So, I'm currently with Verizon and I have an LGVX8300...but I am considering a BB now. Someone suggested I should not get one just because I think they're cool. If anything I would get one because I want something to put my appointments into and check my email...oh and the VZ Navigator is key too.

Good enough reasons to get a BB? What were the reasons you got a BB?
    05-20-08 07:15 PM
    So, I'm currently with Verizon and I have an LGVX8300...but I am considering a BB now. Someone suggested I should not get one just because I think they're cool. If anything I would get one because I want something to put my appointments into and check my email...oh and the VZ Navigator is key too.

Good enough reasons to get a BB? What were the reasons you got a BB?
    I actually just switched from the LG VX8300 to the Blackberry Curve with Verizon. While the blackberry is great, I do miss my LG in a way. The LG is so simple and easy to use (flip open and flip close) and really does the job of being a phone great. The Blackberry is a little more "fragile" and a little less comfortable to talk on w/ out an earpiece, but is an amazing device.

If you're looking to store appointments and check email, I'd say go for it. Besides those two features, there's probably 10 more you'll discover that you'll use once you have a day or two to play with a Blackberry. I find myself using it all the time to look up things on the net, check the weather, chat on BB Messenger, etc.

The only think that made me hesitate was the fact that you need a data plan. If you can handle this extra expense, (appx $30/month for personal use) I'd say go for it.
    05-20-08 07:22 PM
    These are features to fall in love with. GO FOR IT!!!!

Stay in Touch

• Wireless email: Send, receive, forward and reply to messages, and view attachments in popular file formats
    • Advanced phone features: Speakerphone and Voice Activated Dialing, user-definable convenience keys and dedicated Send, End and Mute keys
    • Instant Messaging1: Connect with your IM contacts using popular applications like Yahoo!� Messenger and Google Talk�
    • SMS and MMS*: Send text messages and images in an instant
    Enjoy Life

• Media player: Listen to your favorite songs and watch video clips2
    • Camera: Capture the moment in perfect clarity with 2.0MP, built-in zoom and flash
    • Video recording3: Record video clips and share them right away via email or MMS
    • 3.5mm stereo headset capable
    Find the Info You Need

• Browser: Navigate and browse websites with a roll and click of the trackball. And with streamed mobile media, view videos, music, news clips and more from mobile sites4
    • Organizer: Synch and store your calendar data, address book and more
    • Corporate data access*: Access your vital corporate databases and applications from anywhere
    • Global Positioning System (GPS) capable: Use with BlackBerry Maps or other mapping applications1 to view your geographic location on a map or determine how close you are to shops and services
    • BlackBerry� Maps: Get directions and view maps while on the road
    Maximize Convenience

• Wireless modem capability: Use your smartphone as a wireless modem for your laptop or PC*
    • 64 MB of built-in memory and an expandable microSD memory slot1,2
    • Bluetooth� capability for hands-free dialogue
    • Full QWERTY keyboard layout for fast text and email composition
    • High-resolution, light-sensing screen
    • Rated for hearing aids: M4, T4
    05-20-08 07:28 PM
    I actually like my curve better than almost every smart phone I have used as a phone. Light and fits well on the ear. And call quality has been fantastic. Imho.

Give it a try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-08 07:30 PM
    OMG - WHY? I got tired of carrying a phone (Motorola RAZR), PDA and MP3 player with me all the time!

Was getting Hubby the Blackberry 8830 World phone so decided on getting myself a Blackberry 8330 Curve. How did I EVER Live without one!!

I use it for absolutely everything, I have my phone, Mobipocket, Music, Health Tracker, MSN Messenger, my E-Mail accounts, and Web Browser, all my contact info, Calendar, etc, etc, etc, ALL IN 1 !!! SEROUSLY it has become my New BEST FRIEND, lol...

I have found it very easy to get used to and I Love discovering all it CAN do. I am SO VERY impressed with it, even having a few minor issues has not deterred me as all I have to do is come here, and find ALL THE ANSWERS @ crackberry.com.

Thanks to all for making this my #1 favorite site. I have NEVER been this excited about owning a phone EVER!!!
    05-20-08 08:45 PM
    And... they are really cool.

BlackBerry makes a unique statement. You have moved beyond the superficial and embraced the tool.

Your in good company, everybody, who is anybody, is a BlackBerry addict.
    05-20-08 08:48 PM
    Ummmmmmm Because children carry phones... Grown Men/Woman carry BB's and there F****ing cool!!! lol what more of a reason do you need! its like i say "make a statement...carry a blackberry!" (the ladies think they are sexy! )

lol I also had the LGVX8300 and now I have the 8830 WE with verizon and I dont miss my old phone one bit! BB is the way to go!
    05-20-08 08:57 PM
    These are features to fall in love with. GO FOR IT!!!!

Stay in Touch

• Wireless email: Send, receive, forward and reply to messages, and view attachments in popular file formats
    • Advanced phone features: Speakerphone and Voice Activated Dialing, user-definable convenience keys and dedicated Send, End and Mute keys
    • Instant Messaging1: Connect with your IM contacts using popular applications like Yahoo!� Messenger and Google Talk�
    • SMS and MMS*: Send text messages and images in an instant
    Enjoy Life

• Media player: Listen to your favorite songs and watch video clips2
    • Camera: Capture the moment in perfect clarity with 2.0MP, built-in zoom and flash
    • Video recording3: Record video clips and share them right away via email or MMS
    • 3.5mm stereo headset capable
    Find the Info You Need

• Browser: Navigate and browse websites with a roll and click of the trackball. And with streamed mobile media, view videos, music, news clips and more from mobile sites4
    • Organizer: Synch and store your calendar data, address book and more
    • Corporate data access*: Access your vital corporate databases and applications from anywhere
    • Global Positioning System (GPS) capable: Use with BlackBerry Maps or other mapping applications1 to view your geographic location on a map or determine how close you are to shops and services
    • BlackBerry� Maps: Get directions and view maps while on the road
    Maximize Convenience

• Wireless modem capability: Use your smartphone as a wireless modem for your laptop or PC*
    • 96 MB of built-in memory and an expandable microSD memory slot1,2
    • Bluetooth� capability for hands-free dialogue
    • Full QWERTY keyboard layout for fast text and email composition
    • High-resolution, light-sensing screen
    • Rated for hearing aids: M4, T4
    Fixed the memory size.
    05-20-08 10:19 PM
    Go for the Berry, it's a great phone with capabilities beyond the average phone (I hate calling it a phone). I'm with Sprint and pay $99 per month for unlimited everything. I work in an ER and have medical programs on the Berry and I originate home loans and have a few real estate type programs. I also have an e-mail template set up that allows me to send the daily rates to people who ask.

Productivity wise it'll make you the leader of the pack!
    05-20-08 10:32 PM
    Go for the Berry, it's a great phone with capabilities beyond the average phone (I hate calling it a phone). I'm with Sprint and pay $99 per month for unlimited everything. I work in an ER and have medical programs on the Berry and I originate home loans and have a few real estate type programs. I also have an e-mail template set up that allows me to send the daily rates to people who ask.

Productivity wise it'll make you the leader of the pack!
    and you forgot to mention hot the ladies think its sexy!
    05-20-08 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD