I witnessed a man talking on his full size iPad today at the airport. Screen was off so I couldn't tell if it was facetime audio or another wifi calling app. It reminded me of the 80s-90s when kids had full size boom boxes on their shoulders.

I went from the iPhone 4s to a Q10. Same size profile. It is the perfect form factor to me, and as close to the Bold line of BlackBerrys that made perfect handsets.

Tried the Passport, and although I love the screen size and clarity I felt the Q10 was better suited for me. I could see myself going to a Classic as the largest phone I'd enjoy wielding. Z10 has a great form factor as well. I think a lot of people are looking for that perfect holy grail of a device, that truly replaces the cell phone, tablet and computer. Today I don't think it exists and consumers are led on a chase buying more and more hardware. One day components will get smaller, batteries will get more efficient, and communicator devices will get smaller again. Till then I think any phablet 5" and under is manageable. 6" will flop IMHO.

 Q10 on 10.3.1.2582 
    BroncoVAL likes this.
    06-02-15 11:54 AM
    I really do wish at times that the Classic was the same size as the Q10, maybe even a tad smaller. The phone I was using before the Q10 was even smaller, and I liked it just fine.
    06-02-15 11:57 AM
    Whatever the trend is among consumer phones, BlackBerry has and will continue to do the opposite. Mostly because its the phone for the rest of us. And are you really going to make a phone that is thinner than the iPhone? C'mon- they live for that stuff. Sir Jony Ive probably has a billion dollar budget to design each iPhone so unless you have black magic on your side, you're always going to be playing catch up. It would be better to stand out - thick and square.
    06-02-15 12:12 PM
    I am one of the people who rushed out and pre-ordered the iPhone 6+ before they were officially released and I remember when I first got it I was surprised how big it truly was.

Even owning it now for more than 8 months or so, I still dislike how big it is and wish that I would have gotten the 6 instead. I hope phones don't continue to get bigger. I like the fact that the keyboard is a little bigger and the keys are spaced out more and it is great to play games and watch movies/YouTube videos , but I have yet to get use to the obnoxious size and the fact that it does not fit in my pant pockets all the way and sticks out. I do get worried sometimes that it will fall out. It is also uncomfortable to try and use/hold it with one hand. I do not spend hours a day watching videos and playing games on my iPhone to really get much out of the bigger screen. Also, for some reason, I still do have apps that haven't updated to the new screen size and I get disorientated images and or constant problems within the apps. I do not see myself continuing to use or buy a bigger phone in the future.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 12:27 PM
    I really like the size of my Note 4, but I sometimes miss a smaller form factor. Not too much smaller...I'm thinking in terms of my LG G2 that had a 5.2" screen. I still have some old cases laying around. I look at the one for my SGS3 and think how tiny it was!
    06-02-15 02:24 PM
    I am one of the people who rushed out and pre-ordered the iPhone 6+ before they were officially released and I remember when I first got it I was surprised how big it truly was.

Even owning it now for more than 8 months or so, I still dislike how big it is and wish that I would have gotten the 6 instead. I hope phones don't continue to get bigger. I like the fact that the keyboard is a little bigger and the keys are spaced out more and it is great to play games and watch movies/YouTube videos , but I have yet to get use to the obnoxious size and the fact that it does not fit in my pant pockets all the way and sticks out. I do get worried sometimes that it will fall out. It is also uncomfortable to try and use/hold it with one hand. I do not spend hours a day watching videos and playing games on my iPhone to really get much out of the bigger screen. Also, for some reason, I still do have apps that haven't updated to the new screen size and I get disorientated images and or constant problems within the apps. I do not see myself continuing to use or buy a bigger phone in the future.

Posted via CB10
    I think around 5 inches are just nice, while close to 6" is already phablet size. This can be nice at times but it's definitely huge, making it difficult to handle sometimes. It's a similar situation with the Passport. Sometimes I love it for its size, when browsing the internet I can navigate sites in desktop mode without any issues for example, however, it's just to big and square for carrying around comfortably.

Posted via CB10
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    06-02-15 02:34 PM
    I'd never go back to a small screen.
    06-02-15 02:40 PM
    While I'm used to the Z30 size and it is my favorite phone so far, I still look longingly at my little Z10 and wished it worked better. To me the size is perfect, and a slider that size (closed) would be interesting.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>
    06-02-15 03:51 PM
    My Z30 is the perfect size, not too big and not too small.

Z30something
    06-02-15 03:56 PM
    BlackBerry should break all the rules and make a 9 inch phone that is the same width as a Z10. It would have a cool rotary-dial interface to make calls. And you could stream movies and also type out Morse code on the back. Who's with me??!

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 06:38 PM
35 12