Hello,

For the past two or so months, I've been almost unable to use my Blackberry Google app (I have version 3.9.9). When I submit a search request on this app, I get one of the following three results:

A) A partially-loaded search page (maybe with the first few letters of the first Google link -- rarely more than that)

B) A "dead" page (no results at all)

C) very rarely, I get a page with multiple, clickable results

I tried downloading and reinstalling the Google app, but it didn't change anything.

There have probably been threads about this by now, but can anyone confirm whether Google has completely abandoned its Blackberry app? Or is there another reason why the app might have stopped working on my BB?

Thanks
    06-17-12 05:34 PM
    works fine on my 9930 but i ditched it for Telenav got to have my turn by turn.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-17-12 05:42 PM
    I just went to use it the other day, and the app offered an upgrade, taking it to 4.5.3, which finally has touchscreen support. It's working great on my 9850.
    Of course being as this is a Google app, the updated version wants permission to access personal information, but you can deny that access and the app works just fine.
    06-17-12 05:51 PM
    Im confused, which Goolge app are you talking about? The Google search app?

If so, I've downloaded the Google Search app, but it keeps disappearing days later. Its weird.

If your talking about Google Maps, I definitely suggest Telenav instead. Its 1000000x better.
    06-18-12 12:00 PM
    Lolololol!!!
    I'm such an .
    I did mean google maps, but with the update, it really is much better.
    I just like google maps though, although I'm sure you're right about telenav being better.
    What is the google search app?
    I've got Quick Search with Google, but this is obviously not what you're talking about.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    06-18-12 04:15 PM
    the quick search with google is a rim app, and works well for me.
    It is at version 1.0.0.36

06-18-12 04:18 PM
    Lolololol!!!
    I'm such an .
    I did mean google maps, but with the update, it really is much better.
    I just like google maps though, although I'm sure you're right about telenav being better.
    What is the google search app?
    I've got Quick Search with Google, but this is obviously not what you're talking about.

The Google Search app is made google. I like the way it looks, but it always seems to disappear. I've downloaded it from google.com/apps on my phone

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-18-12 04:56 PM
    My goodness, why can't RIM fix this already?!?!?!

[/sarcasm]

If there's an issue with a Google app, I can't imagine that the developer of a competing OS would ever intentionally (or negligently) hinder the operability of the app on their competitor's platform.

Sorry, I'm a bit jaded.
    06-18-12 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD