Does anyone know if there is a way to determine which calendar Google sync's my calendar with? I have my work email and my personal email going to my phone using BIS. I would like to have Google sync sync to my calender associated with my google email and have my work calender updated with desktop manger. Is that possible? If not, what is the point in having multiple calanders?
    04-21-09 10:05 PM
    I believe it goes to the default one ( your main email)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 10:28 PM
    I believe it goes to the default one ( your main email)

That is what I am trying to figure out. Both google sync and desktop manager both go to the default. I am looking for how to keep my work and personal calenders separate. Is that possible?
    04-21-09 10:30 PM
    Go to google sync on your BB. Open Options. Click on the bottom where it says "Sync these calendars". This will open another screen where you can pick which calendars you want synced.
    04-21-09 10:33 PM
    I know that you can change the color on your calender on the phone for different email accts,
    I don't think I quite understand exactly you want to do.
    Can you elaborate a little more please?

04-21-09 10:35 PM
    Go to google sync on your BB. Open Options. Click on the bottom where it says "Sync these calendars". This will open another screen where you can pick which calendars you want synced.
    That selects which Google calendar not which BB calendar. Since I only have one google calendar, the only option that comes up is "Personal" which is the name of my google calendar online.
    04-21-09 10:36 PM
    I know that you can change the color on your calender on the phone for different email accts,

He only wants his personal calendar to sync to Google, not his work calendar.
    04-21-09 10:37 PM
    That selects which Google calendar not which BB calendar. Since I only have one google calendar, the only option that comes up is "Personal" which is the name of my google calendar online.
    Oh yeah...nevermind me. Only one of my email accounts sends to google. I'll have to check to see why.
    04-21-09 10:39 PM

Basically, since I have multiple calendars on my phone, I want them to each be able to be synced to a different source. I want google sync to sync to my gmail calendar. And I want desktop manager to sync to my work email calendar.

Does that clarify what I want?
    04-21-09 10:40 PM
    Just a heads up, I don't know if old Goog have fixed it yet, but Google Sync tends to make a pretty decent mess of calendars on the device.

You may end up with duplicate calendar entries, a lot of them, and some all day entries, like birthdays, may end up shifted to the day after the actual date or may get stretched out over multiple days.

This was my experience with Google Sync. And it was a headache to get sorted out afterwards.

04-22-09 01:59 AM
    Just a heads up, I don't know if old Goog have fixed it yet, but Google Sync tends to make a pretty decent mess of calendars on the device.

You may end up with duplicate calendar entries, a lot of them, and some all day entries, like birthdays, may end up shifted to the day after the actual date or may get stretched out over multiple days.

This was my experience with Google Sync. And it was a headache to get sorted out afterwards.

Agreed... I was a supporter of Google Sync until I had to completely re-do my calendar because all the birthdays were pushed one day back!!!
    04-22-09 06:11 AM

+1

but with storm it seems to be ok
    04-22-09 08:12 AM
    Does anyone know if there is a way to determine which calendar Google sync's my calendar with? I have my work email and my personal email going to my phone using BIS. I would like to have Google sync sync to my calender associated with my google email and have my work calender updated with desktop manger. Is that possible? If not, what is the point in having multiple calanders?
    i don't know about other models but on storm you can use options--default services---calender (cical) to change the default one that google uses
    04-22-09 08:15 AM
    very informative post and replies
    04-22-09 09:18 AM
    i don't know about other models but on storm you can use options--default services---calender (cical) to change the default one that google uses
    You can with Curve also. But you set the phone as a whole to use 1 particular calendar as the default calendar. So no matter what syncing tool i use, it will sync to the same calendar. I want to have 2 separate calendars synced separately for 2 different sources. as it stands, Google and Desktop manager will both sync to the same calander
    04-22-09 09:22 AM
    I may have found a solution (For me at least) but I am not sure. I currently have BIS on me BB since it is my personal phone, but my company has the ability to setup BES. Would I have the ability to have both on my phone which would allow me to keep my BIS (Gmail) calendar and my BES (MS exchange) calendar separate? I am pretty sure my company will pay for the BIS while I pay for the BIS, is that possible?

And if I did set that up, would I be able to have google sync sync to my BIS calander and have BES sync my BES calander?
    04-22-09 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD