I recently downloaded google maps foe my storm and every time I click my location it says my gps is unavailable. Now my friend has it for his bold and when he clicked my location it works. Is this because the gps on the storm is locked to google maps?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 04:17 PM
    Did you enable gps location in options? Google maps finds me easy enough..

05-08-09 04:22 PM
    yeah I'm getting the same problem as well.
    05-08-09 04:32 PM
    Make sure under options>advanced options>Gps you have location on and location aiding enabled.

05-08-09 04:39 PM
    I have that setup properly. I just created my Longitiude account and verfied my # but still saying the same thing.
    05-08-09 04:56 PM
    I have that setup properly. I just created my Longitiude account and verfied my # but still saying the same thing.
    hmm, sorry, then i have no idea..it's working on my storm. perhaps delete and reinstall the app?
    05-08-09 05:27 PM
    I thought that the google gps did not work on the 9530 ?
    05-08-09 05:44 PM
    For those wondering.... Google Maps does NOT work for Bell & Telus BB Storm users.
    05-08-09 05:49 PM
    Yep, known issue for us Canadians...Google put a fix in for Verizon/US clients a couple of months back, but not for us up North
    05-08-09 05:52 PM
    Yep, known issue for us Canadians...Google put a fix in for Verizon/US clients a couple of months back, but not for us up North
    ahh..and the irony is there are a lot more places to get lost up there
    05-08-09 06:07 PM
    I thought that the google gps did not work on the 9530 ?
    it works fine on my 9530 had to enable GPS. it works great. and i love street view.
    05-08-09 06:41 PM
    this is a Very common issue Among Telus/Bell users i too Use Telus and its is a FACT that Due to Contract Regulations that Telus/Bell have with RIM only BB maps will enable GPS NOT google maps. it is a Service Provider Iusse, and not a Phone issue.
    All Verison users (GSM) compare their phones to telus/bell (CDMA) users and because they are on a different signal all together its just not a valid way to compare phone to phone

So the final word is, It is a Telus/Bell Contract issue, there is nothing wrong with your setting or phone, Telus/Bell limit GPS to BlackBerry maps only.
    05-08-09 07:04 PM
    There was that workaround posted a while back that I've been able to get to work every now and then. It involved running google maps, keeping it running in the background, and then toggling your mobile network settings back and forth between global and gms a few times.
    05-08-09 07:11 PM
    I was doing some reading on googles mobile help site and it said that it is still in its beta version and that it uses the cell phone broadcast towers to approximate your location. Well I was exeriencing the same issue earlier and then I left out of work to go to lunch and pulled up in the parking lot and checked it agian and that time it found me within 40m. Now that I'm back in from work it gave me the same error. Your current location is temporarly unavalible. Waiting for gps. Could be just not enough signal to locate.

Just my 2 cents.
    05-08-09 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD