Hi,

I am going to need to get a prepaid phone soon, and am looking at the Virgin Mobile BB Curve 8530. It looks like it will do everything I want it to do. Do you think it is worth the $79.88 at Walmart? How good is the phone? Is it fast enough to multitask like 3 - 4 programs at a time? Also, is OS 5 getting updates anymore?
    12-12-11 11:53 PM
    The price is good for the device. one of my friends sold his old Blackberry curve 8520 unlocked on ebay last month for the same price.. (used blackberry in good condition)..
    12-13-11 04:05 AM
    I used it before I got my 9900, its pretty good. The browser n battery are dog**** but other then that its a solid phone and the plan rates on vm are cheap good luck
    12-13-11 05:46 AM
    Hi,

Will it be able to run most if not every app in the app world without lagging, or having slowdowns? Also, will I be able to use Pandora radio while browsing the web, or messaging someone without it stuttering? Also, will it be able to run the free games that are being given away by BB right now? Like The Sims 3, and SimCity Deluxe?
    12-13-11 11:31 AM
    Hi,

Will it be able to run most if not every app in the app world without lagging, or having slowdowns? Also, will I be able to use Pandora radio while browsing the web, or messaging someone without it stuttering? Also, will it be able to run the free games that are being given away by BB right now? Like The Sims 3, and SimCity Deluxe?
    NO,

The Curve running OS5 wont run all of that lag free, that is a 2 generation ago Curve Product, the 9300, and now 9360 have moved beyond it, at most you'll see lag free operation with 2 apps, browsing will suck, as OS5 had a mediocre browser, and BOLT which was the best browser at the time has stopped making it's free browser.

You would be better finding a 9300, 9700, etc on ebay and using it on VM for prepaid
    12-13-11 11:41 AM
    NO,

The Curve running OS5 wont run all of that lag free, that is a 2 generation ago Curve Product, the 9300, and now 9360 have moved beyond it, at most you'll see lag free operation with 2 apps, browsing will suck, as OS5 had a mediocre browser, and BOLT which was the best browser at the time has stopped making it's free browser.

You would be better finding a 9300, 9700, etc on ebay and using it on VM for prepaid
    VM is CDMA, so unlocked phones won't work. Someone else told me it should be able to multitask fine, as long as it runs Pandora and a browser, or while messaging I will be happy. Also, if the browser isn't cutting it I could just use Opera. I don't plan to do really much gaming on there. From what I have seen in videos it looks like it will run what I want it to. I saw someone run about 7 apps and multitask between them lag free. Also, Walmart has a 30 day return policy so if it really isn't working out I could return it. Also, it sounds like VM is getting new BB in the summer, so I will probably be upgrading in a year. Also, I just found out it has an Adreno 200, which should be able to play basic games. It looks like it could handle Sims 3 and SimCity, it can even handle Angry Birds on Androids. Also, the 528 Mhz CPU should be fast enough for what I want to do. I also found out that Sims 3 is pre-loaded on the Verizon version of the 8530, so it must be able to handle it.
    Last edited by blue_k; 12-13-11 at 12:23 PM.
    12-13-11 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD