A while ago, I posted that I was debating between a Passport and an S6 edge. Well the S6 edge is in and will be picking it up tomorrow. Really looking forward to the change, look forward to getting used to a new os without lag and with plenty of apps

At the end of the day, there is no real BlackBerry option for me. Z30 might be fine now, but in 2 years it will be reeeally old, and passport is just too big. On top of being a powerhouse, I wanted something I can use with one hand, and PP simply doesn't work for that.

I promise to you that CrackBerry will be the first app I download on my beautiful S6, and maybe down the road, I will return to BlackBerry. Until then...

Posted via CB10
    LeeU1911 likes this.
    05-01-15 12:41 AM
    Btw, my phone trail is now:

Pearl 8100 --> Storm 2 --> Z10 STL-3 --> Galaxy S6 Edge

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 12:45 AM
    Gluck with your choice. We hope you find the right device.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 12:45 AM
    nice choice
    05-01-15 12:56 AM
    [QUOTE=Z10NIZED;11604921] lookinglook forward to getting used to a new os without lag and with plenty of apps

Sorry man but I dont think you have done much research as far as the os on the s6 goes. There is far more lag... way less efficient than bb10... you will discover that soon though.

Posted via International Passport
    05-01-15 01:09 AM
    [QUOTE=alb101;11604953]
    lookinglook forward to getting used to a new os without lag and with plenty of apps

Sorry man but I dont think you have done much research as far as the os on the s6 goes. There is far more lag... way less efficient than bb10... you will discover that soon though.

Uh I've done plenty of research and each source, (I only went to reliable sources) said the the S6 has a no lag experience through and through. Android may be a hound for resources compared to bb10, but the S6 is a beast

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    05-01-15 01:13 AM
    Everyone has his/her own choice. and let them determine their own right as well as the best option for them..
    BerryRipe and Z10NIZED like this.
    05-01-15 01:15 AM
    the z30 is already old
    05-01-15 01:15 AM
    Good luck. The experience isn't the same. Android is frustrating to deal with. Hope all things go well for you though.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 01:16 AM
    Really looking forward to the change, look forward to getting used to a new os without lag
    Well, in that case, wish you a happy first few months with the S6 ;-).

That's what Android phones do. With all the powerhouse specs, they still lag after a few months.

Q10/10.3.1.2582
    BerrySoul, thymaster and Jrox74 like this.
    05-01-15 01:16 AM
    Good luck with your new phone! If you want lots of apps, I can certainly see making the switch.

Me, I just want core BlackBerry bliss for professional communications and an HTML5 browser for the Web. With just a few exceptions that really use mobile functionality, my attitude is that apps generally suck. I think companies should deliver a great mobile web site if they want my attention on my mobile device.

My experience is that most apps just don't deliver enough functionality to make it more productive to use my phone than to simply boot up my laptop and get the job done properly. It's just so much faster to have a mouse and keyboard and to keep 8-10 browser tabs open.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 01:23 AM
    Great communicating discussion. Thanks for sharing.
    05-01-15 01:29 AM
    Well, in that case, wish you a happy first few months with the S6 ;-).

That's what Android phones do. With all the powerhouse specs, they still lag after a few months.

Q10/10.3.1.2582
    Well my Z10 started lagging at around two months, go figure

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 01:30 AM
    As a smartphone aficionado I have been down that road many times.. eventually when the news and exciting wear off there is a probable chance that you will be missing something again.. it is a never ending story.. basically no one phone has it all.. at least for me
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    05-01-15 01:35 AM
    I think there is a Sticky for this?
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    05-01-15 01:38 AM
    I think there is a Sticky for this?
    Sticky?

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    05-01-15 01:49 AM
    Goodbye Privacy...
    05-01-15 01:51 AM
    [QUOTE=Z10NIZED;11604956]

Uh I've done plenty of research and each source, (I only went to reliable sources) said the the S6 has a no lag experience through and through. Android may be a hound for resources compared to bb10, but the S6 is a beast

Posted via CB10
    What reliable sources said that the s6 has no lag experience? The same one that said the s5 has no lag lol. If youre really an "app hog" then at least get iphone6 plus at least those last longer than 4 months and donst start getting viruses like a windows 98 lol. The S6 is not a beast in any means. The passport is a beats. The 6 plus can be considered a beast too. The s6 is an uncoordinated insecure little boy on steroids that wear off too quickly and becomes junk and disposable too quickly. Crap operating system. Crap battery life. Poor communication device. Poor security. Poor reliability. Lagging OS that just gets slower and slower. Anyways not trying to put it down too much I knoe you are excited and since youre coming from z10 it may feel like upgrade but if you had a passport or a 6plus or even a z30 then it would not feel like an upgrade at all... more like downgrade. Only an upgrade from z10 as far as camera and apps nothing else.

thymaster and Sulaco757 like this.
    05-01-15 01:54 AM
    [QUOTE=alb101;11605020]

What reliable sources said that the s6 has no lag experience? The same one that said the s5 has no lag lol. If youre really an "app hog" then at least get iphone6 plus at least those last longer than 4 months and donst start getting viruses like a windows 98 lol. The S6 is not a beast in any means. The passport is a beats. The 6 plus can be considered a beast too. The s6 is an uncoordinated insecure little boy on steroids that wear off too quickly and becomes junk and disposable too quickly. Crap operating system. Crap battery life. Poor communication device. Poor security. Poor reliability. Lagging OS that just gets slower and slower. Anyways not trying to put it down too much I knoe you are excited and since youre coming from z10 it may feel like upgrade but if you had a passport or a 6plus or even a z30 then it would not feel like an upgrade at all... more like downgrade. Only an upgrade from z10 as far as camera and apps nothing else.

Lol are you done?

If so, I'd love to hear about your experience or sources experience with the device, since you clearly have made a definitive opinion about it. Or you know what I think? I think you like BlackBerry a little too much, hate android a little too much, and really just need to chill.

Some people have signs on their doors that say something along the lines of "Debating on religion and politics will not be tolerated in this household"

Conversations about choice of phone should not resemble those two topics

Posted via CB10
    JWWDUKE, BerryRipe and eldricho like this.
    05-01-15 01:58 AM
    Why do people feel they must come to this forum or any forum to say they are switching phone other than to just say that. No one here made you buy BlackBerry, no one made you stay, no one here is begging you to stay. Your choice, leave.
    05-01-15 02:00 AM
    I started testing android 1.1 in early 2009 and must say that it was like Blackberry os 10.0.x.x. It was there but you know it could have more and needed more and till Android 2.6 I was a big fan. OS 4.x was the same but different and lesser uniform and to much blabla. It was already that Android had a lot of malware, apps that I wanted to switch to a windows phone. I was lucky we get an inventation for BlackBerry to vist a BBOS pre-look in a nearby cinema. I also tested the phone there and when we get it at our office I tested it again and I really loved the gesture, keyboard interactions and the HUB and i was sold. 2 months later I bought the Z10 at launch in the Netherlands.

Now I still use BlackBerry and using an Passport with one hand and typing with two hands and still love the OS and enough apps for me, how many apps people wanted to use every day. For me it's mostly mail, BBM ,BBM calling and Calling and news (browsing) and sometimes news streaming.

I agree that you can do that also with an iphone,android or windows phone but BlackBerry OS is better and easier in use instead of using everytime and returning button or home button to get back and again. Android feels for me outdated in use, just like ios.

So I stick with BlackBerry and hope you like your S6 but i was not impressed when testing this phone and battery is worser that the S5.

My phones cycle of life is/are Panasonic EGB90 - Siemens ? - Ericsson T68 - Sony Ericsson series - LG with android 10.5 - iphone (3 days-return it) - Samsung i9000 - Blackberry Z10 - Blackberry Z30 - BlackBerry Passport my first qwerty phone since 2009 and I love it
    05-01-15 02:04 AM
    Why do people feel they must come to this forum or any forum to say they are switching phone other than to just say that. No one here made you buy BlackBerry, no one made you stay, no one here is begging you to stay. Your choice, leave.
    Some people find it interesting to hear others thoughts. You don't have to read the thread if you don't want to

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 02:09 AM
    [QUOTE=Z10NIZED;11605022]

Lol are you done?

If so, I'd love to hear about your experience or sources experience with the device, since you clearly have made a definitive opinion about it. Or you know what I think? I think you like BlackBerry a little too much, hate android a little too much, and really just need to chill.

Some people have signs on their doors that say something along the lines of "Debating on religion and politics will not be tolerated in this household"

Conversations about choice of phone should not resemble those two topics

Posted via CB10
    Haha man I dont need to prove myself to you I was just trying to help you out because it is very clear that you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to phones. Anyways no one gives a �H�t that you got an s6 this is a useless post like your soon to be useless phone. And youre way off topic with your quote there... trying to be deep about a simple subject lool.

BerrySoul and sbx9900 like this.
    05-01-15 02:11 AM
    Ewwwww.

Why are these threads on the main page.

There are threads for these already aren't there?

Mods!!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 02:15 AM
    Some people find it interesting to hear others thoughts. You don't have to read the thread if you don't want to

Posted via CB10
    So next time instead of creating a new thread topic, just post this in the existing thread where people leave for another phone.

You are just trying to validate your choice or just are looking for attention by doing this.

There is an existing thread where many of you have decided to leave. Put it there if you arent trying to do one of the two I have mentioned above.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 02:19 AM
65 123