Hi all,

I just downloaded 1Mobile to see what it's like. I downloaded SnapChat and updated to the latest version offered within 1Mobile.

When I opened SnapChat, it asked me to get Google Play Services in order for SnapChat to work properly. I downloaded Google Play Services off of 1Mobile.

When I opened Google Play Services, it automatically shuts down and says 'Unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped.'

Does anybody have any idea or a solution to this?
    04-23-14 05:39 PM
    Hi all,

I just downloaded 1Mobile to see what it's like. I downloaded SnapChat and updated to the latest version offered within 1Mobile.

When I opened SnapChat, it asked me to get Google Play Services in order for SnapChat to work properly. I downloaded Google Play Services off of 1Mobile.

When I opened Google Play Services, it automatically shuts down and says 'Unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped.'

Does anybody have any idea or a solution to this?
    You will have to adjust your settings according to the faq on Google services on this site
    You will be better off getting snap.

With Google play services it's hit and miss on bbry since it's a work around not actual google play
    As bbry doesn't actually have access to Google play as they aren't part of the open alliance or using an official android
    Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-23-14 05:42 PM
    You will have to adjust your settings according to the faq on Google services on this site
    You will be better off getting snap.

With Google play services it's hit and miss on bbry since it's a work around not actual google play
    As bbry doesn't actually have access to Google play as they aren't part of the open alliance or using an official android
    So you're saying that if I get Snap, Google Play Services will work from Snap?

How would I get Snap on my Q10?
    04-23-14 05:53 PM

No but you will have less issues as snap allows you to get updates and Google play vets their apps some apps will not work because of the Google play calls that are important like vetting
    Which is an auto check for the latest version and malicious intent in. An app

04-23-14 06:29 PM

Side loading isn't really for a newbie you have to know what you are doing its more like hit and miss with apps

04-23-14 06:31 PM
    Side loading isn't really for a newbie you have to know what you are doing its more like hit and miss with apps

I might be newbie , but I've sideloaded plenty. I just side loaded Snap, but for some reason when I try to download apps, the same error message pops up.

Error # 1: Can't find resources

Error # 2 : Still need Google Play Services

I can't seem to figure out how to get Google Play Services to work.
    04-23-14 06:35 PM
    I might be newbie , but I've sideloaded plenty. I just side loaded Snap, but for some reason when I try to download apps, the same error message pops up.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...orking-862184/
    Again it may not be worth it as again its hit and miss if it works or not

FYI Snap2chat already got approved for bbw so you don't need the Android app

04-23-14 06:44 PM

While you can download any Android app, it doesn't mean it will work.
    Generally speaking if it needs additional resources or Google play services then you won't be able to run the app on blackberry.
    If it worked previously then great, but that doesn't mean it will work now. Your best bet is to hope someone works out another workaround which as you have discovered is only ever going to e temporary

04-23-14 06:50 PM
    Did you check to see if your device is switched on to allow apps to run from other sources? You can verify by going into menu settings+App manager +installing apps. Toggle on.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 11:45 PM
    Snapchat seems to work without Google services. Just cancel the notification about Google play service and then continue to use Snapchat.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    04-24-14 12:42 AM
    Try snap2chat. Native snapchat client. Now in BlackBerry World

Posted via BlackBerry 10.3
    HighFlight88 likes this.
    04-24-14 01:33 PM
    Try snap2chat. Native snapchat client. Now in BlackBerry World

Thanks NemOry, downloaded your app last night.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    04-25-14 12:12 AM
    Snap2Chat Lite now available for download get it for FREE here http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/53779890

or if you already have the pro, maybe you will have the time to share this to your friends too. you can read the differences of the paid and free versions here http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=884385 thanks so much!!! #TeamBlackBerry #NemoryStudios

04-25-14 04:25 AM
    I know this isn't exactly the question. But since I got my new replacement BlackBerry Q10 none of the tricks to download candycrushsaga are successful.

I've done it thru sideloadblackberry.com and from amazon app store.

The screen is "king" and orange and says it's loadung.

Then it disappears. Like poof.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 04:29 AM
    I know this isn't exactly the question. But since I got my new replacement BlackBerry Q10 none of the tricks to download candycrushsaga are successful.

Posted via CB10
    What os version are you on?

04-25-14 07:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    It does if you install Google play apk and Google settings apk. That's what works for me.
    miker476 likes this.
    04-25-14 02:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    The latest version of CCS no longer works "as is" on BB10. Prior versions worked fine.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 01:08 PM
    Hey nemory if u r looking for a new project plz make a quiz up game client like the one Daniel Gary a windows phone developer has made called quiz it

Posted by my ZZZZZ33000
    04-26-14 01:43 PM
    The latest version of CCS no longer works "as is" on BB10. Prior versions worked fine.

Posted via CB10
    Find an older version and side load it...

But this emphasizes the issue of relying on an unofficial means to get apps. Who know if in three months BlackBerry is forced to lock the Runtime again or if other newer updates cause an app to fail.

Then you be having to explain to any of your friends you talked into a BlackBerry how to Side load, or worse how to install a developer token and convert your own apps to get the ones you want.

The App gap is far from closed.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 01:52 PM