So I'm a total noob , but folks have spoken highly of the Curve , and I think I'm gonna pull the trigger soon , but what model should I get.
    Is the newest one the best? 8900?
    -Thanks
    07-10-09 08:46 PM
    The Curve is the 8300 series. So you may be confused on what you actually have decided on. Are you trying to decide what qwerty BB to get? Have you decided on a carrier?
    07-10-09 09:03 PM
    And my noobness comes shining through.
    We are going w/ Verizon.
    Seemed to me there are three types of Curves, or at least three Curve sub-sections , but again , noob and not sure what to make of it.

Right now my wife and I share a crappy tracfone , but are ready to step up.
    07-10-09 09:20 PM
    VZW offers the 8330 Curve, the most capable of the 83XX series. The 8900 is offered by T-Mo and At&T. The other 83XX models are GSM devices, 8330 is CDMA. One choice.
    Does that narrow it down for you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 09:23 PM
    Are you confused, because the 8900 is also a curve, its the next generation curve ...

The Curve is the 8300 series. So you may be confused on what you actually have decided on. Are you trying to decide what qwerty BB to get? Have you decided on a carrier?
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 07-11-09 at 10:32 AM. Reason: personal attack
    07-10-09 09:34 PM
    If you have made the choice to go with verizon you have no choice in what curve you're going to get, as they only offer one curve model which is the 8330. If you're going with verizon you have other bb options with the pearl, pearl flip, storm, 8830, the 8330 curve as well as the new tour. If money isn't an option I'd look into the tour as it has a nicer keyboard, better camera, better operating system, nice screen, more memory and more but if you go with the curve you're getting a nice device that will do everything you probably need at a great price I'm sure.

And my noobness comes shining through.
    We are going w/ Verizon.
    Seemed to me there are three types of Curves, or at least three Curve sub-sections , but again , noob and not sure what to make of it.

Right now my wife and I share a crappy tracfone , but are ready to step up.
    07-10-09 09:40 PM
    If money isn't an option I'd look into the tour as it has a nicer keyboard, better camera, better operating system, nice screen, more memory and more but if you go with the curve you're getting a nice device that will do everything you probably need at a great price I'm sure.
    I couldn't agree more. I currently have an 8330 with Verizon and the device is great. I would definitely recommend the Tour however...The Curve is an old device and that's why it's priced so low. You're gonna love the benefit of 256MB on the Tour versus the paltry 96MB with the Curve. Thats a LOT more room for storing applications and games. OS 5.0 will be the next generation OS and from the looks of it, rumors are speculating that 5.0 will be made available to the 'newer' devices like the Bold, 8900, Storm and Tour quite some time before it drops for 'older' devices like the Curve and Pearl. The speed of the processor will be very noticeable as well. You've probably read of users on Crackberry complaining about the spinning hourglass - waiting for menu's or app's to load.

Purchasing a Tour is securing your position for a long future with the device. Purchasing a Curve is a great entry level solution into the BlackBerry world - but it is unfortunately starting to show its age.

ALB
    07-10-09 10:40 PM
    Thanks , it's all makes a whole lot more sense now.
    I like the idea of the Tour , but it's too much , somehow I'm still tempted by the Storm , but it seems like I'll be getting a Curve 8330....maybe tomorrow.
    07-11-09 04:19 AM
    It sounds like the perfect device for you isn't available yet.
    It is the curve 8530. I believe it is supposed to be released "soon after the tour" whatever that means.
    But hey you got 30 days to make up your mind whether your choice was correct. Perhaps in 30 days we'll know a bit more about the release of the 8530.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 04:46 AM
    Well crap , the guy we're gonna buy our phones from isn't working today (he will totally hook us up , I used to teach his kid) , his co-worker said he had a morning shift today, but was mistaken. Monday we will enter into the cellphone age.

So we seem pretty well aimed on two Curve8330's , any suggestions on how to hit the ground running?

We're gonna transfer our landline # to my cell and get my wife a whole new #.

Damn I was stoked to get started on all of this today.
    Can't wait to ditch the landline.
    07-11-09 01:59 PM
    Curves a great phone...I had it after the 8703 so it still seems pretty advanced to me haha
    07-11-09 02:28 PM
    IMHO never consider 83xx or one day you'll regret.

Get the 8900
    07-11-09 02:45 PM
    The curve is a very capable and reliable device for a newbie to the world of BB.. Its cost effective and although it doesnt have the bell and whistles of the storm or the speed and mem of the tour its a nice device for not a lot of money..
    07-11-09 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD