On lattitude when I look at my location on lattitude it doesn't show me where I actually am. It shows me somwhere a3ound where I am but not actuallt where I am. I am with Verizon and I have a 8330 curve. I don't understand why if I have gps it won't show my correct location. Can I get some help?
    03-27-09 11:08 AM
    are you indoor or outdoor?
    03-27-09 11:13 AM
    On lattitude when I look at my location on lattitude it doesn't show me where I actually am. It shows me somwhere a3ound where I am but not actuallt where I am. I am with Verizon and I have a 8330 curve. I don't understand why if I have gps it won't show my correct location. Can I get some help?
    Don't take this as fact but if you're inside I suspect the phone is using A-GPS rather than getting a true GPS lock.

Thats all, carry on.
    03-27-09 11:14 AM
    If you don't have a gps lock on the satellites, you'll have triangulation from the cell phone masts, giving your location to within a mile or two only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 11:15 AM
    Go outside it should find you within 3m. ALSO if you have Google Maps from 3 weeks ago you can uninstall and then install the new one. I think it came out a couple weeks ago.
    03-27-09 11:16 AM
    Doesn't matter indoor or outdoor and when I say off I am talking like over a mile off...
    03-27-09 11:18 AM
    I have a Storm, and when I have google maps open, it will show my location fairly accurately on Lattitude. I fI exit google maps, and select continue to share, my location goes to a triangulated tower circle, I think maybe google maps can only actually access the GPS when you have it open to send the data, and when you close it and continue to share, it uses the cell towers.

Also, like me, you are on Verizon, and they love to lock down GPS functionality unless you pay for VZNav :-(

Just my $0.02
    03-27-09 11:23 AM
    I believe the Storm is the only BB who's GPS is unlocked with Verizon. Curve users don't get the GPS functionality from 3rd Party Apps, so GoogleMaps only gets the Cell-Site location.
    03-27-09 11:49 AM
    So basically it is always going to give my wrong location because gpd is no unlocked with every phone except the storm...
    03-27-09 12:00 PM
    Pretty much. VZW and ATT love to lock standard features on their phones to force you to pay extra money for their software.
    03-27-09 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD