I've tried searching but no real answers came up. My google maps won't connect with my GPS when I'm trying to find my location. It says "GPS temporary unavailable". I've reinstalled it and also made sure my GPS was on. Any suggestions? Please and thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 10:53 PM
    Does Blackberry maps work? I have been somewhat disappointed with the quality of the google maps on the tour. Blackberry maps performs much better. This will tell you if its the GPS or the app by seeing if it works with BB maps.
    07-23-09 10:55 PM
    07-23-09 10:57 PM
    07-24-09 08:34 PM
    Well at least I know I'm not the only one with this problem.

Thanks for the links.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 03:17 PM
    Wow...sprint seems to be having some issues. Reception and gps so far. I am sure they will get it figured out though..
    07-25-09 03:39 PM
    Yea its pretty annoying actually. The Gmaps app is one of my most used apps on this phone. Upgrading to this phone is looking more like a mistake everyday
    07-26-09 12:46 AM
    Why not use Blackberry Maps? I think it works and looks better.
    07-26-09 08:04 AM
    My blackberry Maps does not show road detail. Loks Like I am out in the middle of nowhere. Google maps works as does the sprint location SW.

BB shows location just not detail on the map. Any ideas????
    07-26-09 10:10 AM
    To me Google Maps is so much better the BBmaps, plus i think most people use it for the satt. view also. BBmaps does not provide enough detail.
    07-26-09 08:42 PM
    My Sprint Tour has had no issues with Google Maps even using Latitude.
    07-26-09 08:46 PM
    My Sprint Tour has had no issues with Google Maps even using Latitude.
    does it approximate your location less than 1000 meters?
    07-26-09 08:51 PM
    Your right, it's doing approximate but it's right on the mark. It's not doing autonomous.

I can tell you that google had a big problem with there app pounding PDE servers of different carriers and that's why they don't use the carriers PDE for triangulation. They have there own PDE (or outsourced) that they grab locations from. So i would probably never count on Google Maps working good unless the fix Google Maps to ping the server once then go autonomous.
    07-26-09 08:58 PM
    If this is a problem on Google's end, why does GPS work for BMaps on Verizion?
    07-29-09 05:18 PM
    This is strange. I have the VZW Tour. For the first time, I can say that GPS works with most 3rd party apps I've tried, including Google Maps. On my previous Blackberry, an 8330, GPS worked ONLY with VZNavigator until late last year, when VZW finally unlocked it--then it only worked with BBMaps.

I hope you find a solution.
    07-29-09 05:25 PM
    Wow...sprint seems to be having some issues. Reception and gps so far. I am sure they will get it figured out though..
    Its not Sprint is the google maps app
    07-29-09 05:36 PM
    Its not Sprint is the google maps app
    Why? How does Gmaps know the difference between a Sprint-Tour GPS and a VZW-Tour GPS?

Thanks.
    07-29-09 05:38 PM
    Why? How does Gmaps know the difference between a Sprint-Tour GPS and a VZW-Tour GPS?

Thanks.
    I don't know if it does but i know i've read that people on verizon had the same issue where it would only triangulate the position and not use gps.. My curve 8330m didn't work either
    07-29-09 05:46 PM
    [QUOTE=anti_rice;3147850]I've tried searching but no real answers came up. My google maps won't connect with my GPS when I'm trying to find my location. It says "GPS temporary unavailable". I've reinstalled it and also made sure my GPS was on. Any suggestions? Please and thanks.

I just installed Google Maps today. Did you get the mobile version? Mine works great. love the satellite mode..it must be fairly recent..I can see our new deck standing out.
    07-29-09 06:12 PM
    Blackberry maps is kind of cheesy. I threw it in the junk folder and got Google Maps.
    07-29-09 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD