I've tried finding a solution but couldn't come up with any. So please help. I'm on wifi and when I sign on to my gmail and yahoo account on my hotspot browser it works. On gmail, after I get to my inbox, my wifi connection locks up, so I cannot view any emails. On yahoo, i can view emails but when i try to send a reply, the connection locks up. And in both cases it says there's an error with the connection or something. Does anyone know why this is? I don't have a data plan so wifi is the only way for me to check emails. Unfortunately I can't send .
    05-10-09 05:07 PM
    Try clearing your browser cache and doing a battery pull.

On a side note, you should try the gmail app for blackberry, works great. But still, make sure that you get the problem with the browser solved too.
    05-10-09 05:28 PM
    Thanks for the info. For all this while i thought the emails are set up based on the BIS connection (ie: no wifi needed). Please correct me if I'm wrong
    05-13-09 07:12 PM
    Sorry, from the title of the original post I thought you were trying to access yahoo and gmail through your blackberrys web browser using the m.gmail.com and m.yahoo.com/mail wap sites. Accessing your email this way does not use BIS, it uses the internet either through a data connection or wifi. If so, then I would suggest the first step to try solving the problem is clearing the cache and doing a battery pull, then try to access again.

Now if you have your yahoo and gmail accounts set up in BIS, then you shouldnt need to use the web browser on your phone, all your messages should come to the messages app.

Not sure how Airtel handles their BB plans, but in order to send and receive messages through the mobile network you probably need to subscribe to some kind of blackberry plan. If you have a BIS plan, that means you have a data plan, which, at the very least will push messages to you and allow you to reply and you don't need wifi to check messages
    05-13-09 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD