Why does the following happen?

I add an even to my BB for an appointment in August 2009. I sync it with Google Cal, it appears both in my calendar on my phone and online. Then, it mysteriously disappears from my phone - but remains online.

I know if you add an event online only it may not sync if it is too far in the future (24 weeks or whatever its set at) - so I see how appointments made online far in the future wont appear on my device -- but if I make something on my device thensync it, and it happens to be too far in the future -- why would it delete from my BB???

***UPDATE: Actually, Even events I add for this weekend (added from BB) are transfered to my Google Calendar online only and gone off my BB...

help please = (

This problem just started recently after I ditched the pearl for a Bold.
    01-10-09 08:16 PM
    Figured it out. If an event is not within the timeframe to sync (24 weeks in my case), then Google calendar REMOVES them from your phone to conserve memory....

This is a major flaw in Google calendar. What if I'm looking at my BB calendar and plan a trip in 25 weeks from now, or something like that -- only later to find (once sync occurs) there is a conflict??
    01-10-09 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD