a problem with google sync in that it won't sync - at all - it freezes almost -and says "signing in as [my username] ...starting login" and then nothing else ever happens.

I installed it when I first got my Curve, then it stopped working and my calendar kept saying that "another app was adding stuff to my calendar" so I deleted the whole application and re-installed it -and now am having this problem.

I sync my google calendar with my outlook calendar - but wanted to just use googly sync to handle my calender to avoid duplicity.

?Any help would be great!
    07-03-09 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD