Does Google Maps work on the BB Curve? And does it cost to use?

Also, is VZ Navigator the only GPS app you can use with your BB? If not, what is the best one and how much?
    04-11-09 07:48 PM
    Yeah it does and no it's free I think as long as you have a free internet/contract plan from your phone provider.
    04-11-09 07:53 PM
    Bb maps is the only gps app you can use that will actually locate you with gps accuracy on verizon. Otherwise apps like google maps will only locate you with cell tower signals. Verizon locks 3rd part gps apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 08:30 PM
    Bb maps is the only gps app you can use that will actually locate you with gps accuracy on verizon. Otherwise apps like google maps will only locate you with cell tower signals. Verizon locks 3rd part gps apps.

BB maps AND VZNavigator.

And yes, Google maps will show your location pretty well removed from where it's supposed to be....
    04-11-09 08:56 PM
    Google maps uses GPS if your phone has it. On 8310 it does.

04-11-09 11:24 PM
    It works on my 8310, and actually works really well. Maybe I am one of the lucky ones, but I have had great luck with it and love the app.

HTH

Good luck!
    04-12-09 01:28 AM

On the Verizon network as well?

Hmm.... didn't know that.

Google maps always shows my present location WAY off, whereas BB maps and VZNavigator are pretty much spot on. I always thought it had something to do with VerizonWireless blocking some applications.

Must look into this.

EDIT:
    Ah... I see the last 2 posters, who say it works well for them, are actually NOT on the Verizon Wireless network! The OP is with Verizon, and although this application may work well with other networks, it appears to be limited when using it on the Verizon network with this phone.
    Last edited by stubbornswiss; 04-12-09 at 10:14 AM.
    04-12-09 10:08 AM
    Verizon locks 3rd part gps apps.
    Not on the Storm!
    04-12-09 10:11 AM
    yeah, i used Google Maps on my Curve when i was in DC the last 2 weeks. Worked very well trying to navigate around & get directions. Especially for a crowded place like DC during the Cherry Blossom festival, walking directions were a plus
    04-12-09 11:53 AM
    Doesn't work on the Verizon Curve, currently.
    04-12-09 03:26 PM
    lol verizon yayyyy

google maps work VERY well, as logn as your carrier allows it. VZW does not
    04-12-09 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD