08-23-13 06:21 AM
27 12
tools
    There has always been app stores and software stores. Like Mobihand. But they weren't integrated with the OS and the device like the AppStore was.

Apple revolutionized the whole mobile landscape by offering developers and consumers an integrated store that was a one stop solution, and much better than what came before it.

Apple didn't put Mobihand out of business. Mobihand did that all by themselves, by not being good enough to compete with Apple and Google.
    08-23-13 05:19 AM
    I had great experiences with MobiHand, far more so than AppWorld. A huge advantage was access to earlier versions of an app, that AppWorld just didn't offer, so if I restored my device AppWorld would force me to buy the latest version of an app rather than let me download the earlier version that I already owned. Also, Mobihand CS was responsive while RIM AppWorld support was non-existent and ended in an infinite loop of email from one person washing their hands of responsibility to another. AppWorld was a disaster, may well still be I suppose.

No, I don't actually think Apple put them out of business solely, I was being facetious, but the combination of the AppStore, Marketplace and AppWorld certainly didn't help...

There has always been app stores and software stores. Like Mobihand. But they weren't integrated with the OS and the device like the AppStore was.

Apple revolutionized the whole mobile landscape by offering developers and consumers an integrated store that was a one stop solution, and much better than what came before it.

Apple didn't put Mobihand out of business. Mobihand did that all by themselves, by not being good enough to compete with Apple and Google.
    08-23-13 06:21 AM
27 12