So I have finally decided to dive into using Google exclusively for email, calendar, etc. I've been having some issues all day with the syncing but I think I have finally worked out.

My biggest question is whether or not I can use *JUST* the Google mail app for my emails. I removed my google email from the message list and 'hid' that icon and was using just the google mail - however, everything is still going to the bb gmail icon, and not into my gmail app/icon.

**ALSO** second quick question, does the BB google mail app push or not? I seem to always having to be pushing refresh to get my msgs.

Thanks!

FYI - I'm running a Sprint Tour 9630 OS 5.0.0.624
    09-27-10 07:59 PM
    if you want to just use the gmail app, then delete your gmail account from your Sprint's BIS...although i don't know why you won't want to use the default mail app...
    09-27-10 08:47 PM
    I just prefer/like the format of the gmail app for the blackberry. I just wish it was push
    09-27-10 10:28 PM
    The Gmail app does "push" and sync, but it can be up to 15 minutes delay. You can get immediate results by choosing Refresh from the Gmail apps menu on your BB. Using the Gmail app gives you the ability to use stars, labels and have a similar look and feel to the web based version. What it doesn't give you is html views and the ability to attach files. For some the Gmail app is the only option if their mail server has POP3 and IMAP disabled.
    09-28-10 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD