I have had a blackberry for 6+ years, and for the last 3 years, with my current company, which uses "Goldmine" for e-mail. No problem, everything is perfect, until recently.

I purchased a Pearl back in July. Set up my e-mail on it, ran the new CD on my laptop & synced my contacts, etc. I didn't like the phone, so took it back, and reset up my old phone, re-syncing it.

Now, for some reason, my goldmine e-mails, which still comes into my blackberry fine, disappears after i read the e-mails on my laptop. This never happened before, my e-mails would stay on my blackberry, regardless if i read them in goldmine on my blackberry.

I have a second e-mail account on my blackberry, my earthlink/outlook account, and it works just fine. E-mail messages stay on the phone, regardless if i read or do not read them on my laptop.

Nothing has changed at my work with goldmine, and my collegues do not have this problem. Which leads me to believe there is something on my phone or in the syncing process that is telling my phone to not keep these messages.

I have called AT&T, and they keep telling me that it is goldmine. My goldmine IT guy, says it is my phone. UGH!

I even bought a new phone, a Curve 8310, and the problem still exist. I need to be able to look back at e-mails, if i need, when on the road. This is extremely frustrating!

Does anyone have any idea what i can do? Where i can look for some help with someone that knows both goldmine & blackberry?

thanks, la madonna
    09-13-08 10:59 PM
    Now, for some reason, my goldmine e-mails, which still comes into my blackberry fine, disappears after i read the e-mails on my laptop. This never happened before, my e-mails would stay on my blackberry, regardless if i read them in goldmine on my blackberry.

I have a second e-mail account on my blackberry, my earthlink/outlook account, and it works just fine. E-mail messages stay on the phone, regardless if i read or do not read them on my laptop.

Nothing has changed at my work with goldmine, and my collegues do not have this problem. Which leads me to believe there is something on my phone or in the syncing process that is telling my phone to not keep these messages.
    First a few questions -
    are you using BES to the company servers, or BIS? This might make a difference to where you need to fix the problem.

BES mail is usually synched to the server - when something changes on the server the change is pushed out to the BB automatically. This could be what you're seeing, and your laptop is deleting mail from the server when you read it. The BB gets told about the delete a short time later and mirrors the change on its internal storage.

If you're using BES there's another stage you've not described, because Goldmine is not supported directly by BES. There should be a company mail server which runs one of Lotus Notes, Novell, or Microsoft Exchange mail server. Goldmine will be sending mail to this server for final delivery and you need to talk to the company BES admin about where to look for the problem setting.

(This is where the difference between BES and BIS gets interesting. I know little about BES so I'll concentrate on BIS)

IF USING BIS
    Which mail protocol is configured on your laptop? (The answer should be either POP3 or IMAP)

With BIS you can setup several different methods for email handling, and there are several different types of host mail server. Basically, BIS reads from standard internet mail servers which will be either IMAP or POP3 (some servers support both protocols but you will be using only one into your BB). POP3 is the original internet standard, where you download and save all the mail to your computer when you check mail, and (usually) delete it from the server because it is saved on the pc. With IMAP the mail is left ON THE SERVER and NOT saved on the pc when you read it, and if you read again later you have to go back to the server and retrieve again.

Here's the first crunch point because if the server supports both POP and IMAP it will have a common store of mail which is shared by both systems. If your BB is configured to read using IMAP it will leave the msg on the server and it will be seen when you go in with the pc. If you then read to pc and delete from the server (default in most POP3 mail clients) it will not be there when your BB goes back with IMAP for another look.

I have called AT&T, and they keep telling me that it is goldmine. My goldmine IT guy, says it is my phone. UGH!

I even bought a new phone, a Curve 8310, and the problem still exist. I need to be able to look back at e-mails, if i need, when on the road. This is extremely frustrating!
    Now I'm even more convinced the problem is in how you handle the mail at the laptop stage, and it is simply conflicting with how your BB is trying to do email.
    09-14-08 04:20 AM
    Sorry to hear about the problems, IntelliClick Software, helped me with some email problems I was having with Goldmine. Good Luck.
    10-10-11 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD