There seems to be quite a misconception around the forums on the role of PR firms spreading negative sentiments concerning BlackBerry. Many believe this is a myth....Or a fare tale fabricated out of BlackBerry "fanboyism"....

All we need to do is refer to the link below....note the site.....the content and the author. You'll be quite surprised

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-hat...nding-us-stuff
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 03-08-12 at 06:51 PM.
    03-08-12 06:47 PM
    Oh boy... better take cover before the onslaught begins in 3 ... 2 ... 1 .....
    missing_K-W likes this.
    03-08-12 06:54 PM
    Not understanding your point..... It is very obviously a lot of the media loves a negative story.... and right now RIM fits the bill..... An example was today at the new Ipad release with tech writers "marvelling" at the ability to actually being able to record 1080p video on the latest IPad..... I rest my case....
    Barljo and guzprom like this.
    03-08-12 07:18 PM
    Not understanding your point..... It is very obviously a lot of the media loves a negative story.... and right now RIM fits the bill..... An example was today at the new Ipad release with tech writers "marvelling" at the ability to actually being able to record 1080p video on the latest IPad..... I rest my case....
    My point is that there are PR firms that are contracted to deliberately put down the BlackBerry brand, and create biased propaganda. Even sites such as CrackBerry aren't immune. There is a negative bias that does in fact exist.
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 03-08-12 at 07:26 PM.
    03-08-12 07:21 PM
    My point is that there are PR firms that are contracted to deliberately put down the BlackBerry brand, and create biased propaganda. Even sites such as CrackBerry aren't immune. There is a negative bias that does in fact exist.
    Its one thing for a media outlet to receive an article or talking point and another thing for it to print it. Also PR agencies trash talk to see what "sticks", its important to have your own mind and opinion!

My 9900 gets respect!
    03-08-12 07:35 PM
    Its one thing for a media outlet to receive an article or talking point and another thing for it to print it. Also PR agencies trash talk to see what "sticks", its important to have your own mind and opinion!

My 9900 gets respect!
    The sad reality is that it does exist. Competitors sponsor these campaigns, and there is content that gets into print. However people have a disbelief. This sadly, and unfortunately isn't the case
    03-08-12 07:39 PM
    Competitors sponsor these campaigns...
    What would lead you to believe that? Those two obscure spam emails from the other thread?
    03-08-12 09:03 PM
    It would be so nice if people would just take a shot at growing up, or even just take some meds to control elements of their paranoid delusional complexes. Guess what? Everyone gets versions of the same garbage from one or another spam mail campaign. Blame the rest of the world if you like or blame the solar flares or a rare alignment of planets if it makes you feel better, but RIM's problems are self inflicted. Poor decisions, slow releases, and a string of products that have been not well received are core reasons for the brand's position, not conspiracies....
    app_Developer and up488 like this.
    03-08-12 09:46 PM
    I find it interesting that the CBers that come and tell others, that the media always treats everyone fairly and are never biased against RIM. Are the same CBers that come out daily to trash everyone's interest in BlackBerry, in the BlackBerry forum.
    Very convincing!
    Hawkeberry and missing_K-W like this.
    03-08-12 10:20 PM
    It would be so nice if people would just take a shot at growing up, or even just take some meds to control elements of their paranoid delusional complexes. Guess what? Everyone gets versions of the same garbage from one or another spam mail campaign. Blame the rest of the world if you like or blame the solar flares or a rare alignment of planets if it makes you feel better, but RIM's problems are self inflicted. Poor decisions, slow releases, and a string of products that have been not well received are core reasons for the brand's position, not conspiracies....
    While what you've said is true, i think what irks the CB nation goes a little beyond that. Your last line about the reasons for the brands position is accurate as can be, but let's call that 'being down'. And thats fine, because its RIM's own untied shoelace that caused the stumble. But then there's stuff that is just plain unnecessary, like bringing up the fact over and over that the PB launched without native email, AFTER 2.0 dropped which remedied that deficiency. You're holding a PB which is fully capable of firing off emails without the aid of bridge, and still ******** about what happened last april?? C'mon, that's so, umm, last april. That is what i call being kicked WHILE being down. Which is ridiculous. And as another post above brought up, now we have to hear about how awesome the iPad is with its HD recording. That makes me so mad i could scream. And record myself. In HD. On my PlayBook.

Your post brings up the wounds, which is one thing. But to have a crapload of people in line waiting to throw salt at you is another.
    03-09-12 01:08 AM
    What would lead you to believe that? Those two obscure spam emails from the other thread?
    It's a well know fact Facebook has been caught hiring a PR firm to spread rumours about Google, yeah, it definitely happens. If you don't believe me search for it.

Here it is:

http://www.alecdifrawi.com/alec-difrawi-sports/facebook-hires-pr-firm-to-bash-google/
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 03-09-12 at 01:28 AM.
    03-09-12 01:24 AM
    The sad reality is that it does exist. Competitors sponsor these campaigns, and there is content that gets into print. However people have a disbelief. This sadly, and unfortunately isn't the case
    I do now see that there are dozens of posts on Crackberry documenting this paid bashing.

Unfortunately, they all seem to have a common source... speculation by a very small group of individuals.
    03-09-12 07:11 AM
    I think there a couple of factors at work -- definitely some level of targeted negativity, often including disinformation. Maybe not a grand, concerted commercial espionage, but many planted articles with a negative agenda.

And the second factor is the dysfunction of the generally degraded news media. The tech sector is hardly immune. The press hasn't handled the evolution of digital news very well and journalistic standards were an early casualty. So we get this lurid, biased coverage. Columnists, pundits and reporters can count on a hit piece to draw attention to themselves. And once a hit is posted, its easier and cheaper to pass it along rather than actually going to the bother and expense of actual research and reporting. One of the great thing about Crackberry is that they make a real effort to add unique content. Its not just a compilation of links and snarks.

The upshot of all this is we come here to read and talk about a company that is constantly being derided as a loser. No one wants to buy a laughable loser's products. The cure is for RIM to continue to innovate and to continue its transition to 21st Century advertising. Better late than never.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    03-09-12 07:51 AM
    If there were PR firms spreading misinformation, the money paid to accomplish it would be better spent thrown at the biggest competition. I could see Microsoft throwing resources at denouncing iOS or Android, or iOS and Android targeting each other.

I wouldn't much expect iOS or Android to expend much effort towards RIM. At the moment (and for the last couple of years), RIM isn't really much of a threat in the market.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 03-09-12 at 08:17 AM.
    03-09-12 08:12 AM
    I wouldn't much expect iOS or Android to expend much effort towards RIM. At the moment (and for the last couple of years), RIM isn't really much of a threat in the market.
    The both secretly fear RIM the most. QNX runs nuclear power plants.
    03-09-12 08:28 AM
    Lol exactly. Now..if RIM had been releasing phones for the last 2 years with competing specs, competing OS, and most importantly, competing apps..and there was still a negative sentiment being "circulated"..then I could agree.

It's only the fanboys who are derping that somehow their beloved RIM isn't getting a fair shake of the stick with outdated hardware, software, and an app library that makes me weep.
    03-09-12 08:29 AM
    I think there a couple of factors at work -- definitely some level of targeted negativity, often including disinformation. Maybe not a grand, concerted commercial espionage, but many planted articles with a negative agenda.

And the second factor is the dysfunction of the generally degraded news media. The tech sector is hardly immune. The press hasn't handled the evolution of digital news very well and journalistic standards were an early casualty. So we get this lurid, biased coverage. Columnists, pundits and reporters can count on a hit piece to draw attention to themselves. And once a hit is posted, its easier and cheaper to pass it along rather than actually going to the bother and expense of actual research and reporting. One of the great thing about Crackberry is that they make a real effort to add unique content. Its not just a compilation of links and snarks.

The upshot of all this is we come here to read and talk about a company that is constantly being derided as a loser. No one wants to buy a laughable loser's products. The cure is for RIM to continue to innovate and to continue its transition to 21st Century advertising. Better late than never.
    +1+ well spoke!
    03-09-12 08:41 AM
    Only reason left to bash RIM is to drive corporate revenue into new/different avenues.

Security has been reduced to 'good enough' and everyone needs an app to do there job.

These are observations.
    03-09-12 08:45 AM
    Its not just about RIM, the media have had a consistant theme about all technology for a long time. The never ending theme is " all new technology is never enough and has no new "WOW" factor, lets focus on what it does'nt have vs what's new."

Any article which supports the "theme" is endlessly repeated.

Any journalist who bucks the "theme" is damned with faint praise.
    03-09-12 09:43 PM
    People are sheep.. Its better for to be wrong together than to be right... Simply because when everyone else is wrong too, your /peers can't blame you.

This happens in review/analysis of gadgets, stocks, food, accounting audits, etc
    03-09-12 11:44 PM
    Personally, I really don't think apple, Google, or Microsoft are counting RIM down and Out right now. If they are, that would be a totally stupid thing to do and means they have bad business sense. They don't want qnx phones to come out. They don't want people to buy them, or for it to succeed. They will collectively do whatever it takes to drive them to the ground before it's too late. It's called risk-assessment. They'd rather spend a little money now and play hardball than to wait and see what happens. I know I would... No company is down and out till you see that white towel waiving. Until you see that towel, you do whatever it takes to make sure your own towel stays put away.

Anyone who says the media is fair is crazy. They are the most twisted form of information for absolutely anything and everything, with the exception of maybe important news headlines.. And even then.....
    03-10-12 12:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD