Funny how u did this. Thanks for the chuckle.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    08-31-15 04:31 PM
    I still use my 9900... Not giving up yet!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-31-15 04:35 PM
    No, because my relationship with BlackBerry is one of consumer and business. As such, I give them money in return for products and services I want. But that's only to purchase the product.

If I use the product, I also give them data (and plenty of it according to their TOS) so they can improve their offerings, share with partners and sell advertising. Let's not forget that up until June, BlackBerry had their own ad biz.

And that doesn't even include everyone in-between that takes a cut of the data mining (telecomm service provider, website, app, etc.). They're all making a buck off selling me ads or better figuring out how to sell my info to others.

I don't pretend that Google is the only one making money off me and I don't fault them for being successful and offering services people want.

Posted via CB10
    Wait... You don't believe that some corporate entity "cares" about you beyond how much they can fleece you for?
    08-31-15 04:50 PM
    Wait... You don't believe that some corporate entity "cares" about you beyond how much they can fleece you for?
    What about the good hands people at Allstsate? I think that they care about me.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 05:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    Only if you're tiny and can fit in their hands.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 06:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    Insurance companies are probably the best example of not caring for their customers and just the bottom line. Don't let the deep voice on the commercials fool you. Or the duck. Or the gecko. Or the catchy Farmer's tune.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 06:35 PM
    Insurance companies are probably the best example of not caring for their customers and just the bottom line. Don't let the deep voice on the commercials fool you. Or the duck. Or the gecko. Or the catchy Farmer's tune.

Posted via CB10
    Duly noted, but could anybody not trust Wilford Brimley or Matlock hocking insurance. Take my money already....

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 06:57 PM
    No one trusts Mayhem?
    DrBoomBotz and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    08-31-15 08:49 PM
    I'm very doubtful of this supposed option. We'll see.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    Let's hope for the best.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3442
    08-31-15 10:03 PM
    Let's hope for the best.

Even if the BB10 option existed, it would be for those who don't mind having BB10 the way it is now - forever. Sort of a legacy offering to the holdouts. Which is fine, if this is your bag.

I have my doubts of the availability of this option because we have learned that Qualcomm wants a pile of money to develop the chipset drivers for new BB10 devices, and based on the number of BB10 users left (and it's dead-end future), this would be untenable.

Last edited by conite; 08-31-15 at 10:55 PM.
    08-31-15 10:11 PM
    Even if the BB10 option existed, it would be for those who don't mind having BB10 the way it is now - forever. Sort of a legacy offering to the holdouts. Which is fine, if this is your bag.

I have my doubts of the availability of this option because we have learned that Qualcomm wants a pile of money to develop the chipset drivers for new BB10 devices, and based on the number of BB10 users left (and it's dead-end future), this would be a untenable.

Has that been confirmed?
    08-31-15 10:29 PM
    This almost certainly won't happen unless Venice is shipped with both. Blackberry doesn't have the infrastructure for an OTA rollout on such a scale, especially if the device sells to any appreciable degree. Even MIcrosoft, one of the largest IT companies in the world, had to manage the rollout of Windows 10 with a reservation system and even then it was a miserable experience that took weeks. If you want massive amounts of returns for Venice, one of the surest way to do it is to have them sit idle for several weeks with a bootloader screen cheerfully suggesting that one try again later.
    The reservation system was to get more people upgraded faster. It wasn't because they HAD to stagger it, it was more like encouraging it sooner than later when people got around to it.

All of my win10 upgrades maxed out my 50 Mbps DSL. They had plenty of bandwidth.

They stagger the upgrades because they need to fix things they didn't know or have time to fix.

Anyone could have upgraded immediately with the media creation tool.

Not sure what you're getting on with. The roll out is considered a success.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 10:36 PM
    Has that been confirmed?
    Absolutely nothing is confirmed until we see an actual production device or an official announcement from BlackBerry.

But... if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

Last edited by conite; 08-31-15 at 10:54 PM.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    08-31-15 10:36 PM
    No one trusts Mayhem?
    Mayhem was the best!
    08-31-15 11:14 PM

I have my doubts of the availability of this option because we have learned that Qualcomm wants a pile of money to develop the chipset drivers for new BB10 devices, and based on the number of BB10 users left (and it's dead-end future), this would be untenable.

Well that's a downer. Well anyways I am okay with the current bb10 os.

09-01-15 02:06 AM
    Absolutely nothing is confirmed until we see an actual production device or an official announcement from BlackBerry.

But... if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

So what phone are you going to go for when it's all said and done? You've got to be thinking about it since you're almost sure that BB10 is at a dead end.

Not disagreeing with you though. Would have LOVED to see BBRY give as much attention to their own OS as they have with BBM Stickers. This is one page of 20:

Goodbye BB10-img_20150901_183620.png

Wtf.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 08:42 PM
    So what phone are you going to go for when it's all said and done? You've got to be thinking about it since you're almost sure that BB10 is at a dead end.
    Posted via CB10
    I'll be wielding both the Passport and the Slider, and then I will see how it plays out.

09-01-15 09:38 PM
    I'll be wielding both the Passport and the Slider, and then I will see how it plays out.

got it, got you down as a dual wielder

Goodbye BB10-businessman-holding-two-cell-phones-shutterstock.jpg
    09-01-15 11:54 PM
    I am going down with the ship if it comes to that.
    But like I always say, don't just conclude based on how a product is doing in US alone. There are only about 300 million people here out of Billions out there. That's my 4 cents.

Posted Via CA Governor's BlackBerry Passport.
    awindsr likes this.
    09-02-15 01:43 AM
    I don't get the paranoia about BB10 going the way of the Dodo bird because of the new slider running Android? Chen clearly said that apps was what was hurting BB10 and that was something they were going to and ARE addressing VERY seriously, getting more developers on board with BB10. He's a big fan of BB10, he loves the Classic and the Passport as his favs....so enough with the fear mongering...BB10 is NOT going anywhere. In fact it's only going to get better as more developers come on board and create all the great apps for BB10...be excited not scared for the future of BB10 :-)

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    09-02-15 02:55 AM
    I don't get the paranoia about BB10 going the way of the Dodo bird because of the new slider running Android? Chen clearly said that apps was what was hurting BB10 and that was something they were going to and ARE addressing VERY seriously, getting more developers on board with BB10. He's a big fan of BB10, he loves the Classic and the Passport as his favs....so enough with the fear mongering...BB10 is NOT going anywhere. In fact it's only going to get better as more developers come on board and create all the great apps for BB10...be excited not scared for the future of BB10 :-)

Posted via CB10
    Yeah with the missing of native road map the Dev will come on board, right
    09-02-15 03:08 AM
    I am going down with the ship if it comes to that.
    But like I always say, don't just conclude based on how a product is doing in US alone. There are only about 300 million people here out of Billions out there. That's my 4 cents.

Posted Via CA Governor's BlackBerry Passport.
    Sadly, this is how it is globally for BlackBerry...

http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartpho...rket-share.jsp

Posted from an ME173X
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    09-02-15 03:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yup, JC's solution is to stop development of BB10 and go Android. That solve the app solution for BB10 when it isn't needed.
    09-02-15 05:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    That isn't really happening.
    09-02-15 07:05 AM
    Chen clearly said that apps was what was hurting BB10 and that was something they were going to and ARE addressing VERY seriously, getting more developers on board with BB10.
    I think he said apps are hurting BlackBerry, and he's working hard to correct that. What he didn't say is that the correction would involve BB10. He acknowledged that the Amazon solution wasn't good enough. If he has thought of some other way to fix the app gap on BB10 he's the Gandalf of CEOs.
    Jerry A and pantlesspenguin like this.
    09-02-15 08:23 AM
261 ... 891011