Okay. Just want to know what you guys think.

I tried both BB map and Google Map and yes, both are great! however, I really feel that I would just want to stick to one instead of 2 which is eating up memory.

What do you think is the best? Seriously having a tough time choosing >.>

For me,BB map loads up slow (this morning) but I like the layout. Google map never fails me generally but at times, it take sometime to find my location. Suggestions maybe?
    12-08-10 09:54 PM
    I use both apps. They are quite different, and complement each other. BBMaps is more of a navigation tool. It has the option to have maps rotate to show direction of travel up (Track up) or North up. It also has a dashboard that shows you your speed and the number of satellites being tracked. On the con side, its maps just don't look as nice as Google's and are not as detailed.

Google Maps is a more general-purpose mapping application. Its weaknesses are the opposites of BBMap's strengths: its maps are fixed North up and don't rotate, and it has no dashboard to show you your speed or the number of satellites being tracked. On the plus side, it has beautiful maps and a host of features that BBMaps does not: Street View, which shows an eye-level view of many street locations; Latitude, which lets you share your location with friends in real time, and public transit locations, such as the location of Metro stops in the Washington, DC area. And finally, Google Maps can approximate your location using only cell towers if you don't have a clear view of the sky. It's not as accurate as GPS, of course, but it's useful.

Bottom line, there's no reason not to keep both.
    12-08-10 10:02 PM
    each application has its advantages and disadvantages

01-13-11 06:53 PM
    I use both apps. They are quite different, and complement each other. BBMaps is more of a navigation tool. It has the option to have maps rotate to show direction of travel up (Track up) or North up. It also has a dashboard that shows you your speed and the number of satellites being tracked. On the con side, its maps just don't look as nice as Google's and are not as detailed.

Google Maps is a more general-purpose mapping application. Its weaknesses are the opposites of BBMap's strengths: its maps are fixed North up and don't rotate, and it has no dashboard to show you your speed or the number of satellites being tracked. On the plus side, it has beautiful maps and a host of features that BBMaps does not: Street View, which shows an eye-level view of many street locations; Latitude, which lets you share your location with friends in real time, and public transit locations, such as the location of Metro stops in the Washington, DC area. And finally, Google Maps can approximate your location using only cell towers if you don't have a clear view of the sky. It's not as accurate as GPS, of course, but it's useful.

Very well said Jeff.

BB Maps gives you directions as well, anywhere you are in the world.

Google maps can only give you directions in certain areas and is not very good at that.

Howeve,r Google maps are way too detailed and more accurate than BB maps. I use both
    01-14-11 01:53 AM

Let's not forget:Satellite View. While some of the Satellite imagery is dated, in many cases being able to get a bird's eye view has saved my bacon. Being able to look at an area where I'm going gives me a leg up, especially when it comes to parking in an area I'm not familiar with, or even find something hidden from direct sight.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 02:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD