Google+ is seriously phenomenal, its the best of Bbm (group chat with delivered and read notifications) with Facebook functionality (you can control who sees what content with circles, and its much easier to use) and Twitter combined, I highly recommend getting in on it, adoption is taking off!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-11 05:06 AM
    Google+ is seriously phenomenal, its the best of Bbm (group chat with delivered and read notifications) with Facebook functionality (you can control who sees what content with circles, and its much easier to use) and Twitter combined, I highly recommend getting in on it, adoption is taking off!

Actually it's been halted for now, no more invitations.

07-01-11 06:04 AM
    Actually if you know someone that has it they can invite you, I just minutes ago sent out over 100 invitations

07-01-11 06:07 AM
    Actually if you know someone that has it they can invite you, I just minutes ago sent out over 100 invitations

But can they join? I heard it in a cnet podcast today that the Beta is closed for now.

07-01-11 06:12 AM
    Yeah they're joining, its closed in the sense that Google themselves isn't handing out invites currently

07-01-11 06:13 AM
    There is a "workaround" that as of yesterday was still working. Create a circle of gmail users you'd like to invite, call it "invites" or whatever you'd like, then create and post an update/message that's directed only at that circle. Upon receipt Google has then given the recipients an option to join +.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    07-01-11 06:42 AM

So its just like gmail used to be. I felt special when I got my invite to gmail : )

07-01-11 07:43 AM
    Hold on, do you need a gmail account to join it?

07-01-11 08:07 AM

hey katiepea! will you invite me??? [email protected]
    07-01-11 08:38 AM
    i agree google+ looks totally sick

The Google+ Project

but do you guys think there will be support for BBOS7?? I plan on getting the new 9900 but i just checked out google+ and its def made for androids at the moment...
    07-01-11 08:39 AM
    Google+ really shines on the mobile app, which is to be expected I guess since it's obvious they built it around the mobile concept. From what I've read Google is planning to release mobile apps for all platforms. How long it takes for them to get the mobile apps released remains to be seen, however I would speculate they're actively working to get them done.

The web UI is done well, but it takes some time to break yourself of typical habits generated from FB or other social networks. My only real criticism is that there is an element of Twitter behind it, whereas anybody can follow you if they know your google profile, so if you inadvertently post publicly, your followers will see what you have shared as well. I typically only post to My Circles by default, or individual circles, but I can foresee somebody in a hurry not paying attention and post to Public. I personally set my profile to not being searchable online, and there is a method to block people from seeing your stream as well.
    07-01-11 10:32 AM
    hey jones do you wanna invite me to google+? [email protected]
    07-01-11 10:50 AM
    I would like an invite too from the workaround. Can someone with a google + give me a PM plz!!!!
    07-01-11 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD