I'm in a bit of a situation here, and I need some advice.

I've had great experiences with AT&T up to this point. I just called Customer Care to upgrade to the Tethering Plan, so that I can take my laptop with me on the road.

I just spoke to the rudest, laziest, and most boring CSR EVER! First off, he didn't introduce himself. He just said "AT&T Business Customer Care, how may I help you?" Not only was he extremely monotone, he yawned 3 times during my conversation with him. Now, how would it make you feel if you call your provider and have them yawn 3 times on the phone? Makes it feel like you're boring, or unwanted.

When we were done, I was getting very angry. He asked if there was anything else, and I said no thank you, and started to ask for his name and his CSR ID. The second I said "no thank you" he said "have a great day" and hung up on me.

I dont even know where to turn for a complaint because I didnt' even catch his name or ID, but I am extremely angry right now.

Grr. Thanks for being my 5-minute psychiatrist. Any suggestions?
    08-02-08 06:38 PM
    Just switch to verizon
    Their customer service has always been great with me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-08 06:40 PM
    I know some people say great things about AT&T but your example is an example of why I left. I never received good customer service from them.

Unfortunately all you can do is vent, can't file a complaint against guy incognito. Stinks!
    08-02-08 06:41 PM
    I worked in customer care for a credit card company, and their software kept track of every CSR who logged into each account. If your company has that software they may be able to track the CSR that way, or if he made any changes or notes, his ID # may be logged. I'd call back and request to speak with a manager, that is horrendous service and he should be held accountable.
    08-02-08 08:16 PM

I've had great experiences with AT&T up to this point. I just called Customer Care to upgrade to the Tethering Plan, so that I can take my laptop with me on the road.

I just spoke to the rudest, laziest, and most boring CSR EVER! First off, he didn't introduce himself. He just said "AT&T Business Customer Care, how may I help you?" Not only was he extremely monotone, he yawned 3 times during my conversation with him. Now, how would it make you feel if you call your provider and have them yawn 3 times on the phone? Makes it feel like you're boring, or unwanted.

When we were done, I was getting very angry. He asked if there was anything else, and I said no thank you, and started to ask for his name and his CSR ID. The second I said "no thank you" he said "have a great day" and hung up on me.

I dont even know where to turn for a complaint because I didnt' even catch his name or ID, but I am extremely angry right now.

I bet that they have who helped you on record somewhere. He had to make notes in your account. Call them and nail this guy however you can. I can't stand this kind of BS!
    08-02-08 08:20 PM
    i love tmo
    sometimes the csr's on the phone are uninformed (never rude though or even close)
    i just go down to the tmo store and talk to the nice people
    they have even replaced my curve twice under warranty when i clearly broke the phone both times
    and i would agree with nursez
    08-02-08 10:07 PM
    Call back and ask for a supervisor. They should be able to tarck down the person that helped you
    08-02-08 10:30 PM
    The company probably has a recording of the call - as they warn you before you talk to anyone. They for sure have a record because he had to punch your number in. Go get him!

08-02-08 11:04 PM
    I ain't sayin' the csr doesn't deserve reprimand or maybe firing, maybe he sux at his job and doesn't like it. Who knows? On the other maybe he was up all night with a sick baby and or wife or or in the hospital all night with a child or wife and just wasn't into work that day. I've been on both sides of this scenario and try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I am by no means trying to say I am perfect or always right or holier than thou or anything like that, only that the guy may have had a legit reason for being tired and bland.
    08-02-08 11:27 PM
    I ain't sayin' the csr doesn't deserve reprimand or maybe firing, maybe he sux at his job and doesn't like it. Who knows? On the other maybe he was up all night with a sick baby and or wife or or in the hospital all night with a child or wife and just wasn't into work that day. I've been on both sides of this scenario and try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I am by no means trying to say I am perfect or always right or holier than thou or anything like that, only that the guy may have had a legit reason for being tired and bland.
    very true
    if he has one or two complaints then his supervisor will see it and no big deal
    however if this is an on-going issue then the appropriate action will be taken i deal (at my job) with these situations everyday...the supervisor making the decision will probably know exactly what happened
    i always give my good workers several strikes before any action is taken
    i would say call and ask
    08-02-08 11:46 PM
    All carriers' cs depts document every call that comes in to their centres, and which rep handles each call. I would call back and ask to speak with a supervisor.

08-03-08 12:01 AM
    You can't blame at&t for one persons bad day. I have had them for 10+ years and never had a problem. Like grandpa said he could of had a bad day or he could be a being bag of crap but you don't know so call ask for a super say you had a bad experience and go from there.

08-03-08 12:29 AM
    If you really want, yes there will be notes on the account, you can call back and ask to place a coaching on the previous agent. If you do, make sure the agent does it on the phone.

This will send a letter to the persons manager and then they'll be notified with disciplinary actions. (He would have totally failed the call on a QA. Bad intro., Bad outro, could have put mute key on to yawn -- I'm guilty of this myself, but I'm in early in the morning... lol sorry to anyone if I have take your call!)
    08-03-08 12:49 AM
    You called Customer Care to upgrade to the Tethering Plan, so that you can take your laptop with you on the road.

Through all the yawning and boredom, did you get what you called in for?

Someone told me a long time ago, that you cant expect people to be at their best 100% of the time. You have no idea what that person may have been going through.
    • You want to call and complain- for what? Just to have the satisfaction that he pay for his crime?
    • How often do you plan on talking to him?
    • Have you ever had a really bad p!ss poor day?
    • Do you know this person on a personal level?
    • And then once you complain, are you going to call back to see what action had been taken?
    • I have no idea how old you are, but has something like this NOT ever happened in your lifetime?
    • Did his superior customer service, or lack thereof, affect the outcome of your entire day, week, month?

I'm not saying what he did was ok one way or the other; I wasnt in your shoes, but I think when you stop thinking about yourself for a minute, you might see that your world didnt stop ceasing because of him.

Did you get the tethering plan added to your account?

08-03-08 08:41 AM
    If you really want, yes there will be notes on the account, you can call back and ask to place a coaching on the previous agent. If you do, make sure the agent does it on the phone.

This will send a letter to the persons manager and then they'll be notified with disciplinary actions. (He would have totally failed the call on a QA. Bad intro., Bad outro, could have put mute key on to yawn -- I'm guilty of this myself, but I'm in early in the morning... lol sorry to anyone if I have take your call!)
    From what you're saying, it's ok for you because you're in early in the morning; which honestly, if your shift is early AM then what you're saying isnt a valid reason for you having done this yourself. So, should you be written up or have someone call and complain about you? Does that mean you should be coached as well?
    08-03-08 08:47 AM
    Probably, but I wasn't saying I was innocent . Everyone yawns when it's early in the morning. :P Although I never said I treated the customer like that either, just yaa~awned. Oh and I never said I yawned on the call, either. Just put mute on and get the yawn in and unmute then good to go.
    Last edited by Inifekt; 08-03-08 at 09:53 AM.
    08-03-08 09:40 AM
    Probably, but I wasn't saying I was innocent . Everyone yawns when it's early in the morning. :P Although I never said I treated the customer like that either, just yaa~awned. Oh and I never said I yawned on the call, either. Just put mute on and get the yawn in and unmute then good to go.
    Hmm. See, that would be fine. As long as I don't hear it haha.

I'm a Sales Exec, and I work in a bank as well. Even though I may be having a really crappy day, or I might be really tired, I definitely am not saying I don't yawn or have my pissy days.

But I would never dare to yawn 3 times loudly on the phone to a customer. I'm not saying that I'm like the most expensive customer there...I pay $120ish a month, and I've been with them for a bit. But, I control what cell phones get used in my the company. Thats around 100 accounts. I even for a minute considered telling him to just close out the accounts cause of his arrogant behavior, but I decided against it. I dont want to be one of those annoying customers.

Anyway. I contacted one of my friends in Executive Escalation Response and he said that he'll talk to his manager. I don't really care what happens to him, I just want someone to tell him "Hey, that was really rude." I told him that I don't want him to loose his job or get reprimanded, but rather just to get poked and tell him to cut the attitude with customers.

We'll see what happens.
    08-03-08 04:27 PM
    Keep us posted.

08-03-08 04:30 PM
    ^^ I'm truly not surprised U made the call. Now I'm just waiting to see how U continue to push the envelop; being that U didn't want to get the guy fired- only reprimanded!

08-03-08 04:33 PM

Through all the yawning and boredom, did you get what you called in for?

Did you get the tethering plan added to your account?
    No, he took my interest away after the way he acted.

You know, honestly, none of those apply. I don't want money, I dont want a generated apology, all I want is for someone to tell this guy that he was rude and could have potentially cost 100+ accounts to his company.

Back to the point, I'm going to call in today to get the tethering I think. But its kind of expensive though. From what he told me, its $65 a month, plus voice, plus SMS.

Right now I'm paying $59.99 I think, which is unlimited data/unlimited text. So basically its another $25 extra, for something which I GUESS i can live without.
    08-03-08 04:36 PM
    That's lame...

08-03-08 04:37 PM
    That's lame...

Whats lame?
    08-03-08 04:39 PM
    Interesting. I also, have been with at&t for over 12 years and I'm still with them. However, I've had my share of issues with a few of their employees. The majority of my issues have been with a few of the employees in the store that were rude to me and others with the manager watching. Total "gump" move.
    08-03-08 05:30 PM
    DO not give up just because of one bad apple in the box. You can call back and ask to speak with a manager and they can track your call back to the individual just by to giving them you phone number. The will appreciate you feedback.
    08-03-08 05:41 PM

I would call back and ask to speak to a manager. At this point, get the both the CSR and "the manager's name" and explain to them that you would like the first and last name to the previous representative. Since he said "Business Care" then you have the right to his first and last name. Consumer care, I'm unsure of their policies. At this point, I would ask that manager to write an email to his manager and that manager's manager (just in case he's out the office) and then you send you own email to OOP by looking at your invoice and finding the "send your questions or comments" (I forgot the wording) address and send your complaint as well.

If he made a switch on the account, you should definitely be able to get this information over the phone.

Let me know how it turns out.
    08-04-08 01:29 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD