Leaving BB for an Android is fine, your choice, your phone. Most of us are even interested in hearing about what you like more about Android ... once. And civilly. It's the people who jump ship - or were never even on board - then come back here on BlackBerry-focused forums in thread after thread insisting that BlackBerries suck simply because they like their Androids better. All it takes is one mention of Android in any given thread for it to deteriorate into yet another pissing contest with the same friggn' lame-a$$ arguments. You like your Android? Great! I'm ecstatic for you. But goddammit quit throwing back in the faces of those of us who still prefer our BB's how wonderful Android is and how much BB's suck. Of course there are BB cheerleaders who are almost as bad and just throw fuel on the fire, but the way I see it they're just defending their turf. The site is called CrackBerry after all, not Fandroid.

You like yours, I like mine. STFU and move on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Dude, I knew there was a reason I liked you! Perfectly said! Saved me a few minutes of my day....lol!

03-24-11 03:54 PM
    Not everyone uses their phone for business. I use to keep in touch with family and friends, for travel, music, internet, banking.

Not sure what settings you had but my Thunderbolt went 13 hours yesterday before I had to charge.

But like I said I'm not a business user

I'm a business user and a consumer.

I also use my phone for all the things you mentioned above minus the music. My Blackberry accomplishes all those things, and it keeps me effective. It's more than battery life or keyboard - to dismiss what it does for me through my day for simply those two attributes is to dismiss a great percentage of the value that the device has to me. To me, it's a great organizational and communication tool along with effective internet, great battery life and a great keyboard. My banking, travel and organisational applications do the job perfectly well. So no - it's not just a keyboard or great battery life. It's a great device that works exceedingly well for me throughout my day with no worries about being caught without the means to communcate before I finally call it a night. My business device simply gets the job done in an efficient manner. That's what I want in a business tool.

And as far as work, as I mentioned in my experience in Los Angeles, my contractor was a lot more effective in his job when he did not have that concern of being able to do his do his job instead of looking for a power source.

People have different needs, so let's not dismiss what is important for each person.
    03-24-11 04:01 PM
    Its a shame what happened to Chrisy, lol! Oh well, life goes on.

And I can care less what phone you use, but dam if that phone don't change who you are.....least on an online forum...

03-24-11 04:26 PM
    Thanks for the support over the years!

Two more BB users joined you in leaving this past week, my wife and I. We both bought the Tour on day 1, and now split on iOS and Android. She picked up the Verizon iPhone, I got the Thunderbolt. I really had high hopes that BB would be more competitive at this point in the game.

I bet there's a big wave of Tour owners migrating, or soon to be migrating, to another OS right now. If you bought a Tour on Verizon like me when they first came out, your "new-every-two" was up mid March.

Sure, there are things I already miss - but the pros outweigh the cons and I'm getting more comfortable with Android every day.
    03-24-11 04:27 PM
    Leaving BB for an Android is fine, your choice, your phone. Most of us are even interested in hearing about what you like more about Android ... once. And civilly. It's the people who jump ship - or were never even on board - then come back here on BlackBerry-focused forums in thread after thread insisting that BlackBerries suck simply because they like their Androids better. All it takes is one mention of Android in any given thread for it to deteriorate into yet another pissing contest with the same friggn' lame-a$$ arguments. You like your Android? Great! I'm ecstatic for you. But goddammit quit throwing back in the faces of those of us who still prefer our BB's how wonderful Android is and how much BB's suck. Of course there are BB cheerleaders who are almost as bad and just throw fuel on the fire, but the way I see it they're just defending their turf. The site is called CrackBerry after all, not Fandroid.

Oh please...get over yourself.

This is a message forum last time I checked and we are allowed to express our opinions. This is a thread SPECIFICALLY about leaving BB and going to Android. Don't fricken' read it if you don't want to. No one is saying BB's suck. I never said any such thing.

You can STFU and move on. Thanks.
    03-24-11 04:59 PM

This is a message forum last time I checked and we are allowed to express our opinions. This is a thread SPECIFICALLY about leaving BB and going to Android. Don't fricken' read it if you don't want to. No one is saying BB's suck. I never said any such thing.

Its time us BB fans stick together and say kiss my arse! Found a new device, move on to another site, unless you can be a contributing member instead of a bias Android/iPhone fan, which are a needle in a haystack....

03-24-11 07:46 PM
    I moved to Android for a while, Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant. I could never trust the battery life, this makes it unusable as a tool.
    Can someone PLEASE explain to me how the **** this is bad battery life on a Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant or any phone for that matter?

70% after 17+ hours is bad battery life?
    03-24-11 08:24 PM

Please feel free to refer to post 30 of this thread.

That's the post where a forum moderator (NOT YOU) openly invites the OP to stay.

He also did the same for me when I jumped ship.

We'll listen to the mods, thanks. I will still try to help where I can, I stay up to date to fix my mom and sisters BB's when they act up. However, when I see anyone posting misguided 'facts' about Android to make them look bad in comparison to a BB, I will correct them.

So, when you become a mod, let us know. Then you can go around ordering other users off the board. Users who in some cases, like me, have been here for years.
    03-24-11 08:35 PM
    and another person leaves BB for another platform, it's a sign of the times.

What's that I think I hear? BB's latest and greatest device??? No that's just crickets!
    03-24-11 08:39 PM
    Yes, every poster who leaves a platform shows that the platform has impending doom.
    03-24-11 08:43 PM

Didn't mean you specifically saying they suck, but there are plenty others who do. This is also a BlackBerry forum, and it would be nice if some people showed just a little more consideration for the people who are here because they own and use BlackBerry phones. I ride a Honda motorcycle; how well do you think it would go over if I joined a Harley message board just to school them on why Honda is so much better? It's the same thing, except that those guys get just a little more pi$$ed off.

Please feel free to refer to post 30 of this thread.

That's the post where a forum moderator (NOT YOU) openly invites the OP to stay.

He also did the same for me when I jumped ship.

We'll listen to the mods, thanks. I will still try to help where I can, I stay up to date to fix my mom and sisters BB's when they act up. However, when I see anyone posting misguided 'facts' about Android to make them look bad in comparison to a BB, I will correct them.

So, when you become a mod, let us know. Then you can go around ordering other users off the board. Users who in some cases, like me, have been here for years.
    Read my post -- I didn't tell anybody to leave. I DID say that most of us do want to hear why you prefer what you do over BB. I especially want to hear about what fresh defectors think about their new toys. That's why I pop into these threads, because yes, the whole idea of these forums is to share ideas. Maybe I'll see one that gets me to thinking I might find something else that's more useful to me than my BB is. I'm not married to it, and if there's something out there that's going to do what I need better than my BB does, I want to know about it. But so far, all the reasons I've heard from all of you who have jumped ship are not important to me. They're important to you, I understand it, I get it. Faster browser - mine's fast enough for the browsing I do. Bigger display - I don't want to carry around anything any bigger than what I've got. Better games - I don't care, I outgrew most games about 20 years ago; I didn't buy my phone for games. 18 billion more apps - the few thousand apps for BB are already more than I need. Most of those that I have installed I hardly ever use. And it's not because they suck, it's because I just don't need to use them, so a platform with 300,000 apps is not important to me. You need a phone that does everything? Great. I don't.

Again, I have no problem with the OP, I have no problem with you. What I and many others have a problem with is hearing how much Android does everything so much better than BB. That's pure fanboy bullsh!t. And as much as people think they have a right to come in here and spew it thread after thread, day after day, I have a right to tell them I'm tired of hearing about it. You want to inform me of something meaningful or intelligently discuss what is so much more useful about your phone, I'm all ears. But you want to preach to me again and again about what a piece of crap my phone is, how RIM is going down the toilet, how the PlayBook is late, how RIM's market share is falling, how they have no new phones, how BB's technology is 80 years old, how they're just glorified feature phones, how the browser is too slow, how they have no apps, and my favorite, how RIM is only making money selling cheap crap to 'third-world countries', stop wasting my friggin' time.
    Fatoomah likes this.
    03-24-11 09:33 PM
    So i just was bored and wanted to check back on my people here at crackberry....and i came back to this! Geeeeezzzz, everyone calm down and just remember that all comparisons are opinions for the most part. Thank you to everyone who remembered that i made this thread to tell everyone that i have moved to android from blackberry.

Now my opinions....

Battery Life - I have had NO issues with battery life. I use my android alot more than i ever used my BB. When i get home at night, yes...my BB would of had more battery left. Look at my example though...
    EX. Blackberry 40% left
    Android 30% left
    Not much difference to care about. Plus you don't have to make sure you close the apps when your done with them. (BTW android users, You don't need an app killer if you have OS 2.2 )

Available Apps - I don't know how this next statement can even be an opinion but here it goes. Blackberry doesn't have 1/4th the apps android does. Not even close. Plus on android, any app you really need/want is free. I don't know about any of you but in my opinion, you just cant beat free lol.

Convenience - As far as opening apps, going screen to screen, keyboard, or what have you. Access to anything is much much quicker on android. The on screen keyboard (the android i have) is very easy to use and i adjusted quickly to it. Swype is great and very useful.

E-Mail - Ok so one advantage to having a blackberry is the almost instant email syncing. Now here's my question to those who worry about getting email very quickly (cause android takes every 5 mins)....If someone needs to get ahold of you instantly cause its really important or whatever...why wouldn't they just call you? Just a thought.

To Qbnkelt, So whoever you were working with may have had an outdated android or whatever. I can not judge any other android device except my own, i can only assume that they are all pretty similar. Now as far as business tool, I would like to know what you mean. If your talking apps, then i promise you that android will have every app that blackberry has, plus you'll find apps that you could use that you didn't know existed. If you haven't used an android before, i suggest you go to your provider and get one, from there try it within the first 30 days and if you don't think it blows Blackberry away, then take it back to your provider and say it's not what you wanted (my provider allows this).

I believe i read a couple posts asking me which android i got, i now am the proud owner of the Optimus S. The fact that this is a "lower end" android and it's this amazing, i can't wait until i can upgrade to the "higher end" android.

Since there was so many posts on here, i will be checking back regularly. If there's anymore question or i any questions i missed, just let me know.

Also thanks to the moderator who invited me to comeback and chit chat with everyone still.

Thanks and have a good day.
    Last edited by jayman216; 03-24-11 at 11:13 PM.
    03-24-11 11:01 PM
    So i just was bored and wanted to check back on my people here at crackberry....and i came back to this! Geeeeezzzz, everyone calm down and just remember that all comparisons are opinions for the most part. Thank you to everyone who remembered that i made this thread to tell everyone that i have moved to android from blackberry.

Now my opinions....

Battery Life - I have had NO issues with battery life. I use my android alot more than i ever used my BB. When i get home at night, yes...my BB would of had more battery left. Look at my example though...
    EX. Blackberry 40% left
    Android 30% left
    Not much difference to care about. Plus you don't have to make sure you close the apps when your done with them. (BTW android users, You don't need an app killer if you have OS 2.2 )

Available Apps - I don't know how this next statement can even be an opinion but here it goes. Blackberry doesn't have 1/4th the apps android does. Not even close. Plus on android, any app you really need/want is free. I don't know about any of you but in my opinion, you just cant beat free lol.

Convenience - As far as opening apps, going screen to screen, keyboard, or what have you. Access to anything is much much quicker on android. The on screen keyboard (the android i have) is very easy to use and i adjusted quickly to it. Swype is great and very useful.

E-Mail - Ok so one advantage to having a blackberry is the almost instant email syncing. Now here's my question to those who worry about getting email very quickly (cause android takes every 5 mins)....If someone needs to get ahold of you instantly cause its really important or whatever...why wouldn't they just call you? Just a thought.

To Qbnkelt, So whoever you were working with may have had an outdated android or whatever. I can not judge any other android device except my own, i can only assume that they are all pretty similar. Now as far as business tool, I would like to know what you mean. If your talking apps, then i promise you that android will have every app that blackberry has, plus you'll find apps that you could use that you didn't know existed. If you haven't used an android before, i suggest you go to your provider and get one, from there try it within the first 30 days and if you don't think it blows Blackberry away, then take it back to your provider and say it's not what you wanted (my provider allows this).

I believe i read a couple posts asking me which android i got, i now am the proud owner of the Optimus S. The fact that this is a "lower end" android and it's this amazing, i can't wait until i can upgrade to the "higher end" android.

Since there was so many posts on here, i will be checking back regularly. If there's anymore question or i any questions i missed, just let me know.

Also thanks to the moderator who invited me to comeback and chit chat with everyone still.

Thanks and have a good day.
    although its a low end device its still a great device! i have the evo shift and im in love...what launcher are you using? so i can expect to see your themes for it!!! lol
    03-25-11 02:29 AM
    "
    E-Mail - Ok so one advantage to having a blackberry is the almost instant email syncing. Now here's my question to those who worry about getting email very quickly (cause android takes every 5 mins)....If someone needs to get ahold of you instantly cause its really important or whatever...why wouldn't they just call you? Just a thought."

This statement is so wrong on many levels. Have you ever considered noisy environment, large amount of information to be sent where a copy and paste into an email will do it a lot quicker or simply usual business to supplier attitude: I sent you the email 5 minutes ago, why haven't you responded? Sending an email out from a meeting etc the list could go on forever
    03-25-11 02:53 AM
    "
    E-Mail - Ok so one advantage to having a blackberry is the almost instant email syncing. Now here's my question to those who worry about getting email very quickly (cause android takes every 5 mins)....If someone needs to get ahold of you instantly cause its really important or whatever...why wouldn't they just call you? Just a thought."

This statement is so wrong on many levels. Have you ever considered noisy environment, large amount of information to be sent where a copy and paste into an email will do it a lot quicker or simply usual business to supplier attitude: I sent you the email 5 minutes ago, why haven't you responded? Sending an email out from a meeting etc the list could go on forever
    in my experience email is just as good on android if not better! i will give blackberry call quality! android is a more powerful platform and thats not a fanboy statement either, its a fact! android can handle more amount of information and much faster!
    03-25-11 03:06 AM
    in my experience email is just as good on android if not better! i will give blackberry call quality! android is a more powerful platform and thats not a fanboy statement either, its a fact! android can handle more amount of information and much faster!
    Well if by email you mean gmail then yes, if you use yahoo, hotmail etc or your own email address then no.

Chrisy likes this.
    03-25-11 04:33 AM
    @jayman - my contractor's device is the same age as my Torch was before I accidentally crushed it, so it's about seven months old or thereabouts. It's newish. I don't know what it is. I do know it's a Verizon device.
    As far as my comment about my work device being simply a communication tool, I don't mean apps. I'm on a very strict IT policy and I can't modify the device in any way. I once thought I'd beaten it by being able to install The Weather Channel, then my IT guys laughed themselves silly letting me know it was already there when I'd got the phone. So...it's strictly communication, perfectly synchronised because of BES. Contacts, Calendar, e-mail, Tasks in perfect, instant sync.
    As far as trying out Android - I've tried using family members' devices and I did not like the OS at all. It kept me wishing for an iPhone. Transitions were not smooth, I didn't like how they handled mail, it did not feel anywhere as smooth as iOS. And no, I did not like them better than my BBerries. A love of Android is not universal, I did not like it. For me, for my likes and preferences, Android did not compare favourably to either iOS or BB. So having had those experiences, I feel no need nor am I keen on taking one home for 30 days. My next devices will be the Bold Touch, Torch 2, possibly Apollo, PlayBook, and iPhone 5.
    I do send you my best wishes for your device.

03-25-11 06:53 AM
    Well if by email you mean gmail then yes, if you use yahoo, hotmail etc or your own email address then no.

gmail, hotmail, yahoo and all other activesync/exchange accounts are push on android
    03-25-11 10:37 AM
    Have you ever considered noisy environment, large amount of information to be sent where a copy and paste into an email will do it a lot quicker...
    In that case, the "large amount of information" sent in an email to a blackberry would be truncated.

gmail, hotmail, yahoo and all other activesync/exchange accounts are push on android
    QFT. I have 2 yahoo accounts, a hotmail account, & a secondary gmail addy (apart from my main one) going to my phone & they all get my mail from 0-10 minutes. For the record, I'm not a business user.
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 03-25-11 at 02:13 PM.
    03-25-11 02:09 PM
    In that case, the "large amount of information" sent in an email to a blackberry would be truncated.r.
    No man, I'm talking about instructions, phone numbers, email addresses etc, much easier just to send an email. I'm not talking about an essay

03-25-11 02:16 PM
    No man, I'm talking about instructions, phone numbers, email addresses etc, much easier just to send an email. I'm not talking about an essay

I guess our ideas of large amounts of information differ. No biggie. And I'm not a "man."
    03-25-11 02:31 PM
    By the way- 0-10 minute? Well is it push or what cuz 10 minutes doesn't sound like push, I get my work email from my own email account without exchange in 7 seconds, I timed it many times.

03-25-11 02:32 PM
    I guess our ideas of large amounts of information differ. No biggie. And I'm not a "man."
    Ok, to clarify, I'me refering about times when even if very urgent it's easier to send an email when there's quite a bit of information to convey to the other person as the other person would have to stop whatever their doing and start to write all the info down. In such times it pays to have blackberry push email as you get the email in seconds.

03-25-11 02:36 PM
    I get my gmail in seconds. That's probably why I like Android.so much. I like a lot of Google products.

If Android didn't have push email I'd go back to BlackBerry for sure.

This discussion will continue to go round and round because we all value different things in a phone.
    03-25-11 02:39 PM
    I get my gmail in seconds. That's probably why I like Android.so much. I like a lot of Google products.

If Android didn't have push email I'd go back to BlackBerry for sure.

This discussion will continue to go round and round because we all value different things in a phone.
    I understand gmail is fast but what about the rest, if they're push how come they take up to 10 minutes?

03-25-11 02:43 PM
149 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD