Gmail Sent filter in place, BUT sometimes I need to send email to myself.

Hi, can anyone solve this:

I have the classic gmail sent filter in place so email I send isn't also copied to my Bold.

BUT sometimes I email myself as a way of making notes, reminders and so on. But with the gmail sent filter, ALL mails I send are filtered out and 'not forwarded to device'.

Has anyone come up with a solution for this, one that doesnt require multiple email addresses or necessitate changes to the way I construct my emails or the email subject I use.

Cheers if you can help!

Scott
    01-26-09 01:44 PM
    send it to your BlackBerry email address. Example: on Verizon it would be @vzw.blackberry.net You have to create it under the email setup icon. That's what I do, or I just save it as a draft (which makes it stand out). There is no way to send it to the same email address that has a filter to block it. Either to from another account or send to another account configured on the device.
    01-26-09 01:54 PM
    Create a second filter that forwards any email with a specific subject line to your device. Then make sure the subject always is what the filter states.
    01-26-09 01:59 PM
    Sith: I just tried that and did not work for me. I went in to BIS, created a second filter that said do forward if subject = "me", and saved it. I then went to my gmail account and sent an email to same address with "me" as subject and it never arrived to device. I think it's being denied because of the other filter. I don't think it actually makes an exception since it goes through all the filters and the other says not to.

Does that work for you?
    01-26-09 02:08 PM
    I was hoping there might be a 'better' filter setup on BIS I could use.

So 'sent mail' isnt forwarded but 'mail sent TO me' is forwarded.
    01-26-09 02:24 PM
    Might it work if you put the "do send" filter ahead of the "don't send" one? I think they work in a set sequence, and if an earlier rule contradicts a later one the earliest one takes precedence.
    01-27-09 07:26 AM
    @Spinny

Good suggestion - that solved the problem. Thanks a lot!

For other's benefit here are the steps to take, in this order:

1. delete your 'Gmail sent' filter (you probably have this already - it stops all sent mail copying to the berry)
    2. setup a 'Sent to self' filter (foward to device when sender = you)
    3. setup a 'Copied to self' filter (foward to device when Cc field = you)
    4. setup the 'Gmail sent' filter agaiin.

Now the 'Gmail sent' filter still works, but if you want to send a mail to yourself, or Cc yourself, that works too.

BONUS
    Last edited by scottfrasernz; 02-02-09 at 01:24 PM.
    02-02-09 12:50 PM
    Very glad it helped. Cheers!
    02-03-09 06:45 AM
    Awesome.... was gonna suggest sending from your bb email
    02-03-09 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD