I feel like the second they got the new BlackBerry slider "Venice" out, they will ditch BB10 forever and leave us. Yes I still have my Z10 Which I'm upgrading to a leap but I feel like blackberry doesent care about BlackBerry 10 anymore. Is this really what blackberry is coming to?

Posted via CB10
    lift and AllanQuatermain like this.
    08-24-15 11:10 PM
    It wasn't BlackBerry who didn't care about BB10. It was everyone else.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    08-24-15 11:11 PM
    But is this really the end for us?, people who love bb10? People who rely on the most secure os?

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    08-24-15 11:12 PM
    If it happens, it'll be really sad for all the BlackBerry lovers.

Posted using Z30 | 10.3.2.2339
    lift and Coachbulldog like this.
    08-24-15 11:21 PM
    Damn, WebOS people were right.

Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.2339
    08-24-15 11:24 PM
    Odds are BB10 devices will continue... at least in the near term.... too much time and effort tied up in Enterprise and DOD to simply drop BB10... would take some time to get certification for new Android devices for secure DOD servers... not to mention various governments...
    08-24-15 11:28 PM
    I'm so sad I think I will start just getting rid of my BlackBerry devices for now /: it hurts to see such a great os go

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 11:41 PM
    If it happens, it'll be really sad for all the BlackBerry lovers.

Posted using Z30 | 10.3.2.2339
    I really feel like it will. I feel like this is what it's coming to...Venice comes in...bye-bye BB10

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    08-24-15 11:42 PM
    If you still like it keep using it. There isn't a reason to stop if the phone still works. I've heard good things about the leap. Personally I love my Z10 so I don't think I'd make that jump.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    AllanQuatermain and Toodeurep like this.
    08-24-15 11:43 PM
    So I'm stay patient but is it worth buying a leap right now? I'm really looking to upgrade but I'm scared of doing the wrong choice.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 11:45 PM
    I feel like the second they got the new BlackBerry slider "Venice" out, they will ditch BB10 forever and leave us. Yes I still have my Z10 Which I'm upgrading to a leap but I feel like blackberry doesent care about BlackBerry 10 anymore. Is this really what blackberry is coming to?

Posted via CB10
    Still not sure, should wait what they will do. Chen had said he will commit for BlackBerry 10, let's see if this is true or not.

Posted via CB10
    sammyg423 likes this.
    08-24-15 11:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Does this mean that my 9810 is the last TRUE Blackberry slider? Sort of like the iPhone ads where they state that they design the phone and they they design the OS. A Blackberry phone running Android is just another Android phone, never left to get one before WHY now.
    m3ach and Coachbulldog like this.
    08-25-15 12:05 AM
    But is this really the end for us?, people who love bb10? People who rely on the most secure os?

Posted via CB10
    Can't be said today, should wait. Luckily BlackBerry 10 can sideload apk Android, so I can install and run ePSXe and PPSSPP, these apps are my favourite and factor that makes me keep using it but now the phone app lag (delay when slide to answer incoming calls, slow/delay when check balance bothers me.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 12:06 AM
    I'm so sad I think I will start just getting rid of my BlackBerry devices for now /: it hurts to see such a great os go

Posted via CB10
    In my region, there are still several people who use Symbian Nokia phones. Those people usually love Symbian. Like the previous uses said to you, if you like your BlackBerry 10 device and it doesn't give you problem, you can keep using it if BBM, communication, internet, camera, apps, don't bother and don't make your head headache.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 12:20 AM
    So I'm stay patient but is it worth buying a leap right now? I'm really looking to upgrade but I'm scared of doing the wrong choice.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Leap looks nice but it doesn't has NFC, no HDMI port. If you're OK, you can go for it. Till now BlackBerry still support their apps and OS. In my region, no news BlackBerry Leap comes officially, if there are seller at shop have stocks, the BlackBerry Leap will have distributor warranty, not authorized warranty. Not as much as Android users, but there are several users still use BlackBerry 10. I like BlackBerry Leap too.

Say BlackBerry Venice comes true, and BlackBerry Prague comes too. BlackBerry will have options: finish BlackBerry 10 OS, keep continue and develop BlackBerry 10 and develop BlackBerry Android too or keep continue BlackBerry 10 and develop Android OS that can be loaded to all BlackBerry 10 devices.

The third option... maybe can be boomerang. Say BlackBerry Z10 can load and install Android OS without problem (will do 100% like Android smartphones), I will give it a try, because so far I previously use Android, from Galaxy Ace 2, Galaxy Note II, Sony Xperia TX, LG Optimus G, Sony Xperia Z, LG G2, I never experience phone app lag (delay when swipe to left reveice incoming calls) and delay when check balance. Load Android OS will completely change BlackBerry 10, so BlackBerry Z10 becomes Android OS. In other side, maybe impact to BlackBerry OS users who like BlackBerry 10 so much. Say if total BlackBerry Android users exceed much BlackBerry 10 OS users, what happen next will BlackBerry company face if this comes true.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 12:34 AM
    It wasn't BlackBerry who didn't care about BB10. It was everyone else.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    Cold as ice but so true. It's a shame.

Posted via CB10
    psuarez, Timq77 and anon(8080272) like this.
    08-25-15 01:41 AM
    Hey there are still people buying 9900's and 9810's, so it BBOS7.1 is still in use 2 1/2 years after BB10, then I'm sure you could keep using your BB10 device well into 2018 if you wanted.

Only thing is that I think 7.1 was a more mature OS and has been fine tuned. BB10 has been abandoned (like the PlayBook OS) before it was perfected. And it's a shame, this could have been such a great OS if there were people being paid to develop it.

Anyway, if you're willing to keep using a phone that other people consider obsolete there's nothing wrong with that. Was just playing with my 9810 today. Love that damn thing.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2339 / T-Mobile USA
    psuarez, mighthor and srzjumper like this.
    08-25-15 02:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's really up to you if it's worth buying or not. It has better battery life than the Z10. It was an odd phone release really. But I think if you like the size and you just want one you should go for it. It may be the last all touch bb10 they ever release. Or wait a while longer for the price to come down. Then again I've waited for the Z30 to be priced reasonably for a phone of its age. Like 149.00 would be fair. But I'm not holding my breath.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2339 / T-Mobile USA
    08-25-15 02:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    For the love of god, stop being so delusional. BB10 is good, but not great. Maybe for 1% of the population it fits those peoples needs, but I for one can say I'm migrating to the 99%, so bring the HUB with a keyboard and I'll gladly leave my BB10 phone behind...
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    08-25-15 02:40 AM
    I still remember, read news, BlackBerry said (after BlackBerry Prague got leak), they plan to release as much as they can, release BlackBerry Android, and the BlackBerry Prague is the low end BlackBerry Android. After rumour BlackBerry Venice more close to come true, Jhon Chen said, he will not produce more than 2 devices again in a year, may produce 1 or 2 devices in a year. It can be blunder if from the past BlackBerry said release as many as they can for BlackBerry Android and recently said only 2 or 1 device in a year.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 02:43 AM
    Primarily I will miss:

The ability to simply drag and drop music/video onto device, with the likelihood it will play thanks to good codec support.

The ability to quickly access files on my NAS, and remotely transfer files too and from it/other devices.

I am assuming that the Android release will contain features like Hub, so we won't need to say goodbye to those.

Posted via CB10
    KingRohan likes this.
    08-25-15 02:46 AM
    Have some faith that bb10 os is here to stay (the smoothest os). Can any loyal bb10 os user imagine them self using Android or even ios?

 @simonspatial
    08-25-15 03:19 AM
    They can't ditch bb10 as the Z10 will never be able to run android. It just doesn't have enough power for that.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 03:53 AM
    At this point, nothing is decided yet, so don't panic. Wait until the slider arrives, which should be soon, and see how BB10 develops.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 03:53 AM
    I will miss the ability to choose which permissions I want to enable. It is hard to escape the feeling you are giving away your first born every time you install something on an Android.
    08-25-15 04:25 AM
261 123 ...