Withdrawn unable to delete
    Last edited by jrohland; 03-27-12 at 05:58 AM.
    03-12-12 06:47 AM
    Yeap. Using it already before upgrading to 7.1 but the new 7.1 OS does not have the authenticator software in app world...
    03-12-12 11:42 AM
    Yeap. Using it already before upgrading to 7.1 but the new 7.1 OS does not have the authenticator software in app world...
    It's not in AppWorld. You have to go to the Google site linked in the original post.
    03-12-12 02:41 PM
    I seem to use the app mostly hen logging into my Google account from another computer. I'm not aware of any apps that use the 2-step process - I usually have to generate an app-specific password, which has to be done from a computer, as far as I can tell.

An annoyance I have with this is that whenever I upgrade the BB OS and reinstall the apps, I have to shut off two-step on Google and re-do my app-specific passwords.
    03-12-12 02:44 PM
    Too many passwords. 123abc works just fine for everything.

I really, really hate the tyranny of passwords.
    03-12-12 06:02 PM
    I'm not sure why you need to shut off the 2-step when you need an app PW. Just revoke it and create a new PW. That is why I created a seperate app PW for each app on my BB.
    To be clear, it's not when I create a new password that I need to re-init 2-step. It's when I got a new BlackBerry, or when I format it and install a newer OS, and need to install my apps including the authenticator. Part of that setup process requires disabling 2-step on my Google account and setting it up again, and generating new app-specific passwords.
    03-12-12 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD