I am currently using google calendar sync with my main google account. My girlfriend has shared her calendar which appears on my main google calendar online but it does not appear on the blackberry.

Is there a way to view her shared calendar on my blackberry? I don't want to add her email account because then I would receive all her email. I just want the shared calendar.

Thanks!
    08-14-08 05:29 PM
    From the google sync app on your BB, have you made sure her calendar is checked in the options to sync?
    08-14-08 05:34 PM
    The only options under 'Sync these Calendars' is 'default calendar'
    08-14-08 05:42 PM
    Are you able to highlight "default calendar" and then click the menu button? If so, choose "Change Option" and you should see your girlfriend's calendar as well. Put a check next to it and save.

Of course, this is assuming you haven't already tried this...
    08-14-08 10:12 PM
    Nope, default calendar is still the only option.
    08-15-08 03:23 PM
    Sorry you're still having issues. When my wife and I set things up, it worked like a charm.. Hmm... Does your g/f have you set to the right viewing/sharing options from her PC google calendar?

(taking miscellaneous stabs in the dark, hoping something works for you)
    08-15-08 03:25 PM
    I can view her calendar on my calendar on the PC so I think the sharing options are correct.
    08-15-08 04:52 PM
    I was reading a post in a different forum and they think that the current version of google sync 0.4.4, does not allow for multiple google calendars to sync through the main account.

The previous version 0.4.2 allowed the multiple calendars to sync. I am curious as to how many of you can sync multiple calendars. If you have his ability, do not update google sync until this is corrected.
    08-15-08 06:01 PM
    Ah. Good spot. I checked - I do have 0.4.2 - maybe that's the root of all the issues. Good luck.
    08-15-08 07:21 PM
    Ah. Good spot. I checked - I do have 0.4.2 - maybe that's the root of all the issues. Good luck.
    You're one of the lucky ones.

Lots of unhappy people over here.

Discussions - Google Mobile on BlackBerry devices | Google Groups
    Last edited by frfghtr; 08-15-08 at 07:52 PM.
    08-15-08 07:36 PM
    Is there a way to download version 0.4.2? If anyone has a link, please post it.
    08-15-08 07:46 PM
    Try this link:
    Google Sync for the BlackBerry - Page 5 - PinStack.com - BlackBerry forums

The link to the file is in the first post at the top of the page. I tried going to the mobile site listed but it said the page couldn't be found. If you click on the link however, you are able to download the .jad file. I assume this is 0.4.2 but since I didn't install it I have no way of knowing for sure.

Good luck.
    08-15-08 10:17 PM
    Yes, this is 0.4.2. I am trying it now....
    08-15-08 10:51 PM
    Wow, even with v0.4.2, I can only select "default calendar" and I still cannot see my girlfriends calendar entries.

I am all out of ideas.
    08-15-08 11:07 PM
    Apparently Google is aware of the issue...

Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 16:08:40 -0700 (PDT)
    Local: Fri, Aug 15 2008 4:08 pm
    Subject: Re: Can't Sync Multiple Calendars

Hello Sync users,

We are indeed aware of and working on this issue -- no 5-week vacation
    for us.

There are a few threads out there bringing up this issue, so I will
    post any updates to this thread, as soon as I have more info for you.

Thanks for you patience!
    Bret
    groups.google.com/group/google-mobile-help-blackberry/browse_thread/thread/16e1ea37100c1b86#
    08-16-08 01:00 AM
    what i dont understand is why i used to have 0.4.4 version and used to work just fine, it would sync all my calendars, then i made the mistake of deleting it and downloading it again, and the nightmare started. Now even i downloaded the same version i had before (the one that still worked just fine) i cant sync all my calendars. I am ready to give google a piece of my mind.
    08-16-08 01:22 AM
    It's probably a problem with Google's services. Perhaps on their system the code was cached until you did something to get new code. But really, who knows. A google of 0's and 1's and one of them being out of place.
    08-16-08 01:26 AM
    It's probably a problem with Google's services. Perhaps on their system the code was cached until you did something to get new code. But really, who knows. A google of 0's and 1's and one of them being out of place.
    you are right, but you'd figure that they are smart enough right? :P
    08-16-08 01:33 AM
    Thank you Rodrigo for helping me on this yesterday. But now I feel bad that your calendar is not working because you tried to reinstall it. Sorry man! I hope Google gets this fixed soon. It looks like they are working on it.

There is always yahoo.....
    08-16-08 10:40 AM
    Great news! Google has put version 0.4.6 that fixes the "Default Calendar" issue. I uninstalled my 0.4.4 and reboot. Then went to m.google.com and installed Google Sync 0.4.6 and now all of my calendars show up for selection.
    08-20-08 12:00 PM
    I had deleted mine, but now can't get the download. I am thinking this is because I cancelled my blackberry internet subscription and use the wifi now. When I try to access it it says that my phone does not support Sync. I know this is not true. Is there a link to download all the files for it with the desktop manager? I tried the link earlier and that gave me a file it said was not supported.
    08-22-08 02:34 PM
    Great news! Google has put version 0.4.6 that fixes the "Default Calendar" issue. I uninstalled my 0.4.4 and reboot. Then went to m.google.com and installed Google Sync 0.4.6 and now all of my calendars show up for selection.

Downloading 4.6 right now. Hope they fixed the problem.

Everything seems back to normal.

Maybe a Mod can put all these threads together.
    Last edited by frfghtr; 08-22-08 at 03:12 PM.
    08-22-08 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD