Hi--I had a blackberry curve 8830 for several years and then switched to a Droid (incredible 2 a few months ago). I miss my blackberry. I obviously love the features and apps with the droid. I have VERIZON service.

I miss typing on my blackberry--I'm a big emailer!

I'm don't have time to research blackberries, but I'm curious which one you think I should get?

I'd like a blackberry that can get apps from blackberry app world, but also one that has a good camera and video camera.

Can one take a picture on a blackberry and then upload that picture to an email, to facebook, etc?

Also, I'd like a blackberry that has great audio sound as well...and one that I can download a few games.

I haven't done research on BB in awhile, so I'd love some in put on which VERIZON BB I should go with.

Thanks!
    10-04-11 02:54 PM
    If missing the keyboard is your biggest issue, try a Freedom Bluetooth keyboard with your Droid. I use one with a Verizon Thunderbolt. It works great.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-04-11 03:06 PM
    how do i get the freedom bluetooth keyboard--is this an app that I can get from the droid marekt?
    10-04-11 03:14 PM
    how do i get the freedom bluetooth keyboard--is this an app that I can get from the droid marekt?

Sorry, that was funny. No, it is a small, physical bluetooth keyboard.
    10-04-11 03:17 PM
    10-04-11 03:18 PM
    Just get the 9900/9300.

It's an amazing phone with everything you need.

Everyone is raving about it.
    10-04-11 03:24 PM
    Or from the CrackBerry store, here: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=nU4eayI9
    10-04-11 03:25 PM
    The 9930 is what you should get I didn't see that you were on verizon.

BlackBerry Bold 9930 now available from Verizon for $250, on contract -- Engadget

Its specs, meanwhile, coincide with what we've already heard, including that 2.8-inch, 640�480 VGA touchscreen, 1.2GHz Snapdragon processor and .41-inch thickness. The 9930 also comes equipped with BlackBerry 7 OS, bringing voice-activated search and speedy browsing capabilities to the palm of your hand. No word yet on when the phone will arrive in actual stores, though rumor has it that August 25th could be the big day. For more details and ordering information, check out the source link, below.

Slimmest blackberry ever. Great camera etc.
    10-04-11 03:28 PM
    I love the Blackberry keyboard as well. I went to Android and it took me a few weeks to get used to the virtual keyboard. Start out typing slowly until you get used to where the buttons are.

Also, you can try downloading a different keyboard from the Market.

Lastly, like Jeff said, consider a Bluetooth keyboard. I've tried the Freedom keyboard and it is very easy to type on!

If the keyboard is the only thing making you want to drop the Android, you may find you miss the apps, widgets, and other things that Android phones have that BlackBerry phones do not such as Skype, apps, Flash browser.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-04-11 at 03:30 PM.
    10-04-11 03:28 PM
    Sounds like the OP just misses his BlackBerry all together and not just the keyboard. And this is a BlackBerry site after all, so I will respond as such.

To the OP: I have a Droid X2, but was a BB user a couple years ago. I just picked up the PlayBook and considering going back to a BB. I got used to the on-screen keyboard, so a physical keyboard is not a must have for me. Not to mention they keyboard on the new BB's seem smaller then on my old Curve. Anyway, I'm looking at the Torch 9850 so I can take advantage of the Bridge feature with the PlayBook.

The 9850 doesn't have as big a screen as you 4" Incredible 2 does, but it's bigger than the current line up of the Bold and Curve available from Verizon. I would think you would have a hard time going back to a smaller screen. I know that's my issue if I switch from my 4.3" DX2.

You may miss the touch screen too. I still pull my old Curve out every now and then and instantly want to reach up and touch the screen. But if you get the 9930 you'll have touch and they keyboard.

So my advice is to stop by a Verizon store and spend plenty of time playing with phone you want to get. And don't forget about their 14 day return policy.
    Last edited by NickA44; 10-04-11 at 03:43 PM.
    10-04-11 03:37 PM
    I love my Torch 9850. It has good sound, and I have a bunch of apps and games. It doesn't have as many as Android, obviously, especially for a new device with a new resolution, but there are only a few apps I want and can't get [yet].

Having said that, I'm still trying to adjust to the virtual keyboard. Now, I had the Storm, which also had a virtual keyboard but I miss getting some kind of tactile feedback, plus I think the screen is a bit narrower on the Torch 9850 so I am having some trouble re-adjusting. Just something to consider. If you could get by with the Bojld 9900's smaller screen, then that'd probably be a great choice with its physical keyboard.
    10-04-11 03:44 PM
    I've never used a touchscreen BlackBerry, so I can't compare one to a Thunderbolt. BlackBerry keyboards are the best in my opinion, but a Bluetooth keyboard makes my Thunderbolt a very useful device. The 9930 is the logical successor to my 9650, but since I haven't got one yet, I can't recommend it. I don't recommend the 9650 for a new user, simply because it's already old.
    10-04-11 03:45 PM
    I want to be unbiased here since you are asking for input. I don't see why you would get a bluetooth keyboard along with a spare battery for your droid. More stuff to carry.

The keyboard on the Bold 9930 feels like a grand piano that fits in your pocket.

I left BB for a droid a couple of years ago and I felt like you did so I came back but now with the Bold 9930 I can honestly say I love my phone and would get nothing else. Also, the e-mail feature on the droid will drain your battery very quickly if you try to keep up with the BB. I had an HTC Evo 4G and my wife likes it but I just needed to get back to my BB.

The best advice I can give you is try the phone out at the store. Also, keep in mind that this is a world phone. I'm not sure yours is.
    10-04-11 03:45 PM
    I want to be unbiased here since you are asking for input. I don't see why you would get a bluetooth keyboard along with a spare battery for your droid. More stuff to carry.

The keyboard on the Bold 9930 feels like a grand piano that fits in your pocket.

I left BB for a droid a couple of years ago and I felt like you did so I came back but now with the Bold 9930 I can honestly say I love my phone and would get nothing else. Also, the e-mail feature on the droid will drain your battery very quickly if you try to keep up with the BB. I had an HTC Evo 4G and my wife likes it but I just needed to get back to my BB.

The best advice I can give you is try the phone out at the store. Also, keep in mind that this is a world phone. I'm not sure yours is.
    You know what? I mostly agree. If I had to own a BT keyboard to use a device, I probably would not use that device. I think BT keyboards are nice accessories, but I hate carrying multiple accessories or devices.

Having said that, I am just as fast on my virtual keyboard as i was when I used a BB.
    10-04-11 03:54 PM
    njtexas are you there? questions, concerns comments?
    10-04-11 04:05 PM
    Hi--it's a tough decision..i really miss my BB..I loved the curve 8330 but I could not get to the app world with that device. I miss typing very fast--I've considered the DROID PRO--but I'm not sure. I'm really considering getting the latest and greatest VERIZON BB===I think I"m going to go to the Verizon store and check them out. Again, I want to be able to upload pictures to facebook..can that occur on a blackberry? Please let me know.
    10-04-11 04:34 PM
    Hi--it's a tough decision..i really miss my BB..I loved the curve 8330 but I could not get to the app world with that device. I miss typing very fast--I've considered the DROID PRO--but I'm not sure. I'm really considering getting the latest and greatest VERIZON BB===I think I"m going to go to the Verizon store and check them out. Again, I want to be able to upload pictures to facebook..can that occur on a blackberry? Please let me know.
    I believe so.
    10-04-11 04:39 PM
    Yes you can upload pics from your bb. I do it all the time. Wall photos or entire albums? I am not sure about entire albums.

The droid pro is a nice piece of hardware but if you go look at the droid forums from smartphone experts, many people have had to return them 3-4 times (or more). I don't know if it is a bad batch or what, but there have been problems. Of course every phone has problems. I almost considered this phone myself and sometimes wish I did get it.

In terms of the bluetooth keyboard, it's a battery drainer. Battery life is important to me, at least. So also something to think about.

Go check it out at the store. You have to be able to have it in your hand to decide. Beware though, the salespeople are really only pushing the iphone and androids. Don't get sucked in and make the decision for yourself Good luck.
    10-04-11 04:43 PM
    I miss the typing of the BB..I may go to a verizon store and check out the BBs..that's the first step...I just want to make sure I can still take good pics with a BB as well as some video--and could upload to an email or to facebook..is that possible?
    10-04-11 05:07 PM
    I would think you would miss certain things your Android did, such as browsing on a bigger screen. When I break out my 9700 it is painful to browse and sounds to me that if you did go back to BB that the 9930 sounds more your level, granted the smaller screen.

Only way to really know is go test one out. They are no doubt the best BB's to date. I don't recommend the 9850 as you said you miss the physical KB.

good luck in whatever you choose.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-11 05:10 PM
    I miss the typing of the BB..I may go to a verizon store and check out the BBs..that's the first step...I just want to make sure I can still take good pics with a BB as well as some video--and could upload to an email or to facebook..is that possible?
    I think it records in 720p and has a 5 megapixel camera
    10-04-11 06:05 PM
    Does the BB curve 9330 have any good features?
    10-04-11 07:37 PM
    Yes, you can attach pics to email and post on facebook as well as send through BBM.

10-04-11 07:53 PM
    Does the BB curve 9330 have any good features?
    My wife has the 9330 and really likes hers. But she doesn't do much more than communicate with it (bbm, email, phone, text)...I have a 9930. The two are worlds apart. The 9930 is the pinnacle of bb's!

njtexas likes this.
    10-04-11 08:27 PM
    I just wanna post that Verizon offers Skype to their blackberry Customers. It was said that they don't further up and I wanted to correct that.

10-04-11 09:30 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD