Ok I downloaded Google maps and all of that went ok but when it tries to find my location it says its unavailable. Anyone know why it cant find me??

Thanks,
    Laurie
    09-14-08 01:03 PM
    Options , advanced then gps and location should be on for gps to work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-08 04:17 PM
    With Alltel, you have to subscribe to, download, and run TeleNav just once. You can then cancel your subscription, and third party apps will work with the internal GPS. It's a known work-around for the Alltel GPS.
    09-15-08 04:38 PM
    By that same token, I'm curious: is TeleNav worth using over Google Maps?
    09-16-08 08:46 PM
    With Alltel, you have to subscribe to, download, and run TeleNav just once. You can then cancel your subscription, and third party apps will work with the internal GPS. It's a known work-around for the Alltel GPS.
    I wonder why its so easy with Alltel and yet so complicated with Verizon? They're pretty much the same device and Damn near the same provider......
    09-18-08 05:11 PM
    It's just up to the carrier. Verizon does not intend for you to use the internal GPS with any 3rd party apps and enforces their intent. Alltel apparently does not care. It remains to be seen which policy will be in effect when Verizon takes over Alltel.

09-18-08 06:29 PM
    If you do this, just make sure you call alltel to cancel. The cancel in TeleNav does not work. Plus even knowing it says you have a 30day free trial, you'll have a charge and you next bill if you don't call in and cancel
    09-19-08 05:40 AM
    I couldnt stand telenav, it worked about 65% of the time I needed it to work... not worth the 9.99 a month
    09-28-08 08:05 PM
    Well I've found that BM has been the most reliable for me and its on your phone. I've tried many others and BM has got me where I needed to go.

09-28-08 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD