Or it was a suicide note?

Goodbye letter from "Messenger" - Facebook-img_20161201_190631.jpg
    Last edited by iHadLastBB; 12-01-16 at 12:11 PM.
    12-01-16 11:53 AM
    Suicide?

No it just the notification that it doesn't work... we got warnings about this almost a year ago. Just took FaceBook this long to start implementing their changes that will weed out those apps that used the old API that FaceBook said they no longer were supporting.
    12-01-16 12:28 PM
    I'm not a Facebook user and don't use this app, but I'm not sure I understand the warning. Seems a bit contradictory. Sounds like you just need to update the app, but I'm guessing that isn't the case.

Someone walk me through this. It says " we'll no longer support messaging for BlackBerry". OK, so BB10 users are screwed. However, it then says "to continue to send and receive messages from your BlackBerry device, you can use the updated version of the ... mobile apps."

So if "Messaging" is defined as "sending and receiving messages", then doesn't that imply that you just need to update the mobile app?
    12-01-16 12:53 PM
    I'm not a Facebook user and don't use this app, but I'm not sure I understand the warning. Seems a bit contradictory. Sounds like you just need to update the app, but I'm guessing that isn't the case.

Someone walk me through this. It says " we'll no longer support messaging for BlackBerry". OK, so BB10 users are screwed. However, it then says "to continue to send and receive messages from your BlackBerry device, you can use the updated version of the ... mobile apps."

So if "Messaging" is defined as "sending and receiving messages", then doesn't that imply that you just need to update the mobile app?
    "mobile app" literally means "use browser" or go **** yourself
    12-01-16 05:27 PM

The Messenger app was a standalone from the regular facebook app, which as pointed out, is a glorified web link.

So the standalone messaging app will no longer work and you will have to use messenger via the normal app
    12-02-16 06:26 AM
    I guess I'm old but at the ripe old age of 38 it seems like there's just too many messenger apps.
    12-02-16 06:47 AM
    Haha ... I agree with you donnation. I think a great app would be a "hub-like" app that consolidates all the messaging apps and it has one contact list and whatever message you send, will reach the intended recipient regardless of app (and obviously the reverse works as well and the message sent will get to you in this hub-like app). That is, this hub-like app will allow you to send, receive and respond and doesn't care which messenger you are using. It will reformat it, or modify the protocols, or whatever and get it to the app that the recipient uses. Who wants to develop that for us?

Is that even feasible? Would be a great thing but I know there are a lot of flaws in this idea and many reasons why it won't work.
    12-02-16 10:13 AM
    Is there any way around this besides using face10 messenger?
    12-02-16 10:28 AM
    Is there any way around this besides using face10 messenger?
    Download the messenger lite apk for android it works great

Posted via CB10
    12-03-16 06:49 AM