About "Network Error, Can not find the host" message:
    I had the same problem and to solve it, I had to change my SIM card to a fourth generation card ( before I had a third generation), update all the BB soft to the last version and install the 1.5 version of GolfLogix.
    Now it work perfectly.
    09-13-09 09:36 AM
    Battery life: With my 8900, for a 18 hole, it drains 2/3 of the battery's life!
    That is not too bad, and I leave the backlight ON.
    I don't leave the BB in the holster, I bought the plastic bag to keep water and humidity away.
    09-13-09 09:47 AM
    I used it Saturday and really liked it. I thought the distances were spot on and i liked being able to track my stats. Battery life sucked...made it through 6 holes. I changed my brightness to 20% around hole 4 but it was too far gone. I arrived at the course with 95% battery life. I emailed golflogix with this feedback and asked if i could have another 24 hour demo to see if i could make it through an entire round by adjusting the brightness. No response as of this evening. If you look on the Golflogix website they state that you should be able to make it through an entire round but they recommend buying a portable battery charger through their accesories section. I guess $40 for the subscription and $70 for the portable battery charger isnt too bad when compared to buying a stand alone unit for $200 plus.
    I also had a backlight issue during my trial round, and was hoping to get another free trial to see if I could fix it. Did they ever get back to you?
    09-17-09 02:32 PM
    I downloaded the trial and liked it quite a bit. The first time I used it, I didn't choose the option to turn off the backlight and had the brightness set at 100%. The battery was pretty much gone after 9. I later changed the brightness to 50% and made sure the option in GolfLogix to keep the backlight on was turned off...it lasted much longer. Played 10 holes and the battery still read 3 of 4 bars (or there abouts).

I'd like a few more stat tracking abilities like Intelligolf has, but for now this will suit me just fine, and I'll make suggestions for additions I'd like to see. The yardages seemed to be accurate.

Does anyone know how to change your score once you've entered it? Couldn't figure that one out...

The auto course finder has worked great so far.
    Were you using it on a storm? I can't seem to actually change the backlight option to "off". I was given an extra 24 hours by golflogix to try and get this to work, and I can't turn off the backlight. I can highlight the "off" but when I press on it, it doesn't change. It seems like I am able to change the other options on the screen. Score-stats and Distance unit.
    09-18-09 06:00 PM
    After you quit a round, I can't find a way to edit a score card either. But if you don't end the round the score card can still be edited under statistices.
    You can edit scores after the round by using the statistics button at the bottom of screen. You will get a screen that asks do you want current round, previous or cumulative stats, select current round. This will bring up a new screen that allows you to edit scores hole by hole. A bit of a pain because you have to step through each hole. Looks to me like you can only edit the current round, once you start a new round no edits on past rounds.
    09-19-09 03:48 AM
    Were you using it on a storm? I can't seem to actually change the backlight option to "off". I was given an extra 24 hours by golflogix to try and get this to work, and I can't turn off the backlight. I can highlight the "off" but when I press on it, it doesn't change. It seems like I am able to change the other options on the screen. Score-stats and Distance unit.
    This feature does seem to be stubborn! It almost seems like the actual spot to get it turn off is a bit below the push button! It took me several tries to get it to accept the turn off followed by a battery pull to get it to work.
    09-19-09 04:07 AM
    I also had a backlight issue during my trial round, and was hoping to get another free trial to see if I could fix it. Did they ever get back to you?
    I got this from Golflogix Customer Service...

Dear Valued Customer,

The next time you open the app, you'll have another 24 hours.

Thank you for your inquiry. We would like to gather more detail on your current situation to better assist you. Please call our customer service department directly at 1-877-977-0162 option 1. We are open Monday - Sunday from 7:00am to 5:00pm PST.

- GolfLogix Customer Support

I opened it up and nothing. I deleted and reinstalled and nothing. I sent them an email and i never got a response. I kinda lost interest so I havent called customer service yet.
    09-22-09 10:49 PM
    I got this from Golflogix Customer Service...

Dear Valued Customer,

The next time you open the app, you'll have another 24 hours.

Thank you for your inquiry. We would like to gather more detail on your current situation to better assist you. Please call our customer service department directly at 1-877-977-0162 option 1. We are open Monday - Sunday from 7:00am to 5:00pm PST.

- GolfLogix Customer Support

I opened it up and nothing. I deleted and reinstalled and nothing. I sent them an email and i never got a response. I kinda lost interest so I havent called customer service yet.
    I eventually did receive a similar email, and the demo was reset. I was able to fix the backlight issue, and decided to purchase a membership. I have a few small complaints, but overall it is worth the money. One hole was inaccurate yesterday, and it would be nice to be able to enter a score higher than 9 (yeah, I stink).
    09-23-09 10:41 AM
    I use the IntelliGolf software and like it much better. Plus, GolfLogix (and Skycaddie) is being sued for potentially infringing GPS Industries' "course maps" patent. So, who knows what will happen to them... Also, with the IntelliGolf software you get golf scoring, wagering, shot tracking, and GPS all in one. They have a $39 version and a $69 version depending upon whether you want the IntelliGolf desktop and synchronization software. I got the $69 version. It's well worth it. Plus, course downloads are free. With the IntelliGolf software you'll get GPS-based distances to the front, center, and back of the green, to the 200, 150, and 100 yard markers, and you can enter up to three custom fairway points of your choosing (e.g. dog-leg, sand trap, etc). Plus, they have created a great free application that works with Google Earth to let you survey your favorite course(s) while sitting at your PC (i.e. before playing) if your course isn't listed in their database of 25,000+ courses. BTW - I don't want to take anything away from the GolfLogix program, but I just prefer the IntelliGolf software since they've been around for a long time and have won just about every industry award possible. I hope this info helps!
    09-23-09 11:17 AM
    i have the storm and downloaded the golflogix gps for it and when i bring up the app, i cant get rid of the keyboard to do anything at all...anybody else have that same issue??
    09-23-09 06:18 PM
    i have the storm and downloaded the golflogix gps for it and when i bring up the app, i cant get rid of the keyboard to do anything at all...anybody else have that same issue??
    My guess is you have compatibility mode enabled. Disable it in the options: advanced options: applications menu
    09-24-09 02:14 AM
    I had an issue getting the Golflogix app to work. My yardage wasnt correct and it would not change or update. I emailed customer support and was instructed to call their toll free number for help. I called and after a 45 min wait I got the most useless human being known to man trying to correct the problem. You could tell he was reading from some sort of guide to try to fix the problem. Everything he guided me to do had already been tried and of course the problem wasnt fixed. Instead I was told someone from the company higher up with more knowledge would be contacting me to fix the problem. Lets see that was about a month ago and you guessed it no call yet. The app has since been deleted and I am using Greenfinder with no problems what so ever. This was a major disappointment since I was looking forward to the extra features the Golflogix app had built in but if it doesnt work worth a darn whats the point.
    09-24-09 09:25 AM
    They have recently updated their Storm app to fix a lot of the issues you guys are having. Should help you guys.
    09-29-09 08:30 AM
    They have recently updated their Storm app to fix a lot of the issues you guys are having. Should help you guys.
    Any idea how to upgrade to the the new version if I am already a member?
    09-29-09 09:02 AM
    Any idea how to upgrade to the the new version if I am already a member?
    I just received an email from GolfLogix with a link to get the upgrade so I would expect you should get one as well.
    10-05-09 11:15 AM
    recieved the email as well and will give the app another shot
    10-05-09 11:37 AM
    Yep I got the update, looks like they corrected some of the initial gripes I had.

1-buttons too small
    2-delete rounds that were incomplete. (rain cut short a round)
    3-edit existing rounds. This I don't think was fixed. problem was the unit froze up on me on the 17th hole. (more than a few times on random holes, especially when I tried to "log my club".)
    When i restarted the app it gave me the option to start a new round, not complete the present round. If that was the case I could have completed the round then and there, or even put the info on a scorecard and then edit when I get home. Unless I'm wrong, can anybody tell me if this was fixed?

I was about to give up on this app until the upgrade came along, at least they were listening and are making an attempt to please.

btw has anybody used greenfinder for the storm. The feature i'm interested in is the voice response on yardage. I think it would be neat to have the Storm holstered, push the mute button and have the distance read aloud through a bluetooth headset. no frills to the center of the green, but easy on the eyes, the other players and not so techie.
    10-05-09 12:26 PM

btw has anybody used greenfinder for the storm. The feature i'm interested in is the voice response on yardage. I think it would be neat to have the Storm holstered, push the mute button and have the distance read aloud through a bluetooth headset. no frills to the center of the green, but easy on the eyes, the other players and not so techie.
    I have used Greenfinder on the Storm. I actually seldom used the voice feature, it worked fine, I just liked to see all the data available most of the time. Keep in mind Greenfinder does not have nearly as many courses as GolfLogix does, at least not yet.
    10-06-09 09:56 AM
    I installed it on my Blackberry storm and on the 7th hole my battery died. I had a fully charged battery when I started. It really worked great & has a lot of nice features but now I didn't have a golf GPS or a cell phone. May need to carry an extra battery.
    10-12-09 08:44 AM
    I installed it on my Blackberry storm and on the 7th hole my battery died. I had a fully charged battery when I started. It really worked great & has a lot of nice features but now I didn't have a golf GPS or a cell phone. May need to carry an extra battery.
    You probably left on the setting that has the back light on all the time. There is no need for this, you can adjust this feature under settings in GolfLogix. For a typical 4.25 hour round I use 50% of my battery assuming a full charge.
    10-13-09 10:20 AM
    Hey all. What I'm wondering is if your carriers charge you for using the device GPS software?
    I was thinking about getting the golflogix and a guy on my hockey team told me it would cost an additional $20 each month to use the phone's GPS software. Anyone know about this?
    Thanks
    11-15-09 11:24 AM
    Hey all. What I'm wondering is if your carriers charge you for using the device GPS software?
    I was thinking about getting the golflogix and a guy on my hockey team told me it would cost an additional $20 each month to use the phone's GPS software. Anyone know about this?
    Thanks
    Verizon does not charge extra.
    11-15-09 11:25 AM
    I know I am in the storm 1 forum but does anyone know if this application works with the Storm 2 9550?

Regards
    11-17-09 07:39 AM
    I know I am in the storm 1 forum but does anyone know if this application works with the Storm 2 9550?

Regards
    Yes it does work for the storm 2. I love it. great interface. Easy to enter scores, track distances, and measure shots (especially from other fairways where I usually end up)
    11-18-09 03:14 PM
    I have been using it for three weeks now and have been plagued by the battery crashing. I guess it is downloading yardage constantly that it just sucks up battery power. I changed the back light thinking this would save power. the phone is always going into "safe mode"; asking whether I want to quit the app. I guess this is another power saving feature.
    Nonetheless, the battery was dead after 14 holes. This is the third time that it has died on the 13th or 14th hole. Therefore, the power safety features didn't work. So today I carried a second battery, changed it but had to wait until it rebooted; a fairly long time. I was already done with the hole.
    What should I do? I love the app as it is accurate, visuals are great. But constantly clicking "No" when asked to quit the app is really annoying. How can I get it to last an entire round of golf (4 1/2 - 5 hrs)?

ilfarootherside
    05-02-10 09:01 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD