Has anyone found settings that actually work for the new Gmail BIS 2-way sync? I keep getting old messages, deleted through IMAP (archived) pushed out to my device. I'm set up for handheld wins on reconcile.

My experiences seem to be similar to other people, where the reconciliation (such that it is) occurs upon receipt of a new message, but it's inconsistent at best right now (VZW), and I can't really pin down whether messages are archiving / deleting in both directions, or just unread / read status.

But it's starting to get very irritating to have to go delete 10-15 messages from a few days ago every time someone sends me a new Gmail message!

I did a BIS remove / add of the Gmail account, including a device reboot, and a reinstall of the Enhanced GMail app. It did not seem to change anything.

Any ideas?

Matt
    05-13-10 04:10 PM
    Archiving is not deleting. A message deleted on the phone (on both the phone and the server) will be removed from "All Mail" and put in the trash. Any messagemerely archived and remaining in "All Mail" on Gmail will remain in your phone's main message folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 05:25 PM
    Yes, but my understanding with Gmail's BB implementation was that when you delete a message on the device, it's only archived on the Gmail server, not deleted.

But that does not explain this sudden appearance of old Gmail messages getting pushed out to my device again and again.
    05-14-10 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD