so, i had the palm pre for 2 weeks before returning it this weekend.
    god...i forgot how much i missed my curve

the only thing now, is that the curve operating system seems very slow and outdated compared to the pre. but that thing felt like it was going to fall apart in my hands!

anyone else switch to another phone and then back to a blackberry?
    07-06-09 03:26 PM
    You should have waited a couple more days and got you a Tour.
    07-06-09 03:28 PM
    yeah the tour is pretty nice
    07-06-09 03:38 PM
    There are many threads by folks that have returned, especially from iPhone and G1. More are returning from the Pre in droves. So you got the Cadillac engine in the Yugo? Went like he!! but the parts started flying off of it. they went through all of that for a major fail.

Well, welcome back to the Curve. Ain't fancy, but it works!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 03:54 PM
    Wow!

This is interesting...G1 has the potential to be
    a great phone with its open apps, iphone is
    the most innovative touch screen to date,
    the pre had an impressive show at WES.

Wonder if blackberry and its ultimate messaging
    device is the reason many users have rerturned.

Definetly something to be proud of!

07-06-09 04:02 PM
    I struggled with my 9500 thru all the usual problems and at one point tried to escape to an earlier BB. Now I've found .151 and am glad I stuck it out, great piece of kit that I'd hate to be without!
    07-06-09 04:36 PM
    so, i had the palm pre for 2 weeks before returning it this weekend.
    god...i forgot how much i missed my curve

the only thing now, is that the curve operating system seems very slow and outdated compared to the pre. but that thing felt like it was going to fall apart in my hands!

anyone else switch to another phone and then back to a blackberry?
    What were your impressions of typing on the Pre? From my limited time with the store model, it seemed much harder to type on, with harder key presses required, smaller keys, more cramped than my curve, and the edge around the bottom interfered with typing the keys on the edge.
    07-06-09 04:40 PM
    Wow some of you are really spoiled coming from Curves and what not. I won't lie and say that typing is largely superior to the keyboard on the Pre. But I will say that the Pre's keyboard isn't horrible in anyway, if one devoted themselves to really try it out, they'd see typing is not that bad on it. I play with my brother's Pre all the time and it truly is a remarkable device even more so that the iPhone.

07-06-09 05:35 PM
    I won't lie and say that the keyboard on the Pre is superior to the Curve* oops, lol...

07-06-09 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD