Is anybody currently using this app on your BB for multi factor authentication for gmail accounts? If so I have a couple of questions to ask:

1) Using 2-way authentication for gmail requires OTPs for other applications like Outlook etc. That's all fine and dandy, but will it mess up push mail for BIS users?

2) Not really related, but I just changed my gmail password on my mac, but BIS was still able to push an e-mail to my device after the password was changed (not on my Blackberry though). What gives?
    12-01-11 10:27 AM
    i had 2-way turned on for a week then shut if off just got annoying authenticating every couple of days. i had to create a "special" pass for my bb and entered that in bis.
    it's fine if that's all you use it for but i also have gmail and chrome sync at work and home.
    12-01-11 03:41 PM
    I use it and it's great. For devices/services that do not support two-factor authentication (everything that isn't browser-based basically), you just generate separate static passwords. For logging in to your Google accounts/services using browsers, you just use your Crackberry to generate the one-time code and as long as you don't clear the cookies (or every 30 days) - you will not need to re-enter it.

The best part is - should someone ever steal/guess/bruteforce/sniff/keylog your password - they will still be unable to access your Google services without having access to your spartphone.
    hornlovah likes this.
    04-16-12 08:27 PM
    Works great for me too, and I use it with Gmail, Lastpass, and third party app for Google Reader. Be careful if you use Google Play's Music Manager on a shared computer though. Someone else can access your GMail account by simply starting this application, but the application specific credentials can be issued and revoked in a matter of seconds.
    04-16-12 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD