With Skype almost here I think BlackBerry should now focus on teaming with Google to bring their apps to BB10.
    What are your views on this?

Posted via CB10
    joshua.worth likes this.
    04-27-13 06:54 AM
    Agree. Want G+ on BB10!

Posted via CB10
    Amrul Hasani likes this.
    04-27-13 09:47 AM
    I don't think it is in the interest of google , since the only thing in my opinion is still holding off BBRY to be on top again is the lack of Big App names which is the reason Android is selling so muck. If all google apps are found on BB platform no one would ever think of buying Android again That's my two cents
    04-27-13 10:01 AM
    I don't think it is in the interest of google , since the only thing in my opinion is still holding off BBRY to be on top again is the lack of Big App names which is the reason Android is selling so muck. If all google apps are found on BB platform no one would ever think of buying Android again That's my two cents
    Google doesn't make money when people buy an Android phone. They make money when people use their services. That is why they support iOS, even though Apple does not put its services on Android. I am confident that we will start seeing Google apps on BlackBerry once the user base gets bigger.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 10:07 AM
    I am confident that we will start seeing Google apps on BlackBerry once the user base gets bigger.
    I'm not. I think it's a different world now. I can't see Google supporting any other competition other than iOS unless the start developing and pushing HTML5 apps. But building a dedicated app for WP8 or BB10? I just don't see it.

They could easily port them now, yet they haven't. Now don't get me wrong, I pray that we do get all the Google apps. I love Google maps, but I just don't think it will happen.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 10:14 AM
    They just released a simplified version of Google Now for iOS. Why no love for BlackBerry?!

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 05:00 AM
    If the market share grows, Google will make products for bb10. Google earns more money from ios than android. That says enough.
    pantlesspenguin and LuisRoa10 like this.
    04-30-13 05:07 AM
    But that's linked. The market share will grow if we get these Google apps. That's one way to look at it.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 12:49 PM
    But that's linked. The market share will grow if we get these Google apps. That's one way to look at it.

Posted via CB10
    It's not googles responsibility to grow the marketshare so the right way to look at it is to put it on BlackBerry. If you build it, they will come.
    05-07-13 11:59 PM
    It would be nice to see Google show BlackBerry some love and I only see the small amount of market share as a barrier, as has already been stated in this article Google makes most of their money from serving ads to folks who are on the internet didn't matter how they got there just t the ads they're viewing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    05-08-13 01:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's pretty much the chicken and egg story. We need more apps, especially the big name and popular ones like Google Maps and others to attract more people to BB10, but the main players, including Google, are holding off on supplying apps until the userbase grows. I would like to at least see the BlackBerry developer relations team reach out to Google to get them on board building apps for the BlackBerry 10 platform like they used to do with the legacy BB OS 5 and 6.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    05-08-13 01:36 AM
    Do hangouts work in the web browser?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 09:14 AM
    I agree with you. BB hardly care about competency. That's why they went Into corner. They do sounds but they doe's look into their stupid BB world which is useless.
    09-27-13 12:45 PM
    Do hangouts work in the web browser?

Posted via CB10
    No. It uses a Plug-In for Desktop Web Browsers. You can chat with Hangouts users by using a Google Account and Google Talk client, but the functionality will be rather poor compared to a real Hangouts client. Also, Google Talk will get retired sooner or later.
    09-27-13 04:16 PM