Does the issue of getting duplicates of your sent messages only exist for gmail pop, and not imap. When I set up my gmail I was aware I would have to set up filters to fix this problem, but when I went through and followed the imap setup, I forgot to set up the filters. Even though I have no special filters on either gmail or my bis, I'm not receiving, duplicates, and everything seems fine. So if in fact imap does not have this problem, then why would people use pop?
    11-18-08 12:41 PM
    The BIS server tends to poll GMail's IMAP less frequently than GMail's POP for some unknown reason, so if you picky amount getting your mail ASAP, then POP is a better choice. I prefer IMAP for it's other advantages, but really wish I could have full IMAP support like I did on my previous non-blackberry device.
    11-18-08 01:44 PM
    I'm satisfied with email delivery with gmail / imap on my bb8830. I don't like the fact that all mailbox changes don't seem to be properly sync'd. For instance, with imap, I would expect an opened message on my bb to show up as opened in the web interface and vice versa. This is not always the case but it bothers me a LOT less than the silly stuff that used to go on with pop like not having all my mail delivered to all my mail clients or having to reset my gmail pop settings to get mail to start flowing again after it had stopped for no reason.
    11-18-08 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD