When I receive emails and choose to delete them on both handheld and pc, it does not remove it from the pc?? Is there a setting I need to change or something?

EDIT: Also how do I no receive sent emails on my BB that I send from gmail?
    03-14-09 09:15 PM
    Try this link to solve the second issue:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...lackberry-853/
    For the first, first thing I do when having trouble with email is to send service books.
    Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)> click service books> click send service books, or log onto your provider's website and send them from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 09:43 PM
    appreciate it!
    03-14-09 09:47 PM
    Are you setup to receive gmail via IMAP or POP? Because I don't believe POP will delete sync

03-15-09 02:26 AM
    one thing you can try is to login to your BIS on your PC, and click edit in your e-mail address, there should be a box on the bottom to sychronize deleted items. That's what I did and I haven't had any problems.
    03-15-09 02:27 AM
    Are you setup to receive gmail via IMAP or POP? Because I don't believe POP will delete sync

POP will delete sync, it just won't show as read in your physical inbox. I started out with POP, then switched to IMAP for this reason, but I didn't have thing set correctly, and IMAP had a 10-20 min delay, so I switched back to POP, had it sync my deleted items between my handheld and my inbox, and now it deletes when I tell it to. With POP, it doesn't show that I've read my messages when I have on my handheld, but I don't care much about that, as long as I can delete the ones that I want and it showes in both, that's all I care about.
    03-15-09 02:29 AM
    For my own curiosity, does it delete on your bb if you delete from your pc?

03-15-09 02:41 AM
    no, that's only an IMAP thing... but there is still like a 15-20 minute + delay for that to happen... sometimes more... I use POP, the e-mails show up instantly that way, IMAP has been quite buggy lately... I'm hoping they clear it up soon!
    03-15-09 02:44 AM
    this usually takes care of itself for me when I sync....
    03-15-09 02:45 AM
    Yes, its a weigh up between 15 min receive delay but (pc -> bb) delete & read sync (often with many hour delete sync delay) OR instant email but no read delete sync.. Will be nice when they (RIM / Gmail - don't really care who is to blame) finally sort out something that works properly

03-15-09 03:00 AM
    Well, word is that there's a BIS update coming shortly where Gmail is going to have automatic IMAP setup, and with that I'm really hoping for instantaneous e-mail delevery. We shall see won't we!
    03-15-09 03:13 AM
    I will be looking forward to it!

Seems to me, if I can get a Nokia, iPhone or (heaven forbid) Winblows Mobile to do proper instant 2-way delivery, read, delete sync, I should be able to get a blackberry to do it too!
    03-15-09 03:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD