When I upgraded to a Tour, I kept my old Pearl for a backup. Now I've gotten an Android phone. Since the data plans are different, will my Tour even be usable if I need it? Thanks.
    03-16-11 06:26 PM
    Yes. You just call up VZW, or change the plan yourself on the website.
    03-16-11 06:33 PM
    Yes, you could still activate it, but you'd have to change your data plan back to BIS in order to do so.
    Keep your plan as a BB data plan and you can freely switch between both. If you change to a standard smartphone data plan then you will have problems.
    Will that work on an Android though? I don't think that it will.
    03-16-11 06:34 PM
    Yes it works. Android has no problems with your plan using a BB data plan.
    03-16-11 07:30 PM
    You can do it all online, for free, and for an unlimited amount of times with no charge!
    03-16-11 07:56 PM
    You can do it. but it might be a hassle. lol
    03-23-11 10:26 AM
    It's not a hassle at all. I have my Tour as a backup as well. Though I REALLY don't want to have to go back. So I added insurance on my Android.

If you need to switch back just call customer care and they will do It for you, adding the appropriate data plan. You don't have to figure that out yourself.

You can't have a blackberry specific data plan on an ANDROID. The rep will know that.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-23-11 at 10:33 AM.
    03-23-11 10:30 AM
    switching back and forth is easy enough.
    03-23-11 01:03 PM
    If you switch online it automatically does the right data plan for you. Now if they switch to tiered data plans then it won't be as easy but for now you should be ok.
    03-23-11 01:11 PM
    Keep it....you know you'll be back in 3 months.
    03-23-11 01:22 PM
    You'll be back to the BB soon just wait till you download an app that shows you how many people know more about you than you know about you....
    03-23-11 03:45 PM
    Can we please can the "you'll be back"? OP, they said the same to me...over a year ago. I had to use my Curve for 3 days while my phone was sent in and I went and got another Android to replace it while my main phone was gone...because I couldn't stand the crap experience any longer.

That said, it took 5 seconds for me to swap back to BB data. That was the only painless thing I experienced over those long 3 days.

To the two posters above me - you do know there is an excellent chance he won't be back but you just keep saying it to keep drinking that RIM koolaid, right?
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-23-11 04:23 PM
    Leave it on BB data plan and use both freely...
    03-23-11 04:25 PM
    Since there isn't a SIM involved, it will take contacting the carrier to switch between devices, but, yes, I would say keep it as a backup. I've kept my Tour as a backup top my Mesmerize.

The other reason I've kept my Tour is in case I travel outside the US. My Mesmerize isn't a world phone. All I would need to do is slip a SIM into my Tour and I'll be up and running again.
    03-23-11 04:30 PM
    I think it is always good to have a back up. I have two Pearl 8100's just in case as I wouldn't get crap for them if I sold them, so keep them as back ups, just in case.

Shouldn't be all that hard to change out, like others said just contact your carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-11 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD