To quote Yogi Berra" it's beginning to feel like Dj vu all over again".

I converted from Windows Mobile to BlackBerry back when Microsoft stop supporting Windows 6.5 in their transition to Windows 8.

Back in the day, one of the "stated" reasons for going to a cloud based platform was to "lighten the load on device storage capabilities" . Additional storage could be accessed on the cloud.

But fast forward to now, where we have the capacity for 32 GB internal storage, 128 GB SD cards and Security Issues concerning servers being hacked, wouldn't it be nice to have an option to store data exclusively to your device once again?
    And more importantly, choose when, what and with whom you like to share.

Given the times we're in, along with the technology and the risk to security, wouldn't that be a good option.

That's why I waited for a platform like BlackBerry10. Because compared the other platforms, BlackBerry10 offered me the flexibility of their Application Permission option to choose what and what not to share "voluntarily ".
    Now this may or may not be naive , but this is what I believe the Applications Permissions option should be for.
    Other platforms applications give you the "take it or leave it " option ( give us total permission access to your device as stated, or don't use the app).

That all being said, that's one of the main reasons I prefer BlackBerry. That in conjunction with, I got mad love for the way the O.S is laid out ( the Hub, the gestures, the whole nine..).

So when I feel a reluctance from BlackBerry itself to supporting what" I believed" BlackBerry at one time was about, it's somewhat troubling.

If they want to manufacture an Android device, manufacture one.
    If they wish to code for IOS and Android, do that. If they feel they have to farm out the manufacturing to stay alive, my hope is that BlackBerry can right their ship, so that one day you can rehire those loyal BlackBerry workers who will be displaced.

But through all of that, make BlackBerry products for those who have and are still willing to invest their money in support of your company, in the old BlackBerry OS way.
    Continue to make Flagship BlackBerry Devices running the BlackBerry10 OS.

Because, if you can design and make devices for other platforms who have shown you no love , can't you continue to support those who have invested in your products for years?

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 03:16 PM
    While I can appreciate your long post... there's a simple answer here.

BlackBerry 10 isn't going anywhere.
    06-16-15 03:23 PM

Bestest Blaze.

What do you mean by that? Is that positive or do you mean it in a negative context?

BlackBerry 10 is the best OS so far. Hope it stays like that.

Remember when Thorsten Heins presented BlackBerry 10 along with Skype, Facebook, etc as native apps onboard?

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 04:55 PM

Sounds too much like a statement far reaching into the future.

I'll predict that IF and only IF this Samsung collaboration fruits into a BB slider phone or thereafter with BB Experience Suite imbedded/pre-loaded then ... BB10 remains for corporate users, Android+BB Experience Suite Full is for both consumers/corporate BYOD customers.

Or Android is for Consumers only = more funds for forward going concern as a business (doubt it'll help really - but then again it'll be the ONLY Android+Physical KB device out there). And BB10 remains ship to order direct to consumers, corporate users with a BES license or via carriers to corporate/enterprises.
    06-16-15 06:05 PM
    I really hope that the BB 10 Os stays its course and keep improving...

  
    06-16-15 06:26 PM
    I really hope that the BB 10 Os stays its course and keep improving...

  
    This. My berry soul is asking for this... :-)

  Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!  
    06-17-15 12:29 AM
    I don't think BlackBerry 10 is here to stay. I can't see Blackberry phones still being made 5-10 years from now. BlackBerry is putting up a fight, but it's still dying a slow death.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 04:00 AM

Ah, this reminds me of a story from the great WebOS wars - our commander turned to us and said "WebOS is going nowhere, our leaders are doubling down and its a marathon not a sprint".

With courage in our hearts, we went over the top clutching our touchpads and charged at the ranks of the droids and fruitmen.. and...

<sobs and has to be taken away>
    06-17-15 04:11 AM
    PassportSQW100-1/10.4.x.xxxx
    I still believe my self will use that software Version in the future

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680 Red | CB Mod
    06-17-15 04:14 AM