Is anyone willing to send or able to tell me a way to download the new version of Google Maps 2.0.2 without using your phones data connection?

I want to test some things on my Curve and since I don't have a data plan I cannot download them OTA.

I tried to download the ALX offered on the Google site, but it is version 2.0 and it locks up my Curve when it tries to launch.

I would appreciate any suggestions for getting it onto my phone.

Thanks
    02-02-08 12:41 AM
    Google Maps uses information from the internet. You won't be able to access any map data without a data plan.
    02-02-08 01:01 AM
    I understand that, but I wanted it for testing out some theories

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-08 06:25 PM
    How can you test theories, if the program you are trying to get will not even function correctly, if you are able to get it on your phone?
    02-03-08 08:44 AM
    So if you do not have a data plan google maps will not work??

What about BB maps? Will that work without a data plan???

My BB map is Blank when I open it. In the menu under options data downloaded is 0.0kbs

But the BB service rep told me as long as I'm connected to the internet it should work.
    02-13-08 04:50 PM
    Exactly! Without a data plan neither BB maps or Google maps will work. BB maps uses the internal GPS to calculate your position and the data to download the map.
    02-14-08 02:05 PM
    Exactly! Without a data plan neither BB maps or Google maps will work. BB maps uses the internal GPS to calculate your position and the data to download the map.
    Not true for Google Maps. The app has to download data from the google servers. Google even suggests that you have an unlimited data plan because it uses tons of data.
    02-14-08 02:17 PM
    yea i have heard about people that signed up for the Google map feature but used or went over their usage for the month real quick.
    02-18-08 10:12 AM
    and what about Wi Fi conection, will the maps work or not? I'm asking becouse I'm even not able to open the google map aplication.
    02-25-08 02:16 PM
    yea i have heard about people that signed up for the Google map feature but used or went over their usage for the month real quick.
    Yep,on some locations the data download is enermous.Especially when you use the Sat views ( the biggest DL I saw on mine as 2500 Kb Data DL to update the map)
    :d
    02-25-08 11:07 PM
    i do have a data plan, but it isn't unlimited at all. does this application download map data the whole time or just for searches and route information. if it does download maps the whole time, is there a way to turn that off?
    11-10-10 04:51 PM
    You do realize this thread is almost 3 years old and Google Maps is now at version 4.4?

Anyway, the Google Maps will download data for searches, for directions/routes, and to show the maps/satellite views. If you turn off data, then there would be no point in using the app since there wouldn't be a map to see.

The only caveat to that is if you started up on wifi and then didn't move out of the map view that was cached on the phone, but that wouldn't be particularly useful.

Most of the map apps for Blackberry require the maps to be downloaded on the go (vs. pre-installed).
    11-10-10 07:57 PM
    You do realize this thread is almost 3 years old and Google Maps is now at version 4.4?
    ...or even 4.5.1
    11-13-10 07:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD