Much as it pains me, i think i'm going to have to switch from my hotmail account. Thanks to verizon and whatever they did with hotmail not syncing with blackberry, i am having to delete emails on my computer and on my blackberry, Kindda defeats the purpose of having a BB - so, I'm trying to decide between google and gmail, or yahoo. I also need my calendar to sync to my BB. What pros and cons do you all have to either google or yahoo, and ease of use, convenience, etc

thanks
    06-28-10 03:31 PM
    Before you just completely give up, have you tried resending your Service Books?
    06-28-10 03:56 PM
    I don't think the syncing problem is the carrier's fault. Hotmail(from what I've read) has had a problem and so has Yahoo! recently. Look here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/yah...issues-478659/

Yes, it defeats the purpose of having a BB, I agree fully. I can't speak for google and gmail as far as syncing. I've used Yahoo! for years because it will sync my contacts & calendar with ease. But with this recent problem syncing the emails, I'm looking for something else because it has gone on far too long already. But it's difficult to change when I've used the same addresses for years and have it tied to so many things I depend on.

Let us know what you decide and how it works. Thanks.
    Last edited by shfjcs; 06-28-10 at 04:03 PM.
    06-28-10 03:57 PM
    I have both yahoo and gmail. I prefer gmail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-10 04:16 PM
    yes, i've tried resending the service books - did hours of research this morning much to my kids dismay and found more than one place (crackberry, verizon, blackberry, and others that i didn't save) that report it being a verizon problem, something to do with changing it from a MSNMSP format to a pop3 format -there is a thread of it right here on crackberry but i am not able to post it yet

i also had an old yahoo account set up for another reason, so have forwarded my hotmail to that yahoo address this afternoon, and the forwarded emails from yahoo are coming into my BB about 10 minutes faster that straight from hotmail.
    06-28-10 04:38 PM
    I'm on the gmail preference bandwagon also.
    06-28-10 05:15 PM
    Gmail, definitely.
    06-28-10 05:47 PM
    yes, i've tried resending the service books - did hours of research this morning much to my kids dismay and found more than one place (crackberry, verizon, blackberry, and others that i didn't save) that report it being a verizon problem, something to do with changing it from a MSNMSP format to a pop3 format -there is a thread of it right here on crackberry but i am not able to post it yet

i also had an old yahoo account set up for another reason, so have forwarded my hotmail to that yahoo address this afternoon, and the forwarded emails from yahoo are coming into my BB about 10 minutes faster that straight from hotmail.
    I do perfer Gmail myself, works great.

Here's what's strange to me, Verizon has no control over how the e-mail is handled on your BlackBerry, that's strictly handled by the BlackBerry Internet Service settings, so for people to report it being a VZW issue seems awfully odd. Do you have a link to the place that says this is a VZW problem?

I didn't think that Hotmail allowed for two way sync of deleted messages, then again, I haven't used Hotmail in quite a while. Back when I had it if you selected "Delete on Mailbox and Handheld" then it would delete the message from your physical inbox, but not the other way around, and that was when it was setup IMAP to get the instant delivery.
    06-29-10 07:49 AM
    i haven't posted enough, i'm not allowed to post links yet - but in the crackberry forums if you search for hotmail no longer syncs it will bring up one of the posts about it all
    06-29-10 10:41 AM
    Neither gmail or yahoo currently sync both ways for me. At one point yahoo did, and they claim it will again some day. Gmail has never synced both ways for me.
    06-29-10 11:01 AM
    Gmail just works.

06-29-10 11:43 AM
    I'm on sprint and both hotmail and gmail works fine for me. So maybe its just Verizon? When I delete my email from my blackberry, it also deleted them on my descktop PC when I check my mail.

06-29-10 03:21 PM
    Gmail for me..(was a hotmail user,which I still have and all hotmail goes to my gmail)

Robin
    06-29-10 03:27 PM
    Robin, how do you forward your hotmail email to your gmail or vice versa within the BIS? I need to know how to do this just incase one of them start having synching problem.

06-29-10 03:36 PM
    Microsuck no longer works with any networks Blackberry. Gmail is honestly the way to go.
    06-29-10 03:41 PM
    Much as it pains me, i think i'm going to have to switch from my hotmail account. Thanks to verizon and whatever they did with hotmail not syncing with blackberry, i am having to delete emails on my computer and on my blackberry, Kindda defeats the purpose of having a BB - so, I'm trying to decide between google and gmail, or yahoo. I also need my calendar to sync to my BB. What pros and cons do you all have to either google or yahoo, and ease of use, convenience, etc

thanks
    I must say Gmail are a great email service, you cant go wrong with them.
    06-29-10 04:21 PM
    I have to agree Gmail is the best. I have my gmail and yahoo! on my BB.I use mostly use gmail because I rarely have issues w/my calendar or mail syncs.
    06-29-10 05:32 PM
    Google Sync and gmail are among the most significant tech advances I've enjoyed in many years. Gmail is a solid email vehicle that allows all the customization you need. Your replies can be set to a business pop3 email address if needed and they hit your bb fast. Google sync does a flawless job of syncing both contacts and calendar data with your phone.
    06-29-10 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD